TempoTec Owners Thread
Dec 29, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #106 of 173
You are probably fortunate not to brick the dongle to be honest you should only use the correct firmware for the dongle you have
Yeah, I agree. I tried again installing the correct firmware but it doesn't work, I had to go back to the BHD firmware to get sound out of it. It seems to be working just fine with the BHD firmware. I've had no issues with it and I'm just happy that the dongle is working. I tried contacting Tempotecs customer service but I haven't got any answer.

Dec 31, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #107 of 173
hey... watching reviews I see the people are so impressed with the V6 SQ... what the owners can tell here... still deciding between V6 and Fiio M11s...
don't like about tempotec DAP is the fact it runs Android 8.1 and the chipset it has... but on the other hands seems like it has a TOTL SQ... what are your thoughs??

Jan 15, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #110 of 173
Just Tempotec sonata hd III and having issues with it connecting to an android phone. It's working perfectly as a general audio out, but Hiby in USB exclusive mode won't play the music. Tidal just freezes as soon as I give the permission to capture the USB. Anyone experienced this issue and has any suggestions?
I have the tidal freezes issue, along as others freezing issues..

Feb 25, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #111 of 173
Hello to all.

Here is my humble opinion about the Tempotec Serenade X.
I hope you like it.

Best regards.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tempotec-serenade-x.26362/reviews#review-30267

Tempotec Serenade X 11_r.jpg

Feb 25, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #112 of 173
hey... watching reviews I see the people are so impressed with the V6 SQ... what the owners can tell here... still deciding between V6 and Fiio M11s...
don't like about tempotec DAP is the fact it runs Android 8.1 and the chipset it has... but on the other hands seems like it has a TOTL SQ... what are your thoughs??
It can get very slow as molasses specially with streaming services. Switching between MSEB presets can some times lag and takes a second or two to fully switch to your selected preset. It's saving grace from me is it's SQ and clean power on tap. So it's still a keeper just for that, for now.

Feb 25, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #113 of 173
The V6 is basically a Hiby in all but badge and as such you can root it you can debloat it if you do both then you will be much happier, debloating has less risk than rooting, google it and you will find instructions.

Mar 14, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #115 of 173
How does the Sonata Pro compare with the E44? I have been using Sonata Pro’s with my Fidelio X3’s and Etymotic ER3SE’s and I seriously love the tone, etc. - way more than all of the other (AK and ESS) DAC’s that I’ve tried. I’m thinking now about getting the E44’s, but not sure it’s worth spending another $100 (with balanced cables), given how much I like the Pro’s.

The E44 gets consistently high praise in the reviews, but I haven’t seen any clear and direct comparisons between it and the Sonata Pro. I’d love to have the E44’s if they are a genuine improvement over the Pro, but I’d rather not spend my time and money if they’re just a lateral move quality-wise,

Is the E44 just a more powerful version of the Pro made for higher impedance headphones? Does the E44 sound significantly better than the Pro? If so, how? If you have first-hand experience with both of these models, any input would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #116 of 173
How does the Sonata Pro compare with the E44? I have been using Sonata Pro’s with my Fidelio X3’s and Etymotic ER3SE’s and I seriously love the tone, etc. - way more than all of the other (AK and ESS) DAC’s that I’ve tried. I’m thinking now about getting the E44’s, but not sure it’s worth spending another $100 (with balanced cables), given how much I like the Pro’s.

The E44 gets consistently high praise in the reviews, but I haven’t seen any clear and direct comparisons between it and the Sonata Pro. I’d love to have the E44’s if they are a genuine improvement over the Pro, but I’d rather not spend my time and money if they’re just a lateral move quality-wise,

Is the E44 just a more powerful version of the Pro made for higher impedance headphones? Does the E44 sound significantly better than the Pro? If so, how?

Personally, I prefer the HD Pro as the E44 comes off a bit darker and doesn't give you much in gains to staging and other techs to my ears anyways. If you want a dual CS43131 DAC that provides some real noticeable improvement from the Pro I would go with the Moondrop Dawn. I have the 4.4mm bakanced version and it actually provides a significant boost to staging, layering, dynamics, and low level detail retrieval. The Dawn is the best dual CS43131 implementation out of the several, including the E44, that I have tried.

Mar 14, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #117 of 173
Personally, I prefer the HD Pro as the E44 comes off a bit darker and doesn't give you much in gains to staging and other techs to my ears anyways. If you want a dual CS43131 DAC that provides some real noticeable improvement from the Pro I would go with the Moondrop Dawn. I have the 4.4mm bakanced version and it actually provides a significant boost to staging, layering, dynamics, and low level detail retrieval. The Dawn is the best dual CS43131 implementation out of the several, including the E44, that I have tried.
Thank you so much for your perspective on the Sonata Pro and E44, and the suggestion for the Moondrop Dawn. I will look into that model right away. Yes, I love that CS43131 and have been wondering about the possibility of an even better implementation of that chip. Your suggestion is exactly what I’m looking for. I really appreciate it!

Mar 14, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #118 of 173
Can you recommend some balanced headphone cables to go with the Moondrop Dawn?

Mar 14, 2023 at 9:52 PM Post #119 of 173
Thank you so much for your perspective on the Sonata Pro and E44, and the suggestion for the Moondrop Dawn. I will look into that model right away. Yes, I love that CS43131 and have been wondering about the possibility of an even better implementation of that chip. Your suggestion is exactly what I’m looking for. I really appreciate it!

No problem. I'm glad I could help. BTW, Moondrop also makes a 3.5mm version of the Dawn that still uses the dual CS43131 configuration so if you don't want to convert all your cables over to 4.4mm balanced stuff that might be a good way to go. I'm not sure how its specs differ, if at all, from the 4.4mm as I haven't tried it, but people seem to think it sounds essentially identical from what I've read.

Mar 14, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #120 of 173
Can you recommend some balanced headphone cables to go with the Moondrop Dawn?

Honestly, I'm probably not the best person to ask about cable rec's because I have been making my own for the most part for the last two years or so so there are probably quite a few good cables I don't know anything about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back