Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 25, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #1,636 of 4,538
sorry if i idiot but wana to ask about this seller
Music HuHu Store
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TAK...1.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.263.lSwhYv

did he really have the stock? did he legit or a scammer?

he have a good feedback 84 5 star 3 4 star
I'm guessing you are asking because of this feedback in the Music Huhu Store:
upload_2018-3-25_15-17-47.png

I don't think they are intend to scam, but just like most Aliexpress shops (probably all except for Takstar Audio), they don't have the stock they claim to have, and try to source Pro 82 "on demand".
upload_2018-3-25_15-23-3.png

"832 pieces available" - yeah, right...

Since Pro 82's availability from the factory is not constant, sometimes stores like this end up fake-shipping Pro 82.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...iscussion-thread.849965/page-30#post-13871997
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...iscussion-thread.849965/page-62#post-13966787
ePacket is super reliable, in this case it's probably the store's wrongdoing.
Their feedback score is on the low end of acceptable (97.2%), and they don't have any silvers, even though TakstarAudio did receive their shipment of silvers weeks ago.
If you want to be 100% sure to receive Pro 82 (even silver ones), the only way to go is https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...g-K-song-game-stereo-headset/32808454492.html

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-25_15-17-31.png
    upload_2018-3-25_15-17-31.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 0
Mar 25, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #1,637 of 4,538
I'm guessing you are asking because of this feedback in the Music Huhu Store:

I don't think they are intend to scam, but just like most Aliexpress shops (probably all except for Takstar Audio), they don't have the stock they claim to have, and try to source Pro 82 "on demand".

"832 pieces available" - yeah, right...

Since Pro 82's availability from the factory is not constant, sometimes stores like this end up fake-shipping Pro 82.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...iscussion-thread.849965/page-30#post-13871997
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...iscussion-thread.849965/page-62#post-13966787
ePacket is super reliable, in this case it's probably the store's wrongdoing.
Their feedback score is on the low end of acceptable (97.2%), and they don't have any silvers, even though TakstarAudio did receive their shipment of silvers weeks ago.
If you want to be 100% sure to receive Pro 82 (even silver ones), the only way to go is https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...g-K-song-game-stereo-headset/32808454492.html

ahh okay2 thx dude.
but unfortunately seller that you recommended isn't send to Indonesia

Mar 25, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #1,639 of 4,538
I have 2 of each version, and the old one doesn't sound different to me, treble is pretty much the same.
"New" vs "Old" Pro 82 #1
"New" vs "Old" Pro 82 #2

Sounds like you may be in your "mid-forward" phase, if thick mids mean "presence" to you. If that's the case, your brain can't handle proper treble yet, it will take weeks/months until it will stop bothering you.
I've been through this myself 2.5 years ago, and I'm glad I made the effort.
Using tuning foams may ease the transition:
Tuning Pro 82 with easy mods
Also, try a better chain:
Comparison of DACs/Amps

I'd say you're right. Today's the 3rd day of using them and I no longer experience the piercing treble I had on the first day. Brain "burn-in" is legit.

Mar 25, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #1,641 of 4,538
I bought from Music Hu Hu Store shipped via ePacket and they came within the quote time with tracking.

I doubt they have that much 832 pieces but they at least have >10. You should not have any trouble buying from them.
The problem is, you never know what they have - it's simply too expensive to keep stock, most items on Aliexpress are not in stock in the store - they get them from manufacturer/re-seller on demand.
Works pretty good with most items, but because Pro 82's production is limited, so is availability.

I'd say you're right. Today's the 3rd day of using them and I no longer experience the piercing treble I had on the first day. Brain "burn-in" is legit.
You are lucky, I've spent 2-3 months going back-and-forth between mid-forward and neutral ("all-forward") headphones.

Once you'll get accustomed to Pro 82, please post detailed impressions.
Don't forget to mention brain burn-in - this will help newcomers.

Mar 26, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #1,646 of 4,538
Hello, I came up to this thread looking for "perfect yet cheap" headphones for my scenario: listening to music (pretty much everything from ambient to goregrind, just no jazz), for fun music production (midi hocus-pocus and "mixing" some rock-ish music) & ofc some gaming. I currently have somewhat neutral Philips SHP9500 and bass heavy Superlux HD681EVO, but I feel I could use a pair of closed back headphones as my listening & working conditions are sometimes far from best - lots of background noise. I do use Steinberg UR22mkII audio interface as my headphone amp and it works well with both my 32 Ohm cans.

I've read quite a lot here and at first I was looking at Takstar PRO80, then found out supposedly better iSK HP2011, then MDH9000. Even iSK HD9999 might be the thing, but those are at the very limit of my budget (and according to some sources those might be more suitable for producing rather than actual listening to music). I also found out about Basshifi B8, that just looks gorgeous. Then I came across these PRO82. And now I'm lost and don't know what to pick :-D

Mar 26, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #1,647 of 4,538
Hello, I came up to this thread looking for "perfect yet cheap" headphones for my scenario: listening to music (pretty much everything from ambient to goregrind, just no jazz), for fun music production (midi hocus-pocus and "mixing" some rock-ish music) & ofc some gaming. I currently have somewhat neutral Philips SHP9500 and bass heavy Superlux HD681EVO, but I feel I could use a pair of closed back headphones as my listening & working conditions are sometimes far from best - lots of background noise. I do use Steinberg UR22mkII audio interface as my headphone amp and it works well with both my 32 Ohm cans.

I've read quite a lot here and at first I was looking at Takstar PRO80, then found out supposedly better iSK HP2011, then MDH9000. Even iSK HD9999 might be the thing, but those are at the very limit of my budget (and according to some sources those might be more suitable for producing rather than actual listening to music). I also found out about Basshifi B8, that just looks gorgeous. Then I came across these PRO82. And now I'm lost and don't know what to pick :-D
Amongst the headphones you have mentioned, I currently own ISK HP2011, MDH 9000, Bosshifi B8 and Pro 82. In my opinion Takstar Pro 82 and Bosshifi B8 are a step above the other headphones you have mentioned. I enjoy both Bosshifi B8 and Pro 82 in terms of sound quality, but there is no comparison when it comes to comfort and Pro 82 are much superior in that regard.

Mar 26, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #1,648 of 4,538
nomad1: Thank you for the reply. I thought PRO82 and B8 would be probably the best of them as they also cost slightly more than the rest. How are the PRO82 better in comfort terms? Better ear pads? More room for ears or less clamping power? To be fair I might be quite immune to comfort issues as I'm mostly using 681EVO that are pure hell according to some. Its clamping force is too high and earpads are little too small... and yet I still use them :-D

Anyway I'll check eBay/Ali to see how exactly those two compare in terms of price. It's just... B8 definitely looks better (IMO).

Mar 26, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #1,650 of 4,538
nomad1: Thank you for the reply. I thought PRO82 and B8 would be probably the best of them as they also cost slightly more than the rest. How are the PRO82 better in comfort terms? Better ear pads? More room for ears or less clamping power? To be fair I might be quite immune to comfort issues as I'm mostly using 681EVO that are pure hell according to some. Its clamping force is too high and earpads are little too small... and yet I still use them :-D

Anyway I'll check eBay/Ali to see how exactly those two compare in terms of price. It's just... B8 definitely looks better (IMO).
Bosshifi B8 are not uncomfortable at all. It's just that Pro 82 is amongst the most comfortable headphones. Pro 82 is better in terms of everything you said, more room for ears, better pads and less clamping force. For my ears Bosshifi B8 are somewhat on ear as parts of pad rest on my ears while Pro 82 are fully over ear.

Bosshifi B8 surely look great. But one thing you should consider while buying is your head size. Bosshifi B8 headband is pretty large and isn't suitable for smaller heads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back