The all new ALO Rx IEM amp! Now on sale.
Mar 31, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #16 of 187
  here's hoping the pricing runs until Friday cuz I'll have one coming my way if it does. :D

Holding for you :wink:

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 1, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #21 of 187

Awesome - thanks! :D

I'm dropping in now to actually place the order (a little earlier than anticipated) - the price drop is at the top of the product description but the price is the non-intro one now. :frowning2:

Bugula

Try again, sorry it was on a auto switch so I turned it back on.

Thanks

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #23 of 187
Got my Rx ordered today.  Will be pairing with my Noble 6, and Fiio X1 (until I figure out my next source)

Apr 7, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #24 of 187
Apr 7, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #25 of 187
Got my order in today, too!  Didn't want to chance the price bump.

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #27 of 187

Another glowing Rx amp review, this time over at Headfoncics.com.

"The RX is a revelation for its price and an instant winner for me with just about every IEM I tried"

-Marcusd @ Headfincs

Ken

Apr 7, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #28 of 187
[UPDATED]

Build, finish and presentation are STUNNING. ALO have gone all out with the Rx. This is a premium product.

Volume pot is good. I am usually not a fan of on/off integration but this feels/works great. Range is perfect with all of my IEMs. Unfortunately there is some low level channel imbalance. :triportsad:

Completely black background with all of my IEMs. Astounding. It's as if you are in space and sound leaps out of the vacuum.

Sound wise the words that immediately come to mind are nimble and articulate. Mids and treble are just about perfect. Initially, bass doesn't seem quite as muscular as some other amps but it is just very well controlled. It hits low and has impact, even on my neutral Noble 4s. On the whole the presentation is incredibly cohesive. Soundstage is about as expansive as I have heard on a portable.

ALO have nailed the brief and have created a very compelling amp. This is an end game portable for IEMs.

Apr 7, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #29 of 187
Initial impressions after 30 minutes;

Build, finish and presentation are STUNNING. ALO have gone all out with the Rx. This is a premium product.

Volume pot is good. I am usually not a fan of on/off integration but this feels/works great. Range is perfect with all of my IEMs. Unfortunately there is some low level channel imbalance.
triportsad.gif

Completely black background with all of my IEMs. Astounding. It's as if you are in space and sound leaps out of a vacuum.

Sound wise the words that immediately come to mind are nimble and articulate. Mids and treble are just about perfect. Bass doesn't quite feel as muscular as some other amps, but on the whole the presentation is incredibly cohesive. Soundstage is about as expansive as I have heard on a portable. Further impressions to follow, but so far ALO have nailed the brief and have created a very compelling amp for IEMs.

Exactly. Although my unit didn't have the channel imbalance. Cheers

Apr 7, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #30 of 187
  Exactly. Although my unit didn't have the channel imbalance. Cheers

It is normal for the pot when turned all the way down to zero (no sound), you should not hear anything, then when you turn the volume up just ever so slightly at the point where you can first barely hear some music this is where one channel will come in first. However this is not anywhere at listening levels, the moment the music becomes recognizable the left and right will quickly equal out even well before even low listening levels. Some less sensitive IEMs this will be unnoticeable. We used a audio taper potentiometer, this allows for more "turn travel" so you have more control over the volume.

We wanted to use a digital volume controller in the beginning in order to make the Rx super thin but the analog pot was SOOO much better sounding than when we used the digital volume controller.

Also for the Nickel plating, we found that wiping it with vinegar it will make the nickle plating shiny again if yours get a patina on it. Its is a bare metal so can darken over time.

Thanks

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back