The all new ALO Rx IEM amp! Now on sale.
May 17, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #62 of 187
May 17, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #64 of 187
May 17, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #66 of 187
May 20, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #67 of 187
Nice review of the ALO Rx by our very own Brian/AxelCloris on Headphone.guru. Check it out! 

http://headphone.guru/alo-rx/

May 22, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #68 of 187
well looks like I be getting one,

I just pulled out my old lying around Rx MKII, WOW, I'd forgotten! and set this beauty aside for other amps? I haven't paired this puppy up with anything since my original CLAS was replaced with the -R, quite a long while ago,

the clearity of it, great bass, an awesome soundstage with great instrument seperation, and imaging, WOW!

now going back to my HP-V1 the RX kind of puts it to shame? makes it sound congested? ggrrr, and I thought I was just falling in love with my new tube amps aswell, sh!t, lol, and I was thinking very hard about getting the new CL's Trio? well looks like I can put that off for a while? damn Ken, lol, nice job, I'm putting in my order after I finish this post, that was an easy make up my mind scenario, thanks Ken!

one thing for certain is I will love the new volume pot, wasn't a big fan of the MKII's old attenuator? had to hold the dial one sid eor another to increase or decrease the volume,

May 23, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #69 of 187
  well looks like I be getting one,

I just pulled out my old lying around Rx MKII, WOW, I'd forgotten! and set this beauty aside for other amps? I haven't paired this puppy up with anything since my original CLAS was replaced with the -R, quite a long while ago,

the clearity of it, great bass, an awesome soundstage with great instrument seperation, and imaging, WOW!

now going back to my HP-V1 the RX kind of puts it to shame? makes it sound congested? ggrrr, and I thought I was just falling in love with my new tube amps aswell, sh!t, lol, and I was thinking very hard about getting the new CL's Trio? well looks like I can put that off for a while? damn Ken, lol, nice job, I'm putting in my order after I finish this post, that was an easy make up my mind scenario, thanks Ken!

one thing for certain is I will love the new volume pot, wasn't a big fan of the MKII's old attenuator? had to hold the dial one sid eor another to increase or decrease the volume,

Anderoan,

You kind of made my day yesterday with your post, thank you so much :wink: I had a rough day yesterday so it was good to read at the end of the day, you know one of those days!

Yes we really want to do a thinner amp but the darn digital volume controllers are all poopy, we have not given up on doing something more compact though.. still experimenting!

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 24, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #70 of 187

Anderoan,

You kind of made my day yesterday with your post, thank you so much :wink: I had a rough day yesterday so it was good to read at the end of the day, you know one of those days!

Yes we really want to do a thinner amp but the darn digital volume controllers are all poopy, we have not given up on doing something more compact though.. still experimenting!

Ken

yes I know those days, ggrrr, ugh, lol, what you and ALO do to contribute to the audio community is just grand! it pick my spirits up every day! so I am super happy to return the favor! cheers my friend!

my audio therapy has come along way since I've been using your gear! mainly the MKII, and recently the Continental-V3, both are currently my favorite amps! well the V3 moved over for the MKII? and soon the RX will replace the MKII, I put my order thru with you yesterday!

as you can see thinner isn't much of a concern of mine, but it's always nice, I use more of a portable/transportable rig, a bit of a monster, I've lugged the Lisa3 around in it! been while since then, but now I'm happy to be back with the MKII, and lovin it, soon to be RX,

the little beast at the top of the 1st pic. which I swear by! is the all powerful ZOv1! it adds some extra umph/punch to the music when I want to experience it, well it thickens up all the notes really, adds to the bass, mids and treble,

and with the CLAS-R, MKII, ZO combo, I still get the clarity and spaciousness that is there without the ZO on, it only adds to the music without covering up what is already there, they call it SmartVector Tech,

anyways Ken keep up with AOL's great experimenting, we all love it when you do, and you all do it very very well! and I will keep adding to my collection!

Happy Memorial Day!

May 24, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #71 of 187

yes I know those days, ggrrr, ugh, lol, what you and ALO do to contribute to the audio community is just grand! it pick my spirits up every day! so I am super happy to return the favor! cheers my friend!

my audio therapy has come along way since I've been using your gear! mainly the MKII, and recently the Continental-V3, both are currently my favorite amps! well the V3 moved over for the MKII? and soon the RX will replace the MKII, I put my order thru with you yesterday!

as you can see thinner isn't much of a concern of mine, but it's always nice, I use more of a portable/transportable rig, a bit of a monster, I've lugged the Lisa3 around in it! been while since then, but now I'm happy to be back with the MKII, and lovin it, soon to be RX,

the little beast at the top of the 1st pic. which I swear by! is the all powerful ZOv1! it adds some extra umph/punch to the music when I want to experience it, well it thickens up all the notes really, adds to the bass, mids and treble,

and with the CLAS-R, MKII, ZO combo, I still get the clarity and spaciousness that is there without the ZO on, it only adds to the music without covering up what is already there, they call it SmartVector Tech,

anyways Ken keep up with AOL's great experimenting, we all love it when you do, and you all do it very very well! and I will keep adding to my collection!

Happy Memorial Day!

where did you get that pouch? I'm trying to find something for my alo mk3 and cypher lab. i'm at the point where i'm about to rig my back pack to get it to work.

May 24, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #73 of 187

where did you get that pouch? I'm trying to find something for my alo mk3 and cypher lab. i'm at the point where i'm about to rig my back pack to get it to work.

although Lowepro make some great product, it's an Amazonbasic camera case,

found here: http://www.amazon. com/gp/product/B002VPE1XE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1,

I came across the Abasic 3 years ago, unfortunately amazon is out of them? I probably bought every one that they had, I would add them to my cart to to fill in the gap to get free there shipping!

PM me and I can send you one, well sell you one that is, for 400 gazzilion dollars that is! buwahahaha, lol, well it looks like I have 5 of them lying around? according to my amazon history, I was about to mod one to accomidate my HP-V1,

I've modded the hell out of my first one, which I still use today, it currently accomidates my Continental-V3, I've cut and sewn holes in it to accomidate the vents for the tube in the C-V3, these cases are extremely durable,

I use a camera strap and always haul it around on my neck, wherever I go! you can't go wrong with it, it has been a perfect fit for every rig configuration that I have every wanted and had,

it fits my Fostex HP-P1, with iPod and amp! like in the pictures the Lisa3! that was an awesome sound to carry around wherever I went!

for me it's all about my audio therapy! because when I have my ka-sweet tunes playing audio bliss in my ears, I care not for any of the chaos that might be going on in the world around me? crying kids at restauraunts, sweet tunes, rude drivers, sweet tunes, you name it, my sweet tunes and ugly monsterous rig carry me away,

I just smile and whistle all the day thru! like myprofile says: "I luv to walk my dog in the parks around town, whisltling and listening to my tunes, ka-sweet!" unfortunately she is getting old, and is having health problems, has a hard time walking? so I guess it's more like sitting and a whistling nowadays? lol,

I was using a crumpler before, and I have a ton of those, sm, med, and lrg, all brand new! but they will more only accomidate a source and an amp? well depending on the footprint your gear has, they are awesomely nice and where more in use before I added the CLAS to my rig!

but anyway I am trying to get my gear organized together, and will be selling off ALOT of gear, amps, dacs, source, iems, and full sized gear, along with alot of cases that I have accumilated over my few years of persuing audio bliss! ggrrr ugh, lol,

any anyway, lol,  Law87 PM me about getting a Abasic case out to you, will make your commutes alot easier,

I would recomend a camera strap to go along with it, strap it around your neck and whalla, little fuss little muss, very convienent, to tote your gear around safely, took me a little while to get used to it around my neck, not bumping or catching it on anyting kind of stuff, I had a couple of close calls, but now I am an old pro with it, low profile cables also help,

May 25, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #74 of 187
Just started a product page for the ALO Audio New Rx and posted my review. Enjoy!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/alo-audio-the-new-rx/reviews/13219

May 25, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #75 of 187
  Just started a product page for the ALO Audio New Rx and posted my review. Enjoy!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/alo-audio-the-new-rx/reviews/13219

whew! and I thought my dog had a smelly butt that told stinky jokes, lol, but thanks for the product page and your walkthru tutorial, it was enjoyable, yea enjoyably long, lol, jk,

but your walkthru was very nice and personable, thanks for sharing, gives me a feeling/idea of what it would be like if I ever was able to go myself, as I probably won't? and your review/walkthru only reafirms the great things that I'm already hear from my RX MKII now, and that I will only be hearing more of those great things that Ken has put together in the new RX! I ordered mine saturday!

and yep Ken is a good guy, what little doings I've had with him he's always been top notch, I had to call ALO a few years back over something trivial, and was super surprised when he's the one that answered the phone, and so I got to talk with him about it, boy was I a little tongue tied, but he was very nice and helpful and answered my ?'s about it, it was the highlight of my day,

Happy Memorial Day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back