The all new ALO Rx IEM amp! Now on sale.
May 25, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #76 of 187
  Just started a product page for the ALO Audio New Rx and posted my review. Enjoy!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/alo-audio-the-new-rx/reviews/13219

it look as big as the Alo Mk3....I rather just stay with my Mk3b and get an impedance adaptor to get rid of the hiss. I get extra power for my Alpha prime and Beyer T1 when I need it at home...

May 25, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #77 of 187

it look as big as the Alo Mk3....I rather just stay with my Mk3b and get an impedance adaptor to get rid of the hiss. I get extra power for my Alpha prime and Beyer T1 when I need it at home...

Thanks for the detailed review!

m3k B vs Rx size for your reference.

Cheers

Kb

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 25, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #79 of 187

thanks for the picture ken, is the thickness the same width?

Mk3 b    1"

Rx    .68"

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 30, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #80 of 187
Thoughts on pairing Rx with JH Angie IEM?

Edit: Too late, already purchased on a whim!! :)

May 30, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #82 of 187
I can't think of any IEM pairing that wouldn't go over well with the Rx. I'd think more about the source/IEM pairing since the Rx will simply disappear between the two.

if it's so transparent...what does it add? lol

May 30, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #83 of 187
if it's so transparent...what does it add? lol

Analog volume control, the perfect amount of volume play for an IEM, incredible headroom, background black as night...

Run an IEM from a source with an internal amp that can't do the IEM justice (AK100) and the experience isn't optimal. Run line-out of that same source into the Rx and use it to feed the IEMs and you'll see just what the Rx brings to the table, the perfect IEM experience.

May 31, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #84 of 187
What's the expected battery life for the new Rx? Can't seem to find the spec.

May 31, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #85 of 187
well I've had my RX for a few days now, hhmmm, what to say and how to put it?

a nice sounding amp, but being somewhat of a basshead? it seems somewhat a of delicate/thin sound? outside of being somewhat of a basshead, it really has an awesome sound to it!

I agree with these reviews:

http://www.headfonia.com/alo-audio-rx-your-iems-best-buddy/

http://headfonics.com/2015/04/the-rx-portable-amp-from-alo-audio-its-back-2/

some Pros:

it has pretty much everthing that I'm looking for in an amps sound: a great soundstage, detail, very nice clearity, extension, balance between the bass mids and treble, the black background only makes everything stand out more, and it does it very well, kudos Ken, nice job! its sound stands up to some of my higher end amps, the Pure II, and Dou, MKII, close to the Contental V3,

and if I want to thicken up the sound/the bass, mids, and slightly on the treble, I just turn on the ZOv1! and now this puppy pulls ahead of some of them, and puts it on parr with others,

the RX has alot of great qualities that the ZO only adds to, depending on what I'm listening to, and the quality of the recording, alot of times the RX doesn't need any assist from the almighty all powerful little ZO, lol, mainly the ZO fills in the small gap where being a basshead come into play, and with my main con, 

and unfortuately some cons:

which is the volume output is maxed out for me? there are times when I am wanting more volume, but it will already be turned all the way up? so that is where the ZO really come in handy, but not always wanted?

the ZO adds to the volume as well as the bmt, and will put it at a more comfortable level, but alot of times I'm wanting more volume but without the ZO and its sound qualities, but it winds up just not being there? ggrrrr ugh, lol,

I'm not sure if it's the ASG-2s that I am addicted to need more juice? hhmmm, the are IEMs, but this is what I just couldn't imagine, that it wouldn't be able to power the ASGs sufficiently? when I read that it was strictly for IEMs, I was like o.k. that's right up my alley, I was going to ask Ken if it had the same gain as the C-V3, or the MKII, because I like to use the ZO, and that adds to the volume, as well as the sound, amping an amp? but not in any traditional sense, because that will make for a teribble sound, yuck, lol, and if so if he could lower the gain? but it seems as if I need to have the gain increased? not sure if that is possible without changing any of the RXs sound qualities? I like to listen to loud music at louder levels I guess? but with the ASGs it never seems that way to me, because htere are alot of times when I am turning the music down because it too loud for me,

I'm currently using an iPod Classic 7th gen>CLAS-R>RX>ASG-2s=borderline volume>ZOv1=better volume, but not always needed/desired sound,

I read in the comment section of the 2nd review where Boogie6301 was also having volume issues from his iPod,

from Boogie6301

"I would usually audition any headFi gear before purchasing. The Rx is a very rare exception and I relied a lot on the review here. The sound impressions from the review is spot on to what I'm looking for. The Rx looks great specially with my iMod.

My excitement lasted just moments because when I powered this baby up the output was really low. I understand that it is optimized for IEMs but should have decent gain for small to medium cans like my HD25-1 II or even my LCD-3. It also says that in the review.

With my 1964 V6-Stage my normal comfortable level is already around 3-4 o'clock. At full volume you can really hear distortion. It sounds great matched to the V6-Stage at mid volume but for all my other cans and iems it was a disappointment. I'm sure it has nothing to do with my cable or player because when I tried a stock iPod Video and LOD the volume level is the same. Interestingly, using the Fiio X1 as my DAP the volume was loud even at 12 o'clock with the HD25-1 II.

I think I pulled the trigger on this one too early. It seems it doesn't match well with the iPod ecosystem - I should have waited for more reviews. However If I got a dodgy Rx I really would like to know. I've been emailing the ALO helpdesk for 3 days already and all I got was the auto-reply acknowledgement."

anyway I am liking the RX alot, - the volume output level, that and the input jack is a litle too close to the volume pot? but with my rig it isn't too bad, hard to adjust the volume in cetain circumstances, there I said, lol,

and I'm not sure about the battery life? I usually go a couple of days before recharging it, never ran it out yet? not sure if I will have the opportunity to, I will probably be returning it to Ken, as the volume output level is kind of a big hassle? ggrrr ugh, lol,

although because of me liking my ZO so much, it was nice to have an amp that I could use the volume pot beyond a smidgen of a turn/turned all the way up! because of the ZO, before it got too loud/made me go deaf, lol, almost at a perfect gain for me for once! ssooooo close, damn Ken, lol,

May 31, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #86 of 187
well I've had my RX for a few days now, hhmmm, what to say and how to put it?

a nice sounding amp, but being somewhat of a basshead? it seems somewhat a of delicate/thin sound? outside of being somewhat of a basshead, it really has an awesome sound to it!

I agree with these reviews:

[COLOR=0066CC]http://www.headfonia.com/alo-audio-rx-your-iems-best-buddy/[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0066CC]http://headfonics.com/2015/04/the-rx-portable-amp-from-alo-audio-its-back-2/[/COLOR]

some Pros:

it has pretty much everthing that I'm looking for in an amps sound: a great soundstage, detail, very nice clearity, extension, balance between the bass mids and treble, the black background only makes everything stand out more, and it does it very well, kudos Ken, nice job! its sound stands up to some of my higher end amps, the Pure II, and Dou, MKII, close to the Contental V3,

and if I want to thicken up the sound/the bass, mids, and slightly on the treble, I just turn on the ZOv1! and now this puppy pulls ahead of some of them, and puts it on parr with others,

the RX has alot of great qualities that the ZO only adds to, depending on what I'm listening to, and the quality of the recording, alot of times the RX doesn't need any assist from the almighty all powerful little ZO, lol, mainly the ZO fills in the small gap where being a basshead come into play, and with my main con, 

and unfortuately some cons:

which is the volume output is maxed out for me? there are times when I am wanting more volume, but it will already be turned all the way up? so that is where the ZO really come in handy, but not always wanted?

the ZO adds to the volume as well as the bmt, and will put it at a more comfortable level, but alot of times I'm wanting more volume but without the ZO and its sound qualities, but it winds up just not being there? ggrrrr ugh, lol,

I'm not sure if it's the ASG-2s that I am addicted to need more juice? hhmmm, the are IEMs, but this is what I just couldn't imagine, that it wouldn't be able to power the ASGs sufficiently? when I read that it was strictly for IEMs, I was like o.k. that's right up my alley, I was going to ask Ken if it had the same gain as the C-V3, or the MKII, because I like to use the ZO, and that adds to the volume, as well as the sound, amping an amp? but not in any traditional sense, because that will make for a teribble sound, yuck, lol, and if so if he could lower the gain? but it seems as if I need to have the gain increased? not sure if that is possible without changing any of the RXs sound qualities? I like to listen to loud music at louder levels I guess? but with the ASGs it never seems that way to me, because htere are alot of times when I am turning the music down because it too loud for me,

I'm currently using an iPod Classic 7th gen>CLAS-R>RX>ASG-2s=borderline volume>ZOv1=better volume, but not always needed/desired sound,

I read in the comment section of the 2nd review where Boogie6301 was also having volume issues from his iPod,

from Boogie6301

"I would usually audition any headFi gear before purchasing. The Rx is a very rare exception and I relied a lot on the review here. The sound impressions from the review is spot on to what I'm looking for. The Rx looks great specially with my iMod.

My excitement lasted just moments because when I powered this baby up the output was really low. I understand that it is optimized for IEMs but should have decent gain for small to medium cans like my HD25-1 II or even my LCD-3. It also says that in the review.

With my 1964 V6-Stage my normal comfortable level is already around 3-4 o'clock. At full volume you can really hear distortion. It sounds great matched to the V6-Stage at mid volume but for all my other cans and iems it was a disappointment. I'm sure it has nothing to do with my cable or player because when I tried a stock iPod Video and LOD the volume level is the same. Interestingly, using the Fiio X1 as my DAP the volume was loud even at 12 o'clock with the HD25-1 II.

I think I pulled the trigger on this one too early. It seems it doesn't match well with the iPod ecosystem - I should have waited for more reviews. However If I got a dodgy Rx I really would like to know. I've been emailing the ALO helpdesk for 3 days already and all I got was the auto-reply acknowledgement."

anyway I am liking the RX alot, - the volume output level, that and the input jack is a litle too close to the volume pot? but with my rig it isn't too bad, hard to adjust the volume in cetain circumstances, there I said, lol,

and I'm not sure about the battery life? I usually go a couple of days before recharging it, never ran it out yet? not sure if I will have the opportunity to, I will probably be returning it to Ken, as the volume output level is kind of a big hassle? ggrrr ugh, lol,

although because of me liking my ZO so much, it was nice to have an amp that I could use the volume pot beyond a smidgen of a turn/turned all the way up! because of the ZO, before it got too loud/made me go deaf, lol, almost at a perfect gain for me for once! ssooooo close, damn Ken, lol,

Law,

Your 7th gen iPods line out is a little lower than most sources, in not trying to make any excuses mind you.

Please PM me because I can easily adjust your gain up or down and the problem will be solved.

Thank you so much,

Ken

May 31, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #87 of 187
Law,

Your 7th gen iPods line out is a little lower than most sources, in not trying to make any excuses mind you.

Please PM me because I can easily adjust your gain up or down and the problem will be solved.

Thank you so much,

Ken

? were you talking to me?

May 31, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #88 of 187

May 31, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #89 of 187
Perhaps I should rephrase my last question. How long should I expect the Rx to last on a single charge?

May 31, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #90 of 187
Perhaps I should rephrase my last question. How long should I expect the Rx to last on a single charge?

I can't give you a hard number, but when I had the review unit it lasted the entire day at the office without dying. I work around 10 hour days on average. I did have it turned off during lunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back