Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 25, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #1,832 of 4,538
Apr 25, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #1,833 of 4,538
I have the old version and I am satisfied with the bass on this but the treble can be too sharp for poorly mastered music making it fatiguing to listen to.

Strange, i havent experienced anything like that. To me treble is very smooth sounding.

Apr 25, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #1,834 of 4,538
Strange, i havent experienced anything like that. To me treble is very smooth sounding.
Maybe your ears are accustomed to sharp treble.

If I don't have the second batch Pro 82, my nephew's first batch would sound very pleasing since my ears were accustomed to HI 2050's sharp treble. But after some time with Pro 82, I felt HI 2050 is too sharp.

When my nephew listened to his Pro 82 for the first time he also felt the treble was very sharp since his ears were accustomed to Audio Technica TAD 300's mild treble.

Apr 25, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #1,835 of 4,538
You could check it that way. Or by checking their box color and/or cable length.

I summarized the info in this post (all credit goes to those other folks who realized about the differences):
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...scussion-thread.849965/page-119#post-14180897
Thanks! I have the new version. I got the black one. Are there any old version black units anyway? I don't have a box...of any kind. I did not want to pay for the fancy carry case but I assumed I would get atleast a plain cardboard box. Not that I need it. Just strange to get brand headphones in a bubblewrap :)

I just received pro82 today. I'll post impressions/review later. I hope I have the time to fix cable on my Pro80 so I can compare the two. My pet rabbit destroyed the cable. If I don't fix it i can loan my brothers hi2050. My hi2050 drivers are in my radio hearing protector earmuffs :)

Apr 25, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #1,836 of 4,538
If you've come to this thread... maybe you already know the answer? :wink:

Just a quick warning, regarding the B8: As far as I know, the BossHifi and Kinden versions are not the same, the sound signature is different (the latter being much bassier). This was at least comparing the chinese BossHifi B8 to the Kinden B8 that could be found on Amazon DE.

Just here because there was a comparison here, still don't know what to get, can't find much about the bosshifi, i wish they were on amazon, and what i hear about the takstar doesn't make me go for it that much, takstar is a U shape while the bosshifi seems to be a V shape, that's pretty much what i got for now.

Apr 25, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #1,837 of 4,538
Just here because there was a comparison here, still don't know what to get, can't find much about the bosshifi, i wish they were on amazon, and what i hear about the takstar doesn't make me go for it that much, takstar is a U shape while the bosshifi seems to be a V shape, that's pretty much what i got for now.
Pro 82 is U-shaped??? It's practically flat from 20Hz to 2.7kHz:
upload_2018-4-26_0-4-59.png

Apr 25, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #1,839 of 4,538
Idk, that's the idea that i got from what i've read, do you have one for the b8?
I do, but the way B8 is being described now in the "Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)", there may be different drivers inside now.
The old B8 has FR similar to the latest revision Pro 82, except less linear - gives up some sub-bass, and has more forward-sounding midrange as a result

Idk, that's the idea that i got from what i've read, do you have one for the b8?
Also, how do you guys get past customs?
Just ask the seller to mark low value on the package.

Apr 25, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #1,841 of 4,538
Is takstar audio store on aliexpress the official store? Also, is the input still 2.5mm?
Any Aliexpress seller will mark lower value when asked, but TaskstarAudio is the most reliable one (don't forget the Head-Fi discount in the first post).
Yes, the input is still 2.5mm

Apr 25, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #1,843 of 4,538
Listening 24/96 tracks on Pro 82 and Sabaj Da2 is such a pleasure. I just started my 24/96 collection since my Topping D2 doesn't support 24/96 over USB.
I'll skip DSD for now since the files are huge and my Internet is not very fast. Also playing DSD on Foobar with Sabaj Da2 is quite hit or miss, sometimes it works sometimes it just makes noise.

Any free+legal site suggestions where I can download 24/96 tracks?

Apr 26, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #1,845 of 4,538
Thanks! I have the new version. I got the black one. Are there any old version black units anyway? I don't have a box...of any kind. I did not want to pay for the fancy carry case but I assumed I would get atleast a plain cardboard box. Not that I need it. Just strange to get brand headphones in a bubblewrap :)

I just received pro82 today. I'll post impressions/review later. I hope I have the time to fix cable on my Pro80 so I can compare the two. My pet rabbit destroyed the cable. If I don't fix it i can loan my brothers hi2050. My hi2050 drivers are in my radio hearing protector earmuffs :)

I think you may be confused - there are black Pro 82s in both versions. The black OscarPaz was referring to is the color of the cardboard box - which you don't have.
What length is the cable? if it's 1.6m, then you have the new version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back