TempoTec Owners Thread
Jul 11, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #166 of 173
Jul 16, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #167 of 173
Hey everyone! Just a quick question, did tempotec release any update/new iteration/new product with similar features to their Tempotec V1-digital (ie, No DAC, just a pure music transport device)?

I've been using/abusing mine daily since it got originally released (2019, i think). The battery life is noticeably shorter now. I wanted to buy a new one but it looks like they're not being sold anywhere. I was wondering if they made a successor device or something. I want a small pure transport device because a dac would be wasted on it for my personal use cases. I already own a lot of portable DACs that I enjoy. I also liked the fact that it had 2 sd card slots.

Jul 16, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #168 of 173
Hello to all.

This is my humble opinion on a remarkable device, with a great price/quality ratio.

Tempotec MARCH III

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tempotec-march-iii.26619/reviews#review-31263

Tempotec March III 08_r.jpg

Jul 21, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #169 of 173
Has anyone else tried the additional FW released on TempoTec site for the Sonata BHD Pro yet?

Oct 15, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #171 of 173
I think that my V6 has died.
I still get the blue led when I press the volume button and the red one when charging.
I've rebooted loads of times with the volume and bottom button.
It takes about a minute to start the reboot, the blue light flickers and the screen glows faintly a few times and nothing else.

I can still connect to my pc (ubuntu) and it sees the files.

I've tried with it charging and fully charged.
I'm now trying to run the battery down through patience and rebooting and see if that forces a restart when I plug it in to recharge.

I would welcome any suggestions because I use it a lot.

I've emailed Tempotec today and I'm waiting for a reply.
It's still under warranty for a few more weeks.
I really don't want to scrap it.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2023 at 5:55 AM Post #173 of 173
altharic
thanks for the advice.
I tried all combinations of button presses.
All that I could manage was to force a reboot to a blank screen.
I've posted it back to Tempotec.
They've got it now and have told me that they will fix it and send it back to me next week.
I'm glad that I acted promptly because the warranty was very close to expiry.

Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back