Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 9, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #4,066 of 4,538
These headphones are great, but this hobby sucks!
It consumes so much time and money. It would be cheaper to be a heroin addict...
Don't hold back like that you need to express how you really feel!:beyersmile:

Aug 14, 2021 at 1:41 AM Post #4,070 of 4,538
Did anyone get a V2 recently? I was reading reddit, and LifelongCaboose said they told him they don't make it anymore and there is only 1 version.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gaming_Hea...t_the_takstar_pro_82_and_got_the_old/gszjw83/
If you look through the thread, it seems only one vendor (TakstarAudio on AliE) sells this version consistently, and what Caboose has to say corresponds with my own efforts to discuss this with Takstar despite the fact that two versions clearly exist, not accounting for night/third shift makes of inferior quality.

If Takstar have started producing a genuine v1 again and you're not experiencing wild channel imbalance and the like, there are ways to better tune the v1 to tame the highs detailed in this thread. Check the first few posts to find some guides.

From what I can see on the TakstarAudio store on AliE, they still sell the same version as when I bought it two years ago.

Aug 14, 2021 at 2:08 AM Post #4,071 of 4,538
Ya, that's what I figured. Looks like that seller has $13 shipping to Canada + it's only standard shipping so it'd probably take 1-2 months. I was going to buy from "Takstar Audio Official" store on amazon, but I'd probably end up with v1. I guess I'll just go with the Cooler Master ones since they'll probably be comparable enough even if they're not as good. They will also have a warranty.

Aug 14, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #4,072 of 4,538
Ya, that's what I figured. Looks like that seller has $13 shipping to Canada + it's only standard shipping so it'd probably take 1-2 months. I was going to buy from "Takstar Audio Official" store on amazon, but I'd probably end up with v1. I guess I'll just go with the Cooler Master ones since they'll probably be comparable enough even if they're not as good. They will also have a warranty.
That was my instinct as well when the shop opened on Amazon marketplace, but apparently it hasn't panned out that way.

Maybe chat to the seller about shipping options, but you've got the option of tuning the v1, or at least waiting for 11.11 and Black Friday sales, where local cashback services and AliE codes should provide pretty sweet deals.

AliE cashbacks tend to be highly restrictive these days though, so check with your cashback providers which products are eligible (usually there's a page where you can check).

Aug 14, 2021 at 3:27 AM Post #4,073 of 4,538
That was my instinct as well when the shop opened on Amazon marketplace, but apparently it hasn't panned out that way.

Maybe chat to the seller about shipping options, but you've got the option of tuning the v1, or at least waiting for 11.11 and Black Friday sales, where local cashback services and AliE codes should provide pretty sweet deals.

AliE cashbacks tend to be highly restrictive these days though, so check with your cashback providers which products are eligible (usually there's a page where you can check).
Is that CM headset really that much worse that I'm better off getting from aliexpress with no warranty and rolling the dice?

Aug 14, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #4,074 of 4,538
It really has two versions.
(sorry, i'm not good at english)

Capture1.png
Capture.png

Aug 14, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #4,075 of 4,538
Is that CM headset really that much worse that I'm better off getting from aliexpress with no warranty and rolling the dice?
I think you might be at the point where you may just want to look into the AKG K361 and K371, which should be obtainable for $70-$80 and $90-$110 USD (pre-tax) respectively.

The K371 is arguably an upgrade overall, and you can still just tune the v1 if it's not showing signs of things like channel imbalance and the like.

Aug 14, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #4,077 of 4,538
I think you might be at the point where you may just want to look into the AKG K361 and K371, which should be obtainable for $70-$80 and $90-$110 USD (pre-tax) respectively.

The K371 is arguably an upgrade overall, and you can still just tune the v1 if it's not showing signs of things like channel imbalance and the like.
Those don't seem to be available anywhere (K371) and there is only like 1 sketch store that has it for $220. I'll look into it though. Thanks for the advice. I primarily want these for gaming. It's the imaging good on the akg?

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #4,079 of 4,538
Amazon went hard on sales with them last month, it's going to take a little while for them to re-stock. Can't speak to other dealers.

In CAD terms, you're probably looking at $150, I think?
Well I wanted it around mh751 amount which is $115 after taxes (pro 82 on Amazon is $105). If I spent more than that then it's basically getting to point where I might as well just spend a bit more and get pc38x on next sale, or 6xx. Although I really want to try closed back. There doesn't seem to be much options for good imaging closed back other than pro 82 or akg for closed back. I bought the 598cs couple years ago and absolutely hate the way the sound.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #4,080 of 4,538
Well I wanted it around mh751 amount which is $115 after taxes (pro 82 on Amazon is $105). If I spent more than that then it's basically getting to point where I might as well just spend a bit more and get pc38x on next sale, or 6xx. Although I really want to try closed back. There doesn't seem to be much options for good imaging closed back other than pro 82 or akg for closed back. I bought the 598cs couple years ago and absolutely hate the way the sound.
The K371 walks all over the PC38X, but I take your point about the 6XX.

For good imaging on a closed back design, your best bet might be a well-fitted IEM, but that tends to come with a narrow soundstage (not always, but you're looking at expensive and complex multi-driver setups to get around that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back