Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 13, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #3,798 of 4,538
I'm sure. Those are just ways it will creak when I'm not deliberately moving the headphone around.
If I use my hands to move them I can hear the same thing.
I had this issue when mine first came as well it slowley went away in the end the only thing that annoys me now is the crackling from the drivers due to hairs getting through. Idk why it happens but it's so frustrating sometimes, also I have got the btr3k and it sounds great and the sound seems so full and the bass is more present I really like it but I think I want something with a bit more power. Do you think this is the right choice? Thanks

Dec 13, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #3,799 of 4,538
I had this issue when mine first came as well it slowley went away in the end the only thing that annoys me now is the crackling from the drivers due to hairs getting through. Idk why it happens but it's so frustrating sometimes, also I have got the btr3k and it sounds great and the sound seems so full and the bass is more present I really like it but I think I want something with a bit more power. Do you think this is the right choice? Thanks
If you want more power with an even better bass - Little Bear P10 + ELE EL-D01
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...scussion-thread.849965/page-141#post-14373423

Dec 13, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #3,801 of 4,538
I'm the one who discovered and popularized Pro 82, I won't get off this hype train until I'll find something better.
Ever since I have unleashed the full potential of Pro 82 with the synergy combos, I've been trying to find that "something better" (regardless of price), but still couldn't.
I own 6 electrostatic headphones - 5 of them (including the $3800 Stax 009) I bought chasing that "something better":

I still reach for Pro 82 99% of time...
Fostex TH-900MK2 at $1700 also couldn't cut it - sits somewhere in storage.

My MH751 measures very similar to GM200:

But MH751 doesn't sound as good as GM200, maybe because it's missing the bass port:

What is your sound chain?

I meant no disrespect by the way in my post, i appreciate all the work you do with sharing charts and your information. Didnt mean to come off confrontational at all.

My sound chainfor the gm200/mh751 is pretty basic, I pretty much just use a Focusrite 2i2 with my source being Flac in Foobar2000. It runs on USB power only so I use it as my portable laptop setup.

ps: could you recommend a decent solid state amp thats is around 50usd? Been looking for something small to power cans that dont need too much power but more than a cell phone or laptop can deliver. I have a JDS atom already.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #3,803 of 4,538
I meant no disrespect by the way in my post, i appreciate all the work you do with sharing charts and your information. Didnt mean to come off confrontational at all.

My sound chainfor the gm200/mh751 is pretty basic, I pretty much just use a Focusrite 2i2 with my source being Flac in Foobar2000. It runs on USB power only so I use it as my portable laptop setup.

ps: could you recommend a decent solid state amp thats is around 50usd? Been looking for something small to power cans that dont need too much power but more than a cell phone or laptop can deliver. I have a JDS atom already.
There is no good SS amp around 50$, but you can get a synergy combo for around 75$ - Little Bear P10 + ELE EL-D01
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...scussion-thread.849965/page-141#post-14373423

Dec 13, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #3,804 of 4,538
Dec 14, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #3,806 of 4,538
I'll check it out, I assume it used a preamp tube. I used to have a vox hybrid guitar amp that used preamp 12ax7s and solid state post. Never understood the use but it sounded pretty good

Bend have you tried the blon bl30s by chance yet?
Have no interest in BL30 - I own Stax 009, so the "open headphone" category is settled for me.

Dec 15, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #3,808 of 4,538
Could be that the microphone is faulty, but just in case - did you try another headphone with a microphone on the same on-board audio?
Yes, I've tried a Logitech model and had no background noise.
I can make the noise less audible with noise suppression, but then it sounds like the cheapest mic ever.
They're charging 7U$ to send a new one, I had somewhat high hopes for the mic sound quality, but I don't know if it's worth it.
Which side of the cable do you need to pull out and plug back in? If it's the headphone end - this can happen when you don't plug it in all the way the first time, so the second channel doesn't make contact in the socket.
That was it, it simply wasn't plugged all the way, felt 9% goofy after "fixing" it.
The headphone seems to be perfect, I'm enjoying it, a bit darker than my previous one but I think I already got used to it.

Dec 18, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #3,810 of 4,538

Users who are viewing this thread

Back