Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
May 20, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #2,416 of 2,432
Just pulled the trigger on a set of Sands from the TSMR site ( thank god for paypal monthly lol).

Ill give them a deep listen throughout my lossless library then compare them to the Hifimans. For a $350 dynamic driver the RE2000s (especially with spiral dots) have great levels of resolution despite though im sure the Sands will best them in that area.

Only time will tell!

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #2,417 of 2,432
Must admit i am not happy with the Tansio Mirai customer service AT ALL so far. The sands were ordered 5 days ago and i haven't received a tracking number. Asking customer service just leaves me unanswered for a couple day each time if I even get a response at all. (Yes im aware they are on the other side of the globe from me).

They said they could switch out the 3.5mm cable to the 4.4mm one though at this point it wouldn't surprise me if that doesn't work out either.

And I thought Hifiman customer service was bad! Lets hope i get some response back. :worried:

May 25, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #2,418 of 2,432
Just got the TSMR Feat and out of the box, nothing seems too great.
The bass seems a little bit dull, mids a little bit shouty and the overall sound a bit off.
Don't like the stock cable and the eartips.
Will try other cables.

Any recommendations for eartips which can improve the sound a bit?

May 25, 2024 at 5:33 PM Post #2,419 of 2,432
Just got the TSMR Feat and out of the box, nothing seems too great.
The bass seems a little bit dull, mids a little bit shouty and the overall sound a bit off.
Don't like the stock cable and the eartips.
Will try other cables.

Any recommendations for eartips which can improve the sound a bit?
The JVC Spiral Dot + helps bring out the clarity in warmer iems in my opinion. Not drastically of course.

Edit: It may be worth investing in some Spinfit W1s also. Only $8 here in U.S. I ordered some myself a few days ago.

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 5:47 AM Post #2,420 of 2,432
The JVC Spiral Dot + helps bring out the clarity in warmer iems in my opinion. Not drastically of course.

Edit: It may be worth investing in some Spinfit W1s also. Only $8 here in U.S. I ordered some myself a few days ago.
Thanks...Spiral is not working for me, just amplifies the shouty mids.
Didn't try any Spinfit though.

Jun 13, 2024 at 4:21 AM Post #2,421 of 2,432

Looking for a set of Bass Monsters under $500? I've just finished my review of the impressive TSMR Xs which I invite you to explore here. :smile:

Jun 15, 2024 at 11:50 PM Post #2,424 of 2,432

Looking for a set of Bass Monsters under $500? I've just finished my review of the impressive TSMR Xs which I invite you to explore here. :smile:
Great review of a great IEM. The X has everything I like in an IEM. If it were a tad smaller it would be perfect, but sound is perfect for sure.

Jun 16, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #2,425 of 2,432
I've been listening to the Tansio Mirai TSMR-X for about two months now. I bought them from Penon for $400 USD. I wanted to answer the question: what can IEMs offer in the same price-class as my much-loved Hifiman Ananda headphones. Spoiler: while I had just been mildly interested in IEMs before, I'm now convinced they can offer exceptional value-for-money in hifi and my savings for new headphones will eventually go towards upgrading to even better IEMs.

The TSMR-X have dual 8mm dynamic drivers (isobaric) for the low-end, four BAs for mids (Knowles) and highs (Sonion), and a tuned vent like 64audio's APEX modules. The vent contributes to the tuning and prevents pressure build-up in the ear canal. They're quite efficient at 103 dB/mW and 10 ohms. I found them easy to drive from most sources, though the bass really shines with a bit more power (Quedelix 5k is enough, iPod 5.5 gen leaves a bit to be desired; both Chord Mojo and VE RA2FE+Prime DAC sounded great). Three tuning switches allow meaningful adjustments of the bass shelf, to better suit different preferences or genres. I've landed on 011, which is between the "bass" 100 and "balanced" 010 setting, but I use 010 a fair bit also.

TSMR-X and translucent iPod 5.5 gen

The sound is V-shaped with impactful bass and great clarity in the highs. My only gripe with this tuning is that male vocals can sound a bit recessed. However it's a worthwhile tradeoff for a really satisfying bass reproduction and great detail/technicalities; it offers nice separation in space as well. The V-shaped sound signature also works great for lower-volume listening (most of my listening), maintaining that nice physicality in the bass. The tuning is well suited to pop music and instrumental works. Really though, I've been happy with it for my whole library across a wide variety of genres.

The build quality is solid, with translucent shells that look better in person than in the photos. The nozzles are slightly shorter and wider than my previous Letshuoer S12s, making tip selection a bit tricky. I found soft wide bored tips like Moondrop Springtips and TRI Clarion worked well. Once fitted, they're light and comfortable with a medium shell size.

TSMR X close up

Since getting them, my Hifiman Ananda headphones have gotten very little listening time. I find the TSMR-X match or exceed them in technicalities, while offering a much more satisfying bass experience that makes it hard to go back to the full sized planar headphones. Of course, full-sized open back headphones still have their advantages, but the convenience and sound quality of the TSMR-X has convinced me to dive into the IEM space for the foreseeable future.

Jun 16, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #2,426 of 2,432
I've been listening to the Tansio Mirai TSMR-X for about two months now. I bought them from Penon for $400 USD. I wanted to answer the question: what can IEMs offer in the same price-class as my much-loved Hifiman Ananda headphones. Spoiler: while I had just been mildly interested in IEMs before, I'm now convinced they can offer exceptional value-for-money in hifi and my savings for new headphones will eventually go towards upgrading to even better IEMs.

The TSMR-X have dual 8mm dynamic drivers (isobaric) for the low-end, four BAs for mids (Knowles) and highs (Sonion), and a tuned vent like 64audio's APEX modules. The vent contributes to the tuning and prevents pressure build-up in the ear canal. They're quite efficient at 103 dB/mW and 10 ohms. I found them easy to drive from most sources, though the bass really shines with a bit more power (Quedelix 5k is enough, iPod 5.5 gen leaves a bit to be desired; both Chord Mojo and VE RA2FE+Prime DAC sounded great). Three tuning switches allow meaningful adjustments of the bass shelf, to better suit different preferences or genres. I've landed on 011, which is between the "bass" 100 and "balanced" 010 setting, but I use 010 a fair bit also.

TSMR-X and translucent iPod 5.5 gen

The sound is V-shaped with impactful bass and great clarity in the highs. My only gripe with this tuning is that male vocals can sound a bit recessed. However it's a worthwhile tradeoff for a really satisfying bass reproduction and great detail/technicalities; it offers nice separation in space as well. The V-shaped sound signature also works great for lower-volume listening (most of my listening), maintaining that nice physicality in the bass. The tuning is well suited to pop music and instrumental works. Really though, I've been happy with it for my whole library across a wide variety of genres.

The build quality is solid, with translucent shells that look better in person than in the photos. The nozzles are slightly shorter and wider than my previous Letshuoer S12s, making tip selection a bit tricky. I found soft wide bored tips like Moondrop Springtips and TRI Clarion worked well. Once fitted, they're light and comfortable with a medium shell size.

TSMR X close up

Since getting them, my Hifiman Ananda headphones have gotten very little listening time. I find the TSMR-X match or exceed them in technicalities, while offering a much more satisfying bass experience that makes it hard to go back to the full sized planar headphones. Of course, full-sized open back headphones still have their advantages, but the convenience and sound quality of the TSMR-X has convinced me to dive into the IEM space for the foreseeable future.
IMHO This review is that good it should be in the review section.

Agree with most of it (but I do not have Ananda).

Jun 16, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #2,429 of 2,432
IMHO This review is that good it should be in the review section.

Agree with most of it (but I do not have Ananda).
Wow, thank you for the kind words! :pray:
I bought the Tansio Mirai Zodiac for $399 at Linsoul.
Damn, great deal. Look forward to hearing what you think of them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back