TF10 no basses? Lol
Nov 7, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #16 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Based on UE drawing, TF10 can still be a 2 units, 3 receivers, 3 ways IEM . The dual receivers in the low freq. unit can still be split into mid / low section, so TF10 is still a 3 ways design.

A unit can house more than one receiver, and it is the crossover with the number of receiver that determine how many ways the IEM is split, not the number of unit.

shure se530 is exactly the same 2 units 3 drivers, the bass drivers are one unit just like the triple fi, point is they have a 2 way crossover, thats where westone 3 is different. so yeh triple fi is 2 way, even tho ultimate ears would love to lead you to believe otherwise, and i suspect the average person may fall for it reading that

Nov 7, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #18 of 76
Don't damage your ears.

Nov 7, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #20 of 76
ya.. I set my ipod a volume control limit! It's helped save my ears a little bit over the past few weeks.

It's actually pretty handy, beforehand I would just have the volume at around 40% (without limit), and once it skipped up to full blast and I thought I died.

Nov 7, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #21 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by energie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh my God how detailed are the TF10 at high volume.

Like dreaming listening Radiohead Creep !

People only care about the quality at standard listening levels. Praising the quality above that is pointless IMHO.

Nov 7, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #22 of 76
yea i know but i rushed excited on bumping up the level
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #23 of 76
I don't know all the in and outs of bass. All I know is that with the music that I listen to...the shures never ever knocked my socks off in any depmnt. I used to truly wonder if I got a faulty pair cuz I never heard the incredible bass even when amped. The triple.fi on the other hand...the fed-ex guy handed them to me...I opened the box, put them on and my jaw hit the floor. The 1st thing I noticed was the bass, then switching to some classical, tears began to form in my eyes!! I could never give them up. I do wish they fit like the se530 though.

Nov 8, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #24 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
shure se530 is exactly the same 2 units 3 drivers, the bass drivers are one unit just like the triple fi, point is they have a 2 way crossover, thats where westone 3 is different. so yeh triple fi is 2 way, even tho ultimate ears would love to lead you to believe otherwise, and i suspect the average person may fall for it reading that

I don't know what gives you the idea that a single BA unit with dual receivers must be one-way, but it is not correct. Check out how they look:
DTEC.jpg

Notice there are two pair of soldering point on the back (one pair for each of the two receivers)? You can make them one-way by soldering them in parallel, or make them two-ways by a soldering them with crossover. Just because Shure has decided to used two receivers (of the same unit) in parallel doesn't not mean UE will do the same. As I said, "it is the crossover with the number of receiver that determine how many ways the IEM is split, not the number of unit."

Note: It is also possible to utilize a specially made one unit, dual receivers BA drive that has built in crossover to split the sound internally w/o help of any external crossover.

Nov 8, 2008 at 11:50 AM Post #25 of 76
Quote:

I don't know what gives you the idea that a single BA unit with dual receivers must be one-way, but it is not correct. Check out how they look:
DTEC.jpg

Notice there are two pair of soldering point on the back (one pair for each of the two receivers)? You can make them one-way by soldering them in parallel, or make them two-ways by a soldering them with crossover. Just because Shure has decided to used two receivers (of the same unit) in parallel doesn't not mean UE will do the same. As I said, "it is the crossover with the number of receiver that determine how many ways the IEM is split, not the number of unit."

Note: It is also possible to utilize a specially made one unit, dual receivers BA drive that has built in crossover to split the sound internally w/o help of any external crossover.

hang on, did i say that a single unit with 2 drivers must be one way?? what i said is the triple fi and shure se530 are 2 way, its as simple as that, its the crossover that is 2 way, you could have 6 drivers with a 2 way crossover, it would still be only a 2 way earphone.

why are you arguing the case that the triple fi is 3 way?? the westone 3 is the only true 3 way universal IEM not released yet.

what i was saying is the crossovers work in different ways, the shure crossover leads mids and highs to one driver and the bass to its own driver, making it 2 way, the triple fi however is 2 way also, but it leads the highs to one driver and bass and mids to another. do you get what im saying now?? the bass is not dedicated like the shures the bass drivers are also putting out the mids unlike the shure design. this explains why the shure is actually capable of more bass if you read carefully, because the shure bass driver dont have to put out the midrange like the triple fi design does

Nov 8, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #26 of 76
I cant believe that this argument ias even happening. It is well known and documanted that both the triple and SE530 are 2 WAY designs. the triple use 2 drivers for the upper mids and highs where the SE530 utilizes 2 drivers for bass/lower mids and one driver for the highs.. the crossover points are different. Neither of them are 3 way designs. when I had the triples I found that they actually went lower, but not with any quantity or texture, because the bass and lower mids were competing for the same space.

as has been said the westone 3 will be the only true 3 way (consisting of a LPF-Low pass filter for bass, HPF- high pass filter for highs, BPF-band pass filter mids) design because it will have 2 crossover points instead of the 1 found on both UE triples and SE530. AFAIK if they had 2 crossover points, then they would be 3 way designs but they dont its just that the UE crossover (1 LPF and 1 HPF; 1 crossover network) sends band information to 1 low and 2 high drivers and the shures has a crossover that sends bands to the bass and lower mids to 2 drivers (which respond to different frequencies) and the highs to one ; in speakers this would be acheived with capacitors but i'm not sure on the intricacies of armature drivers and whether they can do that in miniature . there are other methods of crossover design, involving active crossovers that will respond and change the crossover points depending on gain and power handling information. I'm no EE but thats the way I understand it. this is a 'simple' explanation and I likely missed some pertinent info, but hey; just trying to clear thing sup a bit.

this is why I have the SE530 because its able to reproduce a more textured and visceral bass while the triples are able to give more detailed highs; which I actually found to be harsh and fatiguing, like they were trying too hard. the shures actually are able to produce very good highs with the proper amplification and synergy. and the triples are uncomfortable, ugly and mine broke after a week of having them (shoddy workmanship) so that sealed the deal. I was offered a replacement but I said no thanks.

BTW comply for the SE530 is def the way to go to stop the distortion in the bass

Nov 8, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #27 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hang on, did i say that a single unit with 2 drivers must be one way?? what i said is the triple fi and shure se530 are 2 way, its as simple as that, its the crossover that is 2 way, you could have 6 drivers with a 2 way crossover, it would still be only a 2 way earphone...

'
First of, I think you are mistaken me for trying to defend whether TF10 must be 3-ways or not - read back my first comments, I am making a point that it is possible for TF10 to be 3-ways when the dual receivers in the low freq. unit is split into mid / low section. Also, I already said in my previous comment that a single unit, dual receivers BA drive can have internal crossover. Your argument of two-ways design insists that the external crossover is two-ways so the sound must be two-ways - I am merely pointing out the weakness of that argument. There are more ways to design a crossover than just relying on crossover circuit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cant believe that this argument ias even happening. It is well known and documanted that both the triple and SE530 are 2 WAY designs. the triple use 2 drivers for the upper mids and highs where the SE530 utilizes 2 drivers for bass/lower mids and one driver for the highs.. the crossover points are different. Neither of them are 3 way designs.

I will like to read about those documents, please send me the links. Thanks. Also, I don't think your description on the crossover is right.

Nov 8, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #28 of 76
Quote:

'
First of, I think you are mistaken me for trying to defend whether TF10 must be 3-ways or not - read back my first comments, I am making a point that it is possible for TF10 to be 3-ways when the dual receivers in the low freq. unit is split into mid / low section. Also, I already said in my previous comment that a single unit, dual receivers BA drive can have internal crossover. Your argument of two-ways design insists that the external crossover is two-ways so the sound must be two-ways - I am merely pointing out the weakness of that argument. There are more ways to design a crossover than just relying on crossover circuit.

I will like to read about those documents, please send me the links. Thanks. Also, I don't think your description on the crossover is right.

ohhhhhhh lol ok yeh your right ofcourse the triple fi could be 3 way, it is indeed possible,all 3 driver iem's could be 3 way, but triple fi isnt.

Nov 8, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #29 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cant believe that this argument ias even happening.

neither can i, but i cant let it rest when the guy seems to be convinced the triple fi is 3 way

Nov 8, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #30 of 76
i think too much respect is given to the high range on head fi, when the high frequencies are the most difficult for a human to disipher (spelling?).

everyone who comments on earphones tends to think that without sparkling high notes the clarity is not the same, when really it should be all about the midrange clarity as this is the most heard set of frequencies.

just out of interest what do you guys prefer the most quality in, lows mids or highs??. this isnt a shure vs triple fi vote by the way im just interested to see what people think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back