TDK BA200 Thread
May 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #167 of 1,509
These are very nice i have found so far. The bass is amazing and the quantity is just right and the quality is well, awesome. I would say the bass quality wise is similar to the DBA-02s but there is a fair bit more bass quantity. Moving on too the mids i feel that they are nicely in line with the bass and are actually slightly more forward than the DBA mids. They are very smooth but do lack the details and transparency off the DBAs. That being said there is a whole layer of depth too the BA200s that the DBAs don't have leaving them feeling thin in comparison. The treble is again in line with the rest and sparkles at a moderate level with some good energy. That being said they are know where near that of the DBA which can be seen by some as fatiguing.  The details are there for sure but they are not as refined as the DBA-02s but by know means bad and still special even by BA regards. Soundstage is so far been awesome on these with better width and height to DBAs and far more depth but they do not quite have the airy separation of the DBAs.

Moving on too the rest the packaging was nice and you will see my not too good youtube unboxing posted on here shortly. I found a good fit and sound with small double flanges and have yet to try the complys. I do however think that it was weird not too get some single flanges but oh well. Rest of accessories were good and i guess you can say that you got enough.

Build does seem on the flimsy side with the flat cable and the weak strain reliefs. I feel unsure when taking them out of my ear and do not know where to hold them. Also inserting is not a smooth process and you have to really mess around too get a seal.

May 8, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #169 of 1,509
Quote:
Nice impressions Sonny, pretty much in-line with mine.
I feel that the insertion of these is pretty easy and I get great seal easily.
Try the Comply tips, they should be easier to insert than the dounle-flanged tips.

Really? What tips do you use then currently?
The seal has been a bit iffy with some pooping feelings etc. i have to really get it right and the sound is awesome. I am finding the tips uncomfortable like i did with etys HF5 and triple flanges but like they did, i guess that these will break in. Giving complies a quick go!

May 8, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #170 of 1,509
I'm using both the Bi-flanges and the Comply's (Mainly the TX-100s).
Both give me a great seal without any problems.

I too do not find the Bi-flanges comfortable, but they're not too bad either, and you get used to them after a while.

May 8, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #171 of 1,509
I just tried the ts-100s too a much warmer sound with slightly more recessed mids. Prefer sound with doubles i think. They are so comfy though! :O I am going to try with the TX-100s now then. What is your sound preference?

May 8, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #172 of 1,509
Quote:
I just tried the ts-100s too a much warmer sound with slightly more recessed mids. Prefer sound with doubles i think. They are so comfy though! :O I am going to try with the TX-100s now then. What is your sound preference?

The Bi-flanges do provide a better clarity and overall better sound, but I do like the warmness of the Complys, plus the better comfort.
Both have some cons and pros.
I can't decide which kind of tips I prefer, I like them both. :p 

May 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #173 of 1,509
My unboxing of the TDK BA200, its shows you what you will get and is also a way to put size into proportion!
 ​

May 8, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #174 of 1,509
Quote:
The Bi-flanges do provide a better clarity and overall better sound, but I do like the warmness of the Complys, plus the better comfort.
Both have some cons and pros.
I can't decide which kind of tips I prefer, I like them both. :p 

Clarity is an different league in my opinion and overall sound is just better. The warmness is nice but was not doing it for me. However that was with the TS tips and i will now try the TX tips, hopeful they sound better!

May 8, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #175 of 1,509
Quote:
Clarity is an different league in my opinion and overall sound is just better. The warmness is nice but was not doing it for me. However that was with the TS tips and i will now try the TX tips, hopeful they sound better!

First, thanks for the unboxing vid :)
Second, what's it like vs the asg-1 bass quantity and quality wise?

Also, you've probably already posted it, but which site did you get 'em from?

May 8, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #176 of 1,509
I have now found a good seal with bigger double flanges and was inserting them too deep and therefore lacking sub-bass.

Quote:
First, thanks for the unboxing vid :)
Second, what's it like vs the asg-1 bass quantity and quality wise?

Also, you've probably already posted it, but which site did you get 'em from?

Thats a pleasure and i am glad you enjoyed it. I am still a bit iffy at them but i am still new to doing them.
Okay, this is subject too change as i have only been, listening/comparing for about 4 hours now. This is my current opinion but i will form a new one over the coming weeks very likely. 

On my round up i gave the ASG-1

Sub-Bass: 6.5
Mid-Bass Quantity: 7
Mid-Bass Quality: 9

And at this moment in time i would give the BA200

Sub-Bass: I am not going to say yet as it is very dependable as too seal and tips and i have been in a territory of 3-6/10. With seal i have at the moment which is the best i have had with double flange and the sound is really great i would go with 6/10
Mid-Bass Quantity: 6.75
Mid-Bass Quality: 9.5

Check out this for more info:

My IEM Round-Up

I must also say that i understand that you did not like the ASG-1 and therefore the mids score of 10 i gave them will not apply for you and i will quite happily accept that being changed too 5 in your eyes as it is not normal. These are mor normal in that respect that most people will agree whereas with the ASG-1s they did not.

I can see why you did not like the ASG-1s and why others also do not. These however i think everyone can love.

May 8, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #177 of 1,509
Quote:

Thats a pleasure and i am glad you enjoyed it. I am still a bit iffy at them but i am still new to doing them.
Okay, this is subject too change as i have only been, listening/comparing for about 4 hours now. This is my current opinion but i will form a new one over the coming weeks very likely. 

On my round up i gave the ASG-1

Sub-Bass: 6.5
Mid-Bass Quantity: 7
Mid-Bass Quality: 9

And at this moment in time i would give the BA200

Sub-Bass: I am not going to say yet as it is very dependable as too seal and tips and i have been in a territory of 3-6/10. With seal i have at the moment which is the best i have had with double flange and the sound is really great i would go with 6/10
Mid-Bass Quantity: 6.75
Mid-Bass Quality: 9.5

Check out this for more info:

My IEM Round-Up

I must also say that i understand that you did not like the ASG-1 and therefore the mids score of 10 i gave them will not apply for you and i will quite happily accept that being changed too 5 in your eyes as it is not normal. These are mor normal in that respect that most people will agree whereas with the ASG-1s they did not.

I can see why you did not like the ASG-1s and why others also do not. These however i think everyone can love.

We all start somewhere, you'll be pro in no time, lol.

It's not a problem man, i was too harsh on them. Maybe just too much hype, i blame myself most for that any way. All that aside, i do respect your reviews and scoring on the chart, or i'd have not asked 
wink.gif

Well that's bloody interesting, didn't expect that, being a ba n'all. Thanks for the comparison!

May 9, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #178 of 1,509
Quote:
We all start somewhere, you'll be pro in no time, lol.

It's not a problem man, i was too harsh on them. Maybe just too much hype, i blame myself most for that any way. All that aside, i do respect your reviews and scoring on the chart, or i'd have not asked 
wink.gif

Well that's bloody interesting, didn't expect that, being a ba n'all. Thanks for the comparison!

Hopefully ahaah!

Yeh the hype was blown out of proportion way one the top mainly because no one was commenting on there faults. Thats good to hear and glad that is all appreciated.

As for the bass on the earphone scoring wise that is very likely to change but i can say they had the best quality bass as well as best quantity bass in my whole BA collection. However i have not heard any of the bassier earphones such as the TFTA, M5 and CKS77 and so my bass quantity high is probably no were near that of yours. 

Maybe tonight i will post a larger comparison off the BA200 and the ASG-1 and the BA200 and DBA-02 which  will not just be numbers but a larger piece of writing.

The seal also was really effecting the bass as at one stage i was tipping my head back and would really feel it but when sitting normally gone. In the end i found that by pulling it slightly out some how created the the seal and the bass was there. This little finding was unfortunately nearer the end of my listing last night.

May 11, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #179 of 1,509
Does anyone know where I can find extra double flange tips similar to the ones that come with the BA200? These provide the most detail along with tight punch for me, and I would like to use the same on my W4Rs also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back