Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 29, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #3,541 of 4,538
Something wired for Sennheiser's 2.5mm jack works well, like this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32843066350.html

I'm now a bit confused about this recommendation...

The seller states the following pinout in the cable to use with 2.5mm balanced players:
L+L-R+R- to TRRS.​
I assume that refers to the connector at the earcup, since for connecting to the device the standard balanced scheme is A&K pinout:
R-R+L+L- to TRRS.​

But... others in this thread found the pinout for the connector at the earcup of Pro 82 to be:
L+R+L-R- to TRRS.​
Refs:

Does this cable really works as it should be?, don't you get swapped L/R channels or out-of-phase sound?

Regards.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #3,542 of 4,538
I'm now a bit confused about this recommendation...

The seller states the following pinout in the cable to use with 2.5mm balanced players:
L+L-R+R- to TRRS.​
I assume that refers to the connector at the earcup, since for connecting to the device the standard balanced scheme is A&K pinout:
R-R+L+L- to TRRS.​

But... others in this thread found the pinout for the connector at the earcup of Pro 82 to be:
L+R+L-R- to TRRS.​
Refs:

Does this cable really works as it should be?, don't you get swapped L/R channels or out-of-phase sound?

Regards.

Sennheiser's 2.5mm cup wiring is L+R+L-R- (same as Pro 82) as outlined in this post:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sennheiser-hd598-recable-single-sided-balanced.719661/#post-10564819

I have the cable in question, it works as a balanced cable in Onkyo DP-S1 DAP, though I haven't specifically tested for whether left is left and right is right with any audio test files (offhand I can't remember my music sounding like left and right were reversed). I just moved and most of my stuff (including the Pro 82) is packed up right now, but I can do continuity tests and left right tests once I get things unpacked. Regarding phase, if both the left and right channels are phase flipped the only time that will matter is if you have live mic'd yourself and you are listening to your own voice monitored through your headphones. Inverted phase in the headphones will wave cancel your voice and affect how you hear yourself (or any other live mic'd sounds you're monitoring).

Sep 29, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #3,543 of 4,538
Just purchased a silver/copper hybrid braided 28 strand cable for my pro 82's.

Will post a review when it arrives.
Happy days.
:L3000:

Sep 30, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #3,544 of 4,538
Sennheiser's 2.5mm cup wiring is L+R+L-R- (same as Pro 82) as outlined in this post:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sennheiser-hd598-recable-single-sided-balanced.719661/#post-10564819

I have the cable in question, it works as a balanced cable in Onkyo DP-S1 DAP, though I haven't specifically tested for whether left is left and right is right with any audio test files (offhand I can't remember my music sounding like left and right were reversed). I just moved and most of my stuff (including the Pro 82) is packed up right now, but I can do continuity tests and left right tests once I get things unpacked. Regarding phase, if both the left and right channels are phase flipped the only time that will matter is if you have live mic'd yourself and you are listening to your own voice monitored through your headphones. Inverted phase in the headphones will wave cancel your voice and affect how you hear yourself (or any other live mic'd sounds you're monitoring).

Interesting, thanks for sharing that link.
Then... I don't quite understand the description of the wiring in that cable as stated by the seller. :thinking:

If you could test it for a correct L/R representation (no rush), it would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.

Oct 2, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #3,546 of 4,538
A cable I desire the most, is a short (30-40sm) cable for Pro 82, to be used with Bluetooth receivers.
I don't even care if it is balanced or unbalanced, just want a short one...
Just as an example of fastening. The holder was 3D printed, now this is not a big task.
Сable at this length is not a problem - it either works or it doesn't. Issue price - from $ 5 on ebay, in assortment :)

ba2c93a341.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #3,547 of 4,538
Just as an example of fastening. The holder was 3D printed, now this is not a big task.
Сable at this length is not a problem - it either works or it doesn't. Issue price - from $ 5 on ebay, in assortment :)

ba2c93a341.jpg
The cable in the picture is 3.5mm on both ends - there is no shortage of such short cables.
I can't find any short cables with the 2.5mm plug wired in a way that is compatible with Sennheiser HD598 / Takstar Pro 82.

Oct 2, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #3,548 of 4,538
The cable in the picture is 3.5mm on both ends - there is no shortage of such short cables.
I can't find any short cables with the 2.5mm plug wired in a way that is compatible with Sennheiser HD598 / Takstar Pro 82.
Why not buy 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter?

Oct 2, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #3,549 of 4,538
... if it is difficult to purchase a ready-made cable, it remains to make it yourself.
In this case, the length - you choose :)

Oct 3, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #3,552 of 4,538
Here is the best case for Pro 82 and GM200: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32786942952.html
1601743734251.png

Just look how much more compact it is compared to a standard case:
1601743944328.png

It saves a lot of space compared to the standard case - especially when you are traveling, and every square inch counts.
It fits both Pro 82 and GM200 perfectly, I have traveled around the globe several times with this case protecting my beloved Pro 82.

The listing has the correct dimensions (235x215x58mm, 9.3x8.5x2.3 inches), even though one of the pictures shows the wrong measurements:
1601744141156.png

Don't worry, this is the correct case for Pro 82/GM200

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #3,554 of 4,538
@BenF , hi.
Im having a bit of trouble with the the combo, did you adjust anything in the P10? Im hearing noise all the time. Dont know the correct word for the noise, but i think its static noise. Did you have any kind of issue?
No, my Little Bear P10 is working great out of the box (after warming it for a few minutes), producing much cleaner sound than Nobsound NS-02E or Little Dot MkIII.

There can be several reasons for the noise:
1) Maybe your DAC is producing noise at max (2Vrms) level? Did you try it with a different amp? Also worth trying lowering the volume in Windows.
2) The noise may be come from AC - the power adapter of P10 is very basic, can't filter out AC noise. Try using P10 with a clean power - e.g. UPS.
3) If it's neither of the above, your P10 is probably faulty, and you should replace it. It will suck sending P10 back to China, but trust me - the EL-D01 + P10 combo is worth the effort.

Oct 4, 2020 at 6:41 AM Post #3,555 of 4,538
No, my Little Bear P10 is working great out of the box (after warming it for a few minutes), producing much cleaner sound than Nobsound NS-02E or Little Dot MkIII.

There can be several reasons for the noise:
1) Maybe your DAC is producing noise at max (2Vrms) level? Did you try it with a different amp? Also worth trying lowering the volume in Windows.
2) The noise may be come from AC - the power adapter of P10 is very basic, can't filter out AC noise. Try using P10 with a clean power - e.g. UPS.
3) If it's neither of the above, your P10 is probably faulty, and you should replace it. It will suck sending P10 back to China, but trust me - the EL-D01 + P10 combo is worth the effort.

Thank you. I suspect that is the AC. Because the first few days i dont remenber having that sound, i changed my cumputers setups and i think i have too much stuff plugged in the same outlet. Can't test this right now. But gonna try this first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back