Tennmak
Jul 30, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #931 of 1,026
Anyone compared the Cello with the KZ ZS5? Still worth it as it is still double in price compared to the KZ ZS5?

I have both, and for me, there is no comparison. The Crazy Cello sounds small and compressed in comparison to the ZS5. Sort of homogenized sounding - pleasant, but no engaging like the ZS5 is. The ZS5 has a much better soundstage and balance. This is for large classical music. The Cellos do well with pop and more electronic stuff.

Jul 31, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #932 of 1,026
I have both, and for me, there is no comparison. The Crazy Cello sounds small and compressed in comparison to the ZS5. Sort of homogenized sounding - pleasant, but no engaging like the ZS5 is. The ZS5 has a much better soundstage and balance. This is for large classical music. The Cellos do well with pop and more electronic stuff.

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like the bar for budget Chi-fi IEMS was substantially raised with the ZS5. It will be interesting to see what Tennmak will develop in the near future as I have a soft spot for them since I enjoyed my Pro's so much.

Aug 30, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #933 of 1,026
Well it's not the crazy Piano or whatever it was but the TENMAK Trio, with detachable faceplates and filters: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...th-Microphone-Remote/1183804_32828860089.html

HTB1UjA8awoSMeJjSspaq6zMOFXaA.jpg

Sep 1, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #939 of 1,026
I am ordering these today and will post impressions upon delivery. I know Tony was very excited about these, so I feel like they will be money well spent. I actually hope they're similar to the sound of the pro's, but with the treble filter adjustments. That would be a perfect combination.

Sep 1, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #940 of 1,026
I am ordering these today and will post impressions upon delivery. I know Tony was very excited about these, so I feel like they will be money well spent. I actually hope they're similar to the sound of the pro's, but with the treble filter adjustments. That would be a perfect combination.

Why the treble though? That's one of the things I appreciate the most about the Pros.

Sep 1, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #941 of 1,026
Why the treble though? That's one of the things I appreciate the most about the Pros.
I believe the tuning changed from the 2016 to the 2017 versions, the same as what happened to the pianos. I have the 2016 version PRO and for me the treble is to laid back. I always wish the treble were just a little bit more prominent on them whenever I am listening to them. I have read that people who have the 2017 version say the treble quantity is more than on the older ones. For me, if the TRIO has adjustable treble filters and it's tuning is similar to the PRO'S, then it's signature would be perfect for my preferences.

Sep 1, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #942 of 1,026
I believe the tuning changed from the 2016 to the 2017 versions, the same as what happened to the pianos. I have the 2016 version PRO and for me the treble is to laid back. I always wish the treble were just a little bit more prominent on them whenever I am listening to them. I have read that people who have the 2017 version say the treble quantity is more than on the older ones. For me, if the TRIO has adjustable treble filters and it's tuning is similar to the PRO'S, then it's signature would be perfect for my preferences.

If you like a bit brighter treble wouldn't other brand options be better for you? TFZ, for example has the King which are very well regarded, KZ has the ZST and ZS5 which are fairly bright, with the ZST being the brightest/harshest.

For me the thing that makes the Pros so enjoyable is their laid back signature and excellent shell design which makes them enjoyable to listen to for hours on end without any discomfort. I wouldn't mind a Pro with a bit more subbass but the laid back treble, in my opinion, is one of the Pros strengths.

Sep 2, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #943 of 1,026
Great, please give us some impressions once you receive them!

Sep 2, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #944 of 1,026
If you like a bit brighter treble wouldn't other brand options be better for you? TFZ, for example has the King which are very well regarded, KZ has the ZST and ZS5 which are fairly bright, with the ZST being the brightest/harshest.

For me the thing that makes the Pros so enjoyable is their laid back signature and excellent shell design which makes them enjoyable to listen to for hours on end without any discomfort. I wouldn't mind a Pro with a bit more subbass but the laid back treble, in my opinion, is one of the Pros strengths.
I like the PRO's comfort as they're a perfect fit for the shape of my ears. I also enjoy their sound signature for the most part. I guess it's just wishful thinking that the TRIO might take the strengths of the PRO's and expound on them. That would be nearly my perfect earphone then. We'll see what they're all about soon! Thank you as well, for your recommendations. I have several that you mentioned and have been reading about the TFZ's lately and soon want to check them out and see what they're like.

Sep 2, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #945 of 1,026

An impression when they arrive would be very much appreciated. I still have a soft spot for Tennmak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back