TF10 no basses? Lol
Nov 11, 2008 at 10:47 AM Post #61 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
also notice that it doesn't say it has an integrated 3 way passive crossover; but instead just an integrated passive crossover. that was the cleverly worded material I was talking about before when it was quoted. they stop just short of saying it has a 3 way crossover .... because it doesn't. They bother to say its a passive circuit but not how many ways; I bet you find on the UE11 page they do mention it though. unless they are trying to present it as a 4 way crossover
tongue.gif

awww what do you know
dt880smile.png

Housed within the custom shell, a quad armature speaker system uses an electrically and acoustically tuned three-way crossover to produce an unparalleled sound environment. The UE-11 Pro provides - 26dB of passive noise cancellation.

from yours truly ultimate ears website.

now maybe you can see how ultimate ears has tactically worded thier material so unsuspecting folk believe the triple fi may be 3 way.

still awaiting an email reply off UE to put this conversation in the grave. still its an interesting one

Nov 12, 2008 at 7:12 AM Post #62 of 76
LOL... I thought as much; now that seems a bit inconsistent doesn't it??? you watch....someone is gonna say that it can still be a 3 way IEM without having a 3 way crossover. almost said it B4
confused.gif

Nov 12, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #63 of 76
3 drivers doesnt necessary meant it's 3 ways but 3 crossovers will make it a 3 ways iem.

Btw, i just received my triple.fi. I dont care how many crossover it has as long as it sound good. And boys it does sound good
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 12, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #64 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3 drivers doesnt necessary meant it's 3 ways but 3 crossovers will make it a 3 ways iem.

Btw, i just received my triple.fi. I dont care how many crossover it has as long as it sound good. And boys it does sound good
smily_headphones1.gif

absolutely
icon10.gif
I dont want to mess with your enjoyment of them, they're just not my cup of tea; I found them uncomfortable, ugly, and the highs were a bit harsh IMO, I couldn't wear them for more than an hour. Plus my cable perished after only having them for just over a week; the sound started dropping out in the left driver; and yes I treated them with kid gloves (very carefully) for the $$ I think UE could do much better as far as build quality. they talk about the shures having cable issues, but since the updated cables there is no problem, as long as you look after them, I rub vegetable oil into the cable every few weeks to keep it supple and clean with mild soapy water every few days. I just wish they had a detachable cable so I could make an OEM cable for them for even better definition, as well as helping those highs out just a little with a silver cable. Oh well I love them the way they are and i'm getting the hear yourself C# soon so can get my cable bling happening then
o2smile.gif
I have no problem with them really as an IEM, but the misleading marketing and other issues mentioned above were a deal breaker for me. only way i'm going back would be UE11 but thats a while off and to be honest there are some rdeally good competitors in the same pricerange now the sensephonics would be the way to go for me. but i'm gonna get the C3 and see how I like customs and then concentrate on my home rig after that. already got the DIY UBER VCAP dock half finished then buy lisaIII and leave it at that.

Nov 12, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #65 of 76
ok i got my email back off ultimate ears...here it is word for word.

Hello Jason,

The Triple.fi 10 Pro is a triple driver with 2 high and 1 low with a 2 way crossover.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Tarah Draper

Ultimate Ears - A Logitech Company

Customer Service Rep

5 Jenner Street

Suite 100

Irvine, CA 92618

Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors

hope this clears up those doubters out there that think its 3 way.

Nov 12, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #67 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That certainly clears thing up. Thanks for the info.

thats no problem mate,
ksc75smile.gif
no hard feelings, you have made some very informative and great posts so i have nothing against you, i just like a good rant now and then.

its interesting how the UE representative told me the triple fi 10 use two high drivers and one low, and the website advertises the triple fi as having 2 low and one high?????

strange advertising huh. still, having two high drivers explains the brilliant highs the triple fi produces

Nov 12, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #68 of 76
UE could use better marketing personnel and web master, that's for sure.

*I am just as happy to learn about the truth even if it proves me wrong. It is better to know what is factually wrong than to believe in what is assumed right.

Nov 12, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #69 of 76
Quote:

yeh, its always wise to tell your web designer exactly what the configuration of the earphones are if you want them to type that info up. it just isnt great really is it, i mean i was expecting the UE person to tell me exactly what it says on thier site, but instead they told me something completely different.

still what can we do eh were just consumers and no matter how they are configured they do sound great, it just would be nice if they made it plain and clear whats inside and how it works.

Nov 12, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #70 of 76
Quote:

*I am just as happy to learn about the truth even if it proves me wrong. It is better to know what is factually wrong than to believe in what is assumed right.

well said, i didnt intend to prove you wrong, but i did intend to show you that what ultimate ears is telling you on the site is not correct, even coming from the ue representative herself. i doubt they will change the wording tho as im sure they are unaware how many people have noticed...
tongue.gif

still, its cleared up now and at least if anybody isnt sure in the future ill have that email to show them. i am not trying to prove you wrong as i say, you wasnt wrong anyway you was just quoting what ue makes us as consumers believe.

Nov 12, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #71 of 76
No hard feeling here, Jinx. Regardless of what TF10 turns out to be, I will still enjoy it as it is.

Nov 12, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #72 of 76
good man, and everyone else should have that attitude instead of arguing about whats better, just be careful how you read things and remember to get whatever information you can about the earphones because its an expensive hobby and manufacturers are looking after themselves not us.

Nov 12, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #73 of 76
It is still possible that the customer service representative could have mixed up the info.

Nov 12, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #74 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Possum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is still possible that the customer service representative could have mixed up the info.

anything is possible, i didnt think there was 2 high drivers either but who am i to question what she said

Nov 12, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #75 of 76
I think more sources would be needed to confirm such a discrepancy. Somebody came up with the specifications and drew the diagrams used on the website. I would think that person would be linked to engineering more directly than a customer service representative.

You could follow up with Tarah, point out the discrepancy between her information and the website's information, and see what she says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back