Tennmak
Dec 16, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #676 of 1,026
Just got my Tennmak Pro

I would have to say I'm disappointed

The cable is fantastic, looks and feel even better than in the pictures. The design are just great, they sit nicely even in my tiny ears.

But as for the sound, It just didn't live up to the hype. Tonally, it's a little bit too dark and heavy. Clarity is no noticeably better than my $8 Panasonic I bought on amazon. As for the supposedly impressive soundstage, I can't find it in those I've received. Is there something wrong with my ears? or these are defected? or they need more burn-in? or they just sucks....

oh, I can't stretch enough the horrible quality control of Tennmak as my left connector is extremely flimsy and wobbly, I'm under a constant fear of the signal being cut off, though it haven't happened yet. 

TL;DR: Everything beside the cable, box and housing is ranked from horrible to exceptionally average.

p/s: sorry this sounds hateful, I wish I didn't keep my hope so high for these.

Dec 16, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #677 of 1,026
Maybe they are not for you, but you're in the minority. They certainly open up with use and clarity is one of their strong points IMO. Maybe you are used to a different signature and your brain may need to adjust to theirs. I was used to a more v shaped sound before getting the pros, but not any more.

Give them some time and I'm sure you'll see what everybody loves about them.

Try tip rolling (i find foams the best)and the bass port mod.

Dec 16, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #678 of 1,026
Just got my Tennmak Pro

I would have to say I'm disappointed

The cable is fantastic, looks and feel even better than in the pictures. The design are just great, they sit nicely even in my tiny ears.

But as for the sound, It just didn't live up to the hype. Tonally, it's a little bit too dark and heavy. Clarity is no noticeably better than my $8 Panasonic I bought on amazon. As for the supposedly impressive soundstage, I can't find it in those I've received. Is there something wrong with my ears? or these are defected? or they need more burn-in? or they just sucks....

oh, I can't stretch enough the horrible quality control of Tennmak as my left connector is extremely flimsy and wobbly, I'm under a constant fear of the signal being cut off, though it haven't happened yet. 

TL;DR: Everything beside the cable, box and housing is ranked from horrible to exceptionally average.

p/s: sorry this sounds hateful, I wish I didn't keep my hope so high for these.

First off I'd like to state I have not heard the Tennmak Pro. Though much of the time new budget IEMs can come off slightly boring and different. This happens so much that I actually hold off from opinion till later. Don't know if it's mental burn in but I can't count the amount of times that my first impressions were off and my opinion suddenly turned around for the better. Much of the time it was learning to get a better fit, or switching tips.

Still much of this first sound idea really comes from being used to your last headphones. I have a bass heavy full size around ear headphone, and if I listen to them for days, they make everything else I own sound thin.

Dec 16, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #679 of 1,026
First off I'd like to state I have not heard the Tennmak Pro. Though much of the time new budget IEMs can come off slightly boring and different. This happens so much that I actually hold off from opinion till later. Don't know if it's mental burn in but I can't count the amount of times that my first impressions were off and my opinion suddenly turned around for the better. Much of the time it was learning to get a better fit, or switching tips.

Still much of this first sound idea really comes from being used to your last headphones. I have a bass heavy full size around ear headphone, and if I listen to them for days, they make everything else I own sound thin.

You're right, I give these some more time. It's highly possible that I've been deeply accustomed to my old set. I'll try to find a more fitting tip too.

Dec 16, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #680 of 1,026
Maybe they are not for you, but you're in the minority. They certainly open up with use and clarity is one of their strong points IMO. Maybe you are used to a different signature and your brain may need to adjust to theirs. I was used to a more v shaped sound before getting the pros, but not any more.

Give them some time and I'm sure you'll see what everybody loves about them.

Try tip rolling (i find foams the best)and the bass port mod.

To be honest I never was much of a fan of these even with the mod, I think the bass is a little flabby, a bit like me 
biggrin.gif

The sound is definitely darker than my preference.  

Dec 16, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #682 of 1,026
That's why having Tennmak Piano (clarity, detail,good lows), I have no need to buy Pro :smiley: too much hype for Pro, not enuff love for Piano! :smiley:

If I had to choose between them I'd pick the pro any day of the week!

I gave them both a listen the other day and the pro is a lot more suited to my preferences.

People need to give them time, they are one hundred percent growers.

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #683 of 1,026
That's why having Tennmak Piano (clarity, detail,good lows), I have no need to buy Pro :smiley: too much hype for Pro, not enuff love for Piano! 

I'll side with you for the Piano @To.M 
Pro gets better with the mod but is still very consumer oriented ie: boosted midbass, recessed treble

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #684 of 1,026
  I'll side with you for the Piano @To.M 
Pro gets better with the mod but is still very consumer oriented ie: boosted midbass, recessed treble

I would have thought the V shape of the Pianos was more consumer friendly. The Pros are very similar sounding to my modded  Sennheiser HD518s.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Pianos and as my first true venture into chifi after discovering this forum, will always be something I go back to occasionally. They're definitely more "fun" sounding and have better microdetails at the top end, but I just love the mids and the soundstage on the Pros.

Saying that the Cellos beat them both and are an amalgamation of the best parts of them both, although it sounds like the Senzer could be the same IEM at a much cheaper price (even though Tony assured me it wasn't).

Dec 16, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #685 of 1,026

I would have thought the V shape of the Pianos was more consumer friendly. The Pros are very similar sounding to my modded  Sennheiser HD518s.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Pianos and as my first true venture into chifi after discovering this forum, will always be something I go back to occasionally. They're definitely more "fun" sounding and have better microdetails at the top end, but I just love the mids and the soundstage on the Pros.

Saying that the Cellos beat them both and are an amalgamation of the best parts of them both, although it sounds like the Senzer could be the same IEM at a much cheaper price (even though Tony assured me it wasn't).

i'd give the slight edge to the piano, which have a little better midbass control, tho the dulcimer have better bass than either the piano or the pro.

Dec 16, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #689 of 1,026
  If you haven't tried the pros with foams, give it a try as it seems to sort out that mid bass bloat IMO and as a result makes them sound more open.

y'know, i did try foams with the pro, which seemed to flatten out the spectrum--for me they had more detail/airiness with medium size silicons--i also tried the needle mod, which may have have helped a small amount. of course, all this is very subjective and ear-dependent. i am eager to hear those could-be-cello-clone senzers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back