Teclast T51
Jun 5, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #333 of 1,468

Quote:
NOW I REALLY HOPE SOMEONE FROM TECLAST OR MP4NATION IS READING THINS!!!!!

And rockbox... please, pretty please.

Teclast or MP4nation has nothing to do with whether you get Rockbox or not on a T51.

Jun 5, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #334 of 1,468
I know... I meant I hope that MP4Nations or Teclast is reading what we want and give us a player with essentially similar hardware, no rockchip, no big screen, just focus on the SQ and LO.

As for rockbox, Well,.. even though it's a an opensource, NPO, but I am sure if Teclast commission them for it, they just might do it.

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #335 of 1,468
To add a few tactile buttons, and the firmware would go a LONG way in improving it's ...(insert word I can't think of meaning people buying it).
I can see Shinzano's (Spelt that wrong but such is life) point in wanting a better toutch screen/not one at all but I'd settle for a few tactile buttons.
Either that or just buy a J3. But then you loose the LO. It's tough.

Jun 7, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #336 of 1,468

Quote:
I know... I meant I hope that MP4Nations or Teclast is reading what we want and give us a player with essentially similar hardware, no rockchip, no big screen, just focus on the SQ and LO.

As for rockbox, Well,.. even though it's a an opensource, NPO, but I am sure if Teclast commission them for it, they just might do it.

Why do you want a smaller screen? Just for a longer battery life or...?

Jun 7, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #337 of 1,468
Bigger ain't always better. I think Teclast just built the machine as a tech comparison to the market. Had they instead built it with usable features rather than just upping the next guy, they'd have one of the most perfect DAP's out there. Small, usable screen, tactile nav buttons. Otherwise, I like the volume slider and the layout. Hold mght be nice too.

Jun 8, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #338 of 1,468
A little longer battery life, and honestly,.. the touch screen is not very reliable. Sometimes when the player lags, I will end up pushing a button too early on the previous screen, and end up going to the next option on the next screen.

Finally,.. if there is any ways of making the player a bit smaller it would be great!!!

Quote:
Why do you want a smaller screen? Just for a longer battery life or...?

Jun 17, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #340 of 1,468
oooo I see a lunar calender in that firmware (Chinese letters under the roman numerals)! That's gotta rock for checking feng shui  or lunar phases 
smile_phones.gif

Jun 17, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #341 of 1,468

Quote:
Ah alright; just wondering. And you should set the text scroll speed to 1 and it runs a lot smoother. This is what I do and what a lot of people post as well. 

Yes setting the scroll speed to 1 makes it smoother. That said it's still easy to find the thing registering multiple inputs if you're too casual with your fingers. I find the best thing is just to try and be definite with your inputs because it's much less forgiving than my iPhone, which always seems to do exactly what I tell it to!

Sep 27, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #342 of 1,468

The battery of my Teclast T51 got burned, i dont have any idea how can this happened, because i already use this player for a few months,
Today i cannot start-up the player and no response when connecting to computer or charging. Anyone know what is the cause? 

The battery of my Teclast T51 got burned, i dont have any idea how can this happened, because i already use this player for a few months,
Today i cannot start-up the player and no response when connecting to computer or charging. Anyone know what is the cause?

Sep 27, 2010 at 5:59 AM Post #343 of 1,468
It doesn't look like it is the battery, but something else on the PCB that left the mark.

Sep 27, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #344 of 1,468

Quote:
Yes setting the scroll speed to 1 makes it smoother. That said it's still easy to find the thing registering multiple inputs if you're too casual with your fingers. I find the best thing is just to try and be definite with your inputs because it's much less forgiving than my iPhone, which always seems to do exactly what I tell it to!

Yea using it as a desktop rig i didnt really have any problems concerning the UI or the interface. I think I might start using it again to see how it stacks up to the Captivate.
However i dont see that happening because Im getting addicted to wirelessly syncing my music. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back