Tennmak
May 3, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #905 of 1,026
What about the Crazy Cello?

May 7, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #906 of 1,026
How does the Pro compare to the Cello soundwise? What I love about the Pro is it's mellow warm sound. I'm expecting the Cello to be more analytical but I'd still love to maintain that Pro mellowness so I'm wondering if I should upgrade from Pro to Cello.

May 7, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #907 of 1,026
How does the Pro compare to the Cello soundwise? What I love about the Pro is it's mellow warm sound. I'm expecting the Cello to be more analytical but I'd still love to maintain that Pro mellowness so I'm wondering if I should upgrade from Pro to Cello.

It has a similar signature but just more refined IMO. It also has much better sub bass to my ears and less mid bass.

May 9, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #909 of 1,026
I wrote to Tony at the Tennmak store cause my Pianos connector were so loose...I could not even place them on my ears,the cable was not snapping inside the female.He sent me another pair of Pianos as a replacement.I can say for sure that the sound signature has changed.
Less energetic than before.Brighter than the Pros,with more sub bass and highs.Overall similar to the Pros but as i said brighter.The old Pianos were really strong for my ears sometimes,so for me is an improvement.
I asked about the Mad Piano model,but it's still in developing...cannot wait to try them.

May 9, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #910 of 1,026
I finally got my hands on the Pro. Just can't resist trying it out though I've own the Cello. In my opinion, sound quality wise, the Cello is better in range, clarity and sub bass. The Pro have better separation, soundstage and overall felt more balanced.

May 9, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #911 of 1,026
I finally got my hands on the Pro. Just can't resist trying it out though I've own the Cello. In my opinion, sound quality wise, the Cello is better in range, clarity and sub bass. The Pro have better separation, soundstage and overall felt more balanced.
If the Pro is considered balanced, I really don't want to know what a Crazy Cello sounds like.

May 10, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #912 of 1,026

I do not agree with you.The Cellos are completely different in signature.The Pros are not balanced.Not at all.They're V shaped,dark sounding and relaxing.Cellos are very wide range in frequencies,and for me more balanced.Just a little of sub bass tuned.The Pros do not stand a chance.

May 10, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #913 of 1,026
I do not agree with you.The Cellos are completely different in signature.The Pros are not balanced.Not at all.They're V shaped,dark sounding and relaxing.Cellos are very wide range in frequencies,and for me more balanced.Just a little of sub bass tuned.The Pros do not stand a chance.

Thanks for the comment. Now I'm thinking whether the units I have are problematic or my ears are still very bad at discerning sounds.

Either or, will spend more time listening to both and learn to hear the mentioned characteristics.

May 10, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #914 of 1,026

Pro's are definitely not v-shaped either......unless you call missing treble v-shaped.

You want to hear v-shaped, try a **** 4in1 OOTB. That is painfully v-shaped.

My description would be L-shaped ot Upside-down L-shaped. Bass strong, mid forward to netural, no treble.

Last edited:
May 10, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #915 of 1,026
I just had a conversation with Tony and he said the mad piano is still in the development stage, but that the Tennmak Solo will release a the end of this month. The only details he gave me were that they have detachable cable and removable ear caps and removable ear tubes. I'm trying to find out if he's referring to various filters. I'll update as soon as I find out more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back