Tennmak
Apr 12, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #886 of 1,026
I certainly will! Over and out.

The ones included are not great IMO.

On the other hand ones like these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JZW49U6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_sdM7ybPWHWGH0

Make a huge difference. You my need to butcher some unused tips cutting off the bit that attaches to the nozzle to add some width to the cellos nozzle so they stay on.

Apr 12, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #887 of 1,026
Thank you so much! and @Muflone73

I just went ahead and brought them so ill let you know how I get on...

So you think they might be a little baggy and I need to use sleeve off the other tips to add some girth for a snug fit?

Advance apologies if read with minds in the gutter.  

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #889 of 1,026
  Ahahahah you're right.Anyway our ear are different.Maybe you'll find some differences.If you try them,let me know how the sound changes.For me,no improvement.

I certainly will! Over and out.

Hi guys,
I'm still learning how to describe sound impression so do bear with me yah?

The Cello I purchased from Aliexpress came with the double flange tips. The normal tips have a tighter seal (if I'm doing sports, the normal tips will stay in my ears better but there's a likelihood the double flange will loosen, only when there's a lot of movement though).

To my ears, the double flange feels more comfortable (less stuffy), soundstage is better when compared to the normal tips and the bass feels lesser but tighter. I prefer the double flange tips because it sounds more balanced than when I have the normal tips where the bass is a bit overwhelming for me.

Hope that helps.

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #890 of 1,026

Hi guys,

The Cello I purchased from Aliexpress came with the double flange tips. The normal tips have a tighter seal (if I'm doing sports, the normal tips will stay in my ears better but there's a likelihood the double flange will loosen, only when there's a lot of movement though).

To my ears, the double flange feels more comfortable (less stuffy), soundstage is better when compared to the normal tips and the bass feels lesser but tighter. I prefer the double flange tips because it sounds more balanced than when I have the normal tips where the bass is a bit overwhelming for me.

Hope that helps.

A tighter seal will always result in more bass regardless of single/double flange.

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #891 of 1,026
Thank you so much! and @Muflone73

I just went ahead and brought them so ill let you know how I get on...

So you think they might be a little baggy and I need to use sleeve off the other tips to add some girth for a snug fit?

Advance apologies if read with minds in the gutter.  

Yes definitely. Unless you want to be fishing tips out of your ears with tweezers!

It's worth it though as they sound much better with the double flanges as it gets the sound closer to your ear drum with the tips being longer.

It really brings out the highs which is really noticeable if you insert them shallow at first and then push them in deeper.

I also wear them up with the cable over my ears as this allows deeper insertion again, and also eliminates any microphonics.

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #892 of 1,026
Hi guys,

Hope that helps.

The double flanged tips with the wider base and narrower top are way better than the ones tennmak include IMO.

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #893 of 1,026
I know I am a little late to the party on this one but just got my Dulcimer in after stalking for two years and sootb I am really impressed. The clarity and detail imo might be better than the pro and the piano. Very well balanced with a decently wide soundstage. Enough quality bass, with smooth mids and non rolled off highs no need to amp, plenty loud with no breakup at higher volumes glad I finally caved in on these. Can anyone compare these to Urbanfun? Maybe I won't need to get them......Maybe......

Apr 18, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #894 of 1,026
I know I am a little late to the party on this one but just got my Dulcimer in after stalking for two years and sootb I am really impressed. The clarity and detail imo might be better than the pro and the piano. Very well balanced with a decently wide soundstage. Enough quality bass, with smooth mids and non rolled off highs no need to amp, plenty loud with no breakup at higher volumes glad I finally caved in on these. Can anyone compare these to Urbanfun? Maybe I won't need to get them......Maybe......

I have my eyes set on the Urbanfuns this month, but I'm too easily swayed!!

Also, any update on these supposed 'Mad Piano's' yet? 

Apr 22, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #895 of 1,026
Sorry I haven't read through all 60 pages of this thread, and search isn't helping  but...I need bigger tips for the Tennmak Pro than the ones in the package. Tennmak is not listed on the Comply compatibility page. What's the correct size? Thanks.

Apr 22, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #896 of 1,026
  Sorry I haven't read through all 60 pages of this thread, and search isn't helping  but...I need bigger tips for the Tennmak Pro than the ones in the package. Tennmak is not listed on the Comply compatibility page. What's the correct size? Thanks.

I use the same tips on my Tennmak Pro as I do on my SoundMagic E10, can't remember what size that is but the E10 is listed.

Apr 27, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #898 of 1,026
Hey guys my tennnnak pro left earbud metal grill has fell off how can I fix it? I was planning to clean my earbud today and noticed the metal mesh has came out completely I have the mesh with me I haven't cleaned it before so no idea how it came off.. how can I fix it?

Apr 27, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #899 of 1,026
Hey guys my tennnnak pro left earbud metal grill has fell off how can I fix it? I was planning to clean my earbud today and noticed the metal mesh has came out completely I have the mesh with me I haven't cleaned it before so no idea how it came off.. how can I fix it?

The same happened to me with Tennmak Dulcimer. Unfortunatelly I lost the metal grill, so I could not fix that.

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #900 of 1,026

Someone else may correct me, but that happened to me with the MME Pinnacle 1s, and I was told then that it makes no difference to the sound in case you're worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back