Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
May 15, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #661 of 2,424
Oh I bet it will sound great. Would love to see the graph on this one though. It is interesting that they threw on the dynamic for the LAND and not the Spark. It does say it uses 4BAs for the bass which is a lot of BAs just for the lows. It should have some good bass for BAs. 2BAs for mids 1BA for treble and 4EST for upper treble.

Cant see how they can use 4BAs for bass to have it sounding weak if you know what I mean. Very curious about this one.

May 15, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #662 of 2,424
Oh I bet it will sound great. Would love to see the graph on this one though. It is interesting that they threw on the dynamic for the LAND and not the Spark. It does say it uses 4BAs for the bass which is a lot of BAs just for the lows. It should have some good bass for BAs. 2BAs for mids 1BA for treble and 4EST for upper treble.

Cant see how they can use 4BAs for bass to have it sounding weak if you know what I mean. Very curious about this one.
In multiple driver iems I seem to notice mids tend to get short changed, eg bass and treble seem to be 2:1, or more, in terms of quantity of drivers allocated compared to mids. Ideas as to why this may be the trend or habitual practice?

May 15, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #663 of 2,424
Well BAs are more suited for mids and treble hence the need for more BAs to fill out the little nuanced bass notes. This is the reason why when you see some bass BA drivers they are larger than your average BAs. Seems to need more space to move that bass impact to be more realistic. Dont know. Sonion uses a vented dual BA that I have seen used on Dunu SA6 and BGVP DM8 earphones with some great results. Tansio uses some nicely implemented Sonion BAs for bass as well.

I would assume having more bass drivers can make the low end be more realistic and complete and even though there are 4 physical BA drivers the space those will take up in a shell will probably be physically smaller than a 10 mm dynamic so maybe they did that due to adding 4ESTs on the opposite end. There is only so many drivers you can fit in an resin shell so I would imagine this is the best configuration they came up with and who knows with 4BAs on tap I hope the bass end is good to great on it.

May 16, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #664 of 2,424
Yeah, I was mostly joking, but it has all BA/EST drivers, like the Traillii, so one can hope.
Also like QDC V14 that has 10 BA+4EST and others…

May 16, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #665 of 2,424
Also like QDC V14 that has 10 BA+4EST and others…
Yeah, this graph looks quite amazing! Of course that‘s nothing compared to how it reportedly sounds.
96166BFE-AF0A-4803-B2ED-1D60E8FBE888.jpeg

Last edited:
May 16, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #666 of 2,424
Anyway, owing Land I bet Spark would be something special.
I really love Land with Hansound nyx +Totem pigtail + M8😍

May 16, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #667 of 2,424
I don't know if the sound will be at that level. These are going to be their new Flagship earphones so I bet they poured over this one. It is competing with the MEST and the Solaris and the like. I would assume it will be more on that level but who knows maybe these will be pushing sound to a higher degree. We wont know till folks start throwing their money at these.
A friend is waiting his Custom Spark and another one is waiting to pull the trigger🤭

May 17, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #669 of 2,424
Very good review, especially deserving of emphasis on proper cable pairings. My pac480 came today and it suits Land better than Volt stock, Eletech Fortitude and Penon OSG. Most importantly to me, saxophones and trumpets appear to have proper tone and timbre now, which I was struggling with. This is a vividly voiced iem, potent in all frequencies. Position 120 seems to suit me best. I better shut up before I get ahead of myself again....

May 18, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #670 of 2,424
My PAC480 is still on way, i'm curious to know if it pairs better than Hansound Nyx that i like very much!
Sometimes matching is more important than price :)

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #671 of 2,424
here is a graph that shows that having a lower resistance cable with the TSMR - 4 Pro does affect the FR.

TSMR - 4 Pro (low vs high cable resistance test).png

(purple = high resistance, red = low-resistance)

low-resistance cable = 0.15 ohms
high-resistance cable = 0.46 ohms

May 18, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #672 of 2,424
That would explain why the niceHCK Oalloy is known for full bass as it is a higher resistance cable which effectively brings down treble accentuating the bass. Might be a great match up with the Fiio FH5s. Lol.

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #673 of 2,424
May 19, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #675 of 2,424
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back