Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 18, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #1,021 of 4,537
For the record I've got a pretty large collection of headphones and IEM's in different prices range and usually appreciate most of them for one thing or another but the Pro82 just sound lifeless and dead to me.

I've also got a lot of pads so I'll try out a few tomorrow.

Jan 18, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #1,022 of 4,537
I had some time off today and listened to all my headphones with the same tracks.

I thought I might put the pro 82's away and go back to say the beyer t1 but no that is back in its box.

The bass is so analogue, see though / hear through the vocals are just right and the high shimmer but never sibilant.

All my other headphones sound harsh in the mid range next to these, it is a shame you do not hear what I am hearing.

I bought two, one having better deeper pads, they have more bass then the thinner pad pair.

Can you please post picture of both pads next to each other?
Also - when and where you bought each Pro 82, and which one has the deeper pads?

Jan 18, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #1,023 of 4,537
You're right though, the Pro82 is definitely not what I'm looking for and I'm honestly having a hard time understanding that anyone can appreciate this lack of dynamics that makes the sound really two dimensionional. I'd go as far as saying that these are the least dynamic headphones I've ever heard. Once again this is very different from your own and others earlier impressions which once again raise the question about a silent revision (especially as @Humblepie also notice the lack of bass with his new pair as well).

Something is definitely wrong here. Lack of dynamics is certainly NOT my experience. Did you get yours from Taskar Audio directly on AliExpress, or a different seller or source? Either you got a bum unit or I wonder if someone is doing knockoffs given the recent surge in popularity (knockoffs of Chinese merchandise, oh the irony).

These are definitely lively headphones, not flat or compressed.

Jan 18, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #1,024 of 4,537
Since FIIO E6 is very hard to find, I've been looking for another low-cost companion for EL-D01:

Just finished charging it, about to start evaluations...

I was lured by XU09's great feedback on Ali, describing a warm sound - sounded like a perfect mate for EL-D01.
Recently the item on Ali has changed its status to "Sorry, this item is no longer available!". Usually, when this happens, it means one of 2 things:
1) The seller has oversold the item, and I'm not going to get mine.
or
2) I'm gonna get a bad item

Since I did get the amp, I was afraid of the second possibility.
Boy, was I right... Worst amp i ever had, regardless of the DACs used.
No point comparing it with any other amp - it's horrendous, stay away!

No replacement for FIIO E6 yet...

Jan 18, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #1,025 of 4,537
Something is definitely wrong here. Lack of dynamics is certainly NOT my experience. Did you get yours from Taskar Audio directly on AliExpress, or a different seller or source? Either you got a bum unit or I wonder if someone is doing knockoffs given the recent surge in popularity (knockoffs of Chinese merchandise, oh the irony).

Do all 3 the ones you have right now look and sound the same?

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #1,026 of 4,537
Less dynamism is accordance with my experience of pro-82.
I could not increase the volume knob around the expected level due to that fact.
With big volume, there appears non - harmonious sound that hurts my ear.
It is very obvious with big band music.
The sound stage is smaller than any of my phones, and so are true with dynamic range, vocals and the tonal balance except the speed.
However, there are something in there including comfortableness and light weight, and other quality that seems to be aligned with those claims in this thread.
My 2nd one is coming soon, and I will give it a second chance to find out what are stored in there for me.

Jan 18, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #1,027 of 4,537
Do all 3 the ones you have right now look and sound the same?

I can't say. The one with the most burn-in and "head time" is at my office, but that one is the one that did NOT come from Takstar, rather shipped loose in a carton from another Aliexpress seller. That unit, however, has absolutely nothing wrong with it, and it is that unit that ultimately made me decide to purchase a "second wave" of Pro 82s.

Of the 2 other units here at home, both are from TakStar directly, and while I've given them brief listens to make sure they worked properly before confirming delivery, I've not listened to them extensively, and probably won't for some time. Based on brief listens and physical examination, nothing about either of those units leads me to believe that something might be amiss.

Headphone like/dislike, as well as characteristics, are a very subjective and personal thing, not to mention each person's aural sensitivity. What sounds like heaven to one person's ears, may sound like unmitigated crapola to someone else. For example, being over the age of 50, I know that there are treble frequencies I just can't hear, so I may not be as susceptiible to treble harshness in the uppermost frequencies (or able to glean nuance for that matter).

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #1,028 of 4,537
I can't say. The one with the most burn-in and "head time" is at my office, but that one is the one that did NOT come from Takstar, rather shipped loose in a carton from another Aliexpress seller. That unit, however, has absolutely nothing wrong with it, and it is that unit that ultimately made me decide to purchase a "second wave" of Pro 82s.

Of the 2 other units here at home, both are from TakStar directly, and while I've given them brief listens to make sure they worked properly before confirming delivery, I've not listened to them extensively, and probably won't for some time. Based on brief listens and physical examination, nothing about either of those units leads me to believe that something might be amiss.

Headphone like/dislike, as well as characteristics, are a very subjective and personal thing, not to mention each person's aural sensitivity. What sounds like heaven to one person's ears, may sound like unmitigated crapola to someone else. For example, being over the age of 50, I know that there are treble frequencies I just can't hear, so I may not be as susceptiible to treble harshness in the uppermost frequencies (or able to glean nuance for that matter).
Are all 3 with 1.6m cable?

Jan 18, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #1,029 of 4,537
Are all 3 with 1.6m cable?

Not a clue. Once my 4th unit arrives, I'll bring my office set home and compare and measure all side by side.

Jan 18, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #1,030 of 4,537
For the record I've got a pretty large collection of headphones and IEM's in different prices range and usually appreciate most of them for one thing or another but the Pro82 just sound lifeless and dead to me.

I've also got a lot of pads so I'll try out a few tomorrow.

Does your LG have an auto gain setting?

I was chatting with somebody on another site about the pro 82 and he found them "anaemic and thin" if he used low gain on his v20. Apparently they sounded much better if he "tricked" the v20 to use high gain

Jan 18, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #1,031 of 4,537
Does your LG have an auto gain setting?

I was chatting with somebody on another site about the pro 82 and he found them "anaemic and thin" if he used low gain on his v20. Apparently they sounded much better if he "tricked" the v20 to use high gain
I have the LG V20 and have read that all this talk about the "trick" for the V20 to run in high gain is a cheat as the headphones will sound the same with the V20 either in low or high gain.

Jan 19, 2018 at 1:52 AM Post #1,033 of 4,537

Yeah, I bought them from Takstar Audio on Aliexpress. That being said we're talking about Aliexpress here and the seller can name their store whatever they like so I don't think that this is a guarantee in any way (what I'm mentioning is that this seller is not necessarily a more related to Takstar than any other seller).

Jan 19, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #1,034 of 4,537
I have the LG V20 and have read that all this talk about the "trick" for the V20 to run in high gain is a cheat as the headphones will sound the same with the V20 either in low or high gain.

This is my impression with the G5 Hifi Plus module as well, a lot of people think higer volume is better sound.

I'll try some other sources today but the total lack of subbass is not a treat of the Hifi Plus module. The Pro80 are harder to drive and still has a good deal more subbass presence with the same source.

Jan 19, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #1,035 of 4,537
Less dynamism is accordance with my experience of pro-82.
I could not increase the volume knob around the expected level due to that fact.
With big volume, there appears non - harmonious sound that hurts my ear.
It is very obvious with big band music.
The sound stage is smaller than any of my phones, and so are true with dynamic range, vocals and the tonal balance except the speed.
However, there are something in there including comfortableness and light weight, and other quality that seems to be aligned with those claims in this thread.
My 2nd one is coming soon, and I will give it a second chance to find out what are stored in there for me.

This is exactly my impression as well (I'm now using the Opus #1 with the same result), with higher volume there's some dynamics but the sound doesn't hold together well and it's also louder than I'd like to listen. It's still a noticeable lack of subbass.

Yeah fit comfort and build quality seems good to me as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back