Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 2, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #3,124 of 4,535
came back to say that i am very satisfied with the gm200! it is absolutely fantastic, and super comfortable ! i can even sleep with it and completely forget i put it on. i ve suddenly started hearing details in tracks ive listened to a lot which went unnoticed before.superb! thanks!

Dec 3, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #3,125 of 4,535
Warning - potentially fake GM200 were spotted!

@Mr.Dake has informed me through a private message that he has purchased (from a store that isn't TakstarAudio) GM200, which doesn't have bass ports (just like MH751/2):

The bass ports should be there:

It came in a white box with a Takstar sticker, instead of a retail package:

I don't know yet the name of the store selling these (probably) fake GM200s, hopefully @Mr.Dake will share it with us soon.
TakstarAudio does keep selling the genuine version of GM200 - a colleague of mine has received his 11.11 order couple of days ago, with bass ports and in retail packaging.

So now we have other Aliexpress stores selling defective ("v0.9") Pro 82s, and fake GM200.
Don't be fooled by cheaper Pro82 and GM200 from other stores - so far only TakstarAudio kept selling genuine products that passed quality inspection over a long period of time.
Many other stores have been involved in fake-shipping, selling defective and/or fake products - that's why they can afford lower prices.

If these GM200s aren't fake, they are possible a pre-production version - yet sold as if they are the real deal with no warning.

If you want a genuine GM200, now is a perfect time - on Black Friday (till midnight on Monday) it's down to 59.5$ (in the app), and you can use the 5$ discount code from the review: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...scussion-thread.849965/page-197#post-15148815
That's just 54.5$ - a steal!
Hi, sry for not being replying for a few days - was a super busy.
These are links for item itself and the merchant:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33030824521.html?shortkey=FziQjMNr&addresstype=600
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/816277?spm=a2g0o.detail.100005.1.469475f3DIqTiS
And I emailed Takstar directly to clarify the situation of fake or prototype gm200-s, I'll post here if they reply me something helpful

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #3,126 of 4,535
Hi, sry for not being replying for a few days - was a super busy.
These are links for item itself and the merchant:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33030824521.html?shortkey=FziQjMNr&addresstype=600
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/816277?spm=a2g0o.detail.100005.1.469475f3DIqTiS
And I emailed Takstar directly to clarify the situation of fake or prototype gm200-s, I'll post here if they reply me something helpful
I was afraid it was them...
They have 9 orders - so there may be 8 more people with a fake GM200.

This store previously was involved in fake-shipping Pro 82s, so I'm not too surprised:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...iscussion-thread.849965/page-30#post-13871997

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #3,127 of 4,535
One of them is me, they shipped it yesterday. Shipping price was too much for me from the Takstar store so I bought from there. On the item description page they show the original packaging. If it doesn't arrive with it I can get a refund.

If it's not a fake but a prototype product and Takstar has sold them like that they are a crappy company to be honest.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #3,128 of 4,535
Hi all,

Thanks to this thread and BenF's review of the GM200, I am just a click away from ordering them off Aliexpress. There is just one thing holding me back and that is the build quality of these. The main reason I ask, is that I have done extensive research on the Takstar Pro 82s, and I was considering getting the MH751s, as I would primarily be using them for gaming, and in my country I can get them relatively cheap without waiting for shipping (~55USD).

But what has put me off the MH751s is that there are several counts on Amazon and other sites where users report the same build quality issue after a few months of use. It seems that there is a problem with the screw in the right cup, and after some time this seems to come loose and eventually renders the headphones unusable.

So I then stumbled upon this Takstar Pro 82 thread, and after thorough reading I think I have decided on the GM 200 as it seems like it will fit my needs (mainly FPS gaming).

For GM200 owners, just wondering on what is your opinion on the build quality, and whether you have encountered any issues similar to what I mentioned above regarding the MH751s? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks again to all the contributors in this thread as I've spent the last day reading a couple of years worth of posts, highly informative. Cheers

Brad

Dec 4, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #3,129 of 4,535
One of them is me, they shipped it yesterday. Shipping price was too much for me from the Takstar store so I bought from there. On the item description page they show the original packaging. If it doesn't arrive with it I can get a refund.

If it's not a fake but a prototype product and Takstar has sold them like that they are a crappy company to be honest.
Takstar would not let prototypes to be sold in retail. If they are prototypes, they probably were never meant to leave the factory.

Dec 4, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #3,130 of 4,535
Hi all,

Thanks to this thread and BenF's review of the GM200, I am just a click away from ordering them off Aliexpress. There is just one thing holding me back and that is the build quality of these. The main reason I ask, is that I have done extensive research on the Takstar Pro 82s, and I was considering getting the MH751s, as I would primarily be using them for gaming, and in my country I can get them relatively cheap without waiting for shipping (~55USD).

But what has put me off the MH751s is that there are several counts on Amazon and other sites where users report the same build quality issue after a few months of use. It seems that there is a problem with the screw in the right cup, and after some time this seems to come loose and eventually renders the headphones unusable.

So I then stumbled upon this Takstar Pro 82 thread, and after thorough reading I think I have decided on the GM 200 as it seems like it will fit my needs (mainly FPS gaming).

For GM200 owners, just wondering on what is your opinion on the build quality, and whether you have encountered any issues similar to what I mentioned above regarding the MH751s? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks again to all the contributors in this thread as I've spent the last day reading a couple of years worth of posts, highly informative. Cheers

Brad

The worst part of MH751 is the sound, not the build quality - it's just not on par with Pro 82/GM200.
This problem with the screw seems to be exclusive to MH751 - never heard of it with Takstar-branded ones.

As for the build quality of Pro 82/GM200 - none of my friends/colleagues who bought Pro 82 or GM200 from (of course!) TakstarAudio had any problems so far.
The only problematic ones I have are the two Pro 82s that I bought from another store - their sound quality was severely compromised.

Pro 82 can sometime develop a problem with the TRRS socket - you'll need to move the cable a bit to get proper sound. Easily fixed, and easily avoided - don't remove the cable from Pro 82 unless you really need to.
I have this with my very first v2 - doesn't bother me too much, but I may fix it one day anyway.

Dec 4, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #3,131 of 4,535
The worst part of MH751 is the sound, not the build quality - it's just not on par with Pro 82/GM200.
This problem with the screw seems to be exclusive to MH751 - never heard of it with Takstar-branded ones.

As for the build quality of Pro 82/GM200 - none of my friends/colleagues who bought Pro 82 or GM200 from (of course!) TakstarAudio had any problems so far.
The only problematic ones I have are the two Pro 82s that I bought from another store - their sound quality was severely compromised.

Pro 82 can sometime develop a problem with the TRRS socket - you'll need to move the cable a bit to get proper sound. Easily fixed, and easily avoided - don't remove the cable from Pro 82 unless you really need to.
I have this with my very first v2 - doesn't bother me too much, but I may fix it one day anyway.

Thanks Ben! Yes after reading this thread I also became aware of the sound comparison between the MH751s and Pro 82s. TBH as I am not a huge audiophile, I probably wouldn't have noticed that much, so the build quality was more of my concern, especially when there were multiple reports of the same issue.

Ok you have me sold on the GM200s, will order a pair now and fingers crossed they will arrive by the end of the year. Will be a nice Xmas prezzie to myself to pair my new gaming pc.

Dec 5, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #3,133 of 4,535
Not sure should I wait for the FLIT gaming headset or get the GM200 :frowning2: I'm new to audiophile headphones / headsets. Do I need a dac/amp combo with a mic input for either one of these headsets?
It remains to be seen how good FLIT will be (whenever it will be released), while GM200 is already available and sounds great - so go for it!
If you have separate 3.5mm sockets for headphone and microphone in your PC/laptop, you can use the split cable (included in GM200 package) for gaming.
You only need DAC/Amp for music, and most of them don't support microphones.

Dec 6, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #3,134 of 4,535
It remains to be seen how good FLIT will be (whenever it will be released), while GM200 is already available and sounds great - so go for it!
If you have separate 3.5mm sockets for headphone and microphone in your PC/laptop, you can use the split cable (included in GM200 package) for gaming.
You only need DAC/Amp for music, and most of them don't support microphones.

From your review , GM200 is pretty bassy (?) I heard some people getting headaches due to being really sensitive to bass. I'm afraid I might be one of them, would you reckon I go for it?

Dec 6, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #3,135 of 4,535
From your review , GM200 is pretty bassy (?) I heard some people getting headaches due to being really sensitive to bass. I'm afraid I might be one of them, would you reckon I go for it?
I don't think GM200 will cause a headache, its bass boost is quite tasteful, mostly affects lower bass - no mid-bass hump.
However, if you are still concerned, you can go with Pro 82 instead and use a USB microphone or a cable with a microphone: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32810246600.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back