Tennmak
Dec 16, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #691 of 1,026
So finally when I read this posts I get the assumption, that the Dulcimer is warmer and have more bass than the Pro?
Did somebody test the new expensive ones:
Tennmak Cello?

I also have Rock Zircon, KZ ED9, KZ ATE and
Xiaomi Hybrid (which were at arrive the best ones but since I burned that in they are really bad, bass is really weak since them. Did I play them too loud?)

Also ordered the KZ ZS3 hope that they are basslouded and really clear. Read that ZS2 are like these, aren't they?

VG Marcel

Dec 16, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #692 of 1,026
  Has anyone here had a problem with the left channel having less volume and almost no sub-bass? I've already tried pulling and reconnecting the cable. Possible QC issue?

I have a similar issue. I don't know if my brain is making this up, but the (sub-)bass of my left speaker seems to be weak and singing voices are moved slightly to the right which really irritates me. 

Dec 16, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #693 of 1,026
That's why having Tennmak Piano (clarity, detail,good lows), I have no need to buy Pro :smiley: too much hype for Pro, not enuff love for Piano! :smiley:

I Love my Pianos however the wires disconnect way too easily..Anyone else have this issue and found a fix?..Sound quality is great otherwise..ps I also love the Pros, different sound sigs but excellent with right tips and bass port mod..IMO

Dec 17, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #694 of 1,026
  I have a similar issue. I don't know if my brain is making this up, but the (sub-)bass of my left speaker seems to be weak and singing voices are moved slightly to the right which really irritates me. 

(talking about the Pros btw)
Exactly! I wasn't sure at first, but I tried checking with balance setting on my player as well as flipping the earpieces. Very disappointing :/

Dec 17, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #695 of 1,026
The Tennmak Pro does improve on its performance through time.

I just realize how good the instrument separation on these. If you pay a little attention you can easily sort out the small detail on even busy and compact tracks.

The bass still remains a little bit too boomy and the vocalization is not bright enough for my taste.

I also realize how wrong I was when concluding these earphones' clarity is average, as I initially fed it will crappily recorded songs. It especially shines on orchestral pieces IMO, as the sound produced is very natural.

p/s: my ears' canals are too small for the default ear foam tips that comes with it. Are these any smaller size foam tips? I really want to try if the foam ear tips actually improve isolation and SQ.

Dec 18, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #696 of 1,026
I may have already asked this, but how do the Pro's sound compared to the ATR's? I'm not really a fan of the ATR's unless I imbibe in some devils lettuce. They sound dark and lack crisp clarity, but do sound excellent in some cases.

How about ZST vs Piano?

Dec 18, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #697 of 1,026
Can someone link me some info about that bass port mod for Pro's ? Thanks in advance

In my experience, the port mod made bass way out of control. You can always cover the port again if you don't like it. I prefer the port closed. I think it sounds much more balanced with the ports taped over. With bass tamed, treble doesn't sound as recessed.

I like the piano as well, though some tracks can get sibilant. Its sounds kind of V shaped and I end up missing the nice mids of the pro.

Dec 23, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #698 of 1,026
I got my Pro's. I've been listening for around 10 hours now.

They are very balanced, but just a little bit bass/mid bass heavy. They are clear and accurate. Highs are reserved but detailed. I'm having trouble finding a soundstage though. It's very small. Cable is really short and the stock tips are quite terrible. Pro's are not sibilant at all and have very controlled highs.

To me, the sound signature is better than both the KZ ATE & ATR, but the ATR's have a giant soundstage where the Tennmaks leave more to be desired.

Will edit this post as I listen more!

Edit: These are amazing with EDM. House with a lot of bass. Tech house. Techno. Melodic Dubstep. Wow! Mids are smooth and have texture. Mids come forward with the foam tips, and the soundstage expands. These could be a basshead's best friend for an all around sound.

Edit #2: Tennmak Pro > KZ ATE & KZ ATR. These have great noise isolation as well. See down a few posts for more thoughts from me.

Dec 24, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #700 of 1,026
  I got my Pro's. I've been listening for around 10 hours now.

They are very balanced, but just a little bit bass/mid bass heavy. They are clear and accurate. Highs are reserved but detailed. I'm having trouble finding a soundstage though. It's very small. Cable is really short and the stock tips are quite terrible. Pro's are not sibilant at all and have very controlled highs.

To me, the sound signature is better than both the KZ ATE & ATR, but the ATR's have a giant soundstage where the Tennmaks leave more to be desired.

Will edit this post as I listen more!

Edit: These are amazing with EDM. House with a lot of bass. Tech house. Techno. Melodic Dubstep. Wow! Mids are smooth and have texture. Mids come forward with the foam tips, and the soundstage expands. These could be a basshead's best friend for an all around sound.

please compare kz zst vs tennmak pro
and tennmak pro good for other genre like gothic metal or rock - new age
tnx

Dec 24, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #701 of 1,026

please compare kz zst vs tennmak pro
and tennmak pro good for other genre like gothic metal or rock - new age
tnx

The ZST has a completely different sound signature. They're two different beasts. However, I do feel that the ZST's are much more clear, and have an enormous soundstage. The ZST's are more high & bright focused where the Tennmak's are warm. The Tennmak's are definitely better than the ATR and ATE's. I've had no issues with rock or metal and they even made Incubus sound pretty good which is not typical since Incubus is mastered like hot garbage in my opinion. Vocals are crisp and forward in the Tennmaks.

I'll probably order the Piano's since I prefer a brighter sound, but the Tennmak's are definitely an awesome pair of IEM's for a great price.

Dec 24, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #703 of 1,026
The ZST has a completely different sound signature. They're two different beasts. However, I do feel that the ZST's are much more clear, and have an enormous soundstage. The ZST's are more high & bright focused where the Tennmak's are warm. The Tennmak's are definitely better than the ATR and ATE's. I've had no issues with rock or metal and they even made Incubus sound pretty good which is not typical since Incubus is mastered like hot garbage in my opinion. Vocals are crisp and forward in the Tennmaks.

I'll probably order the Piano's since I prefer a brighter sound, but the Tennmak's are definitely an awesome pair of IEM's for a great price.

Does it has sibilance? Are they are the same level ?

Dec 24, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #704 of 1,026
Does it has sibilance? Are they are the same level ?

No sibilance.

I find the KZ ZST slightly better, because I like a brighter sound. Tennmaks are a warmer more neutral sound but they have balanced reserved highs. I wish the tennmaks had a bigger & more obvious soundstage. If the Piano's are similar but have more of a mid range compared to the ZST's, they may kick my ZST's out of my #1 Chinese IEM spot.

I find what tips you use to be fairly dependent on the sound signature here. KZ Starlines are the most neutral to me so far. The included foam tips are very bassy & mid focused. KZ Starlines smooth out the mids and bring a high end out that fits well into a balanced sound.

Keep checking my post above for updates :)

Dec 25, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #705 of 1,026

are u have superlux 381f ? can compare it with zst or tennmak pro?
and atr sound like tennmak pro ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back