Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 27, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #691 of 4,538
I can listen to headphones that stray from my preferred signature, but not for too long - my brain keeps telling me - "Why are you doing this to yourself? You are missing so much!".

Question is - what do you prefer? If you prefer HD700 and ATH-AD900X over H6 and HD600, Pro 82 may be your new favorite headphone.
If you prefer H6 and HD600 over HD700 and ATH-AD900X, even if you end up liking Pro 82, they won't amaze you.

Tuning foams may help you adjust Pro 82 to your liking, I advise to purchase them immediately.

I think Pro 82 will sound great with LG V20, maybe with FIIO E6 as an amp.

The thing is, I don't really have a preferred sound signature, but rather I can enjoy different sound signatures.

I don't really prefer my AD900X over my HD600 or vice versa so much as I enjoy them both.

I suppose I should say I do prefer my HD 700 over my HD 600 and AD900X, not because I prefer one sound signature but because to my ears the HD 700 is superior technically to both. However, sometimes, when I want something warmer, it is true that I will pick up my HD 650 -- so in that instance, I would say I prefer the HD 650 to the HD 700 even though I find the HD 700 to be technically better.

I definitely prefer all of those over my H6 unless I need the isolation or portability of the H6, since my preference, sound wise, is always open over closed.

I find it really just depends on my mood and how my ears are feeling in that moment and the particular music I'm listening to.

Dec 27, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #692 of 4,538
But to get back on topic of the Takstar Pro 82, what I'm really looking forward to comparing the Pro 82 to is actually my Shure SRH940, which I love for its superb detail and clean, tight bass. Given that both are closed-back headphones and both are marketed as "professional" headphones, and even have a somewhat similar appearance (if I had bought the silver, at least, but I'm getting the black Pro 82), I think that comparison is more apt than the H6 or any open back headphones.

Dec 28, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #693 of 4,538
But to get back on topic of the Takstar Pro 82, what I'm really looking forward to comparing the Pro 82 to is actually my Shure SRH940, which I love for its superb detail and clean, tight bass. Given that both are closed-back headphones and both are marketed as "professional" headphones, and even have a somewhat similar appearance (if I had bought the silver, at least, but I'm getting the black Pro 82), I think that comparison is more apt than the H6 or any open back headphones.
I too like different sounding headphones from the bass heavy Denon D7000 to the high detail of the Beyer T1 and all in between.

I am loving the imaging on these it is a very clear and grain less image, they respond well to EQ in the sub region if you like a bit of slam.

They sound like expensive headphone's to me, shocked that a company can do this for this price, I will be waiting for their next headphone with bated breath that's for sure.

Dec 28, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #694 of 4,538
I bought the replacement cable from the link posted in the first post, thinking that 2.2m is too long. But then I got the 1.6m one and that's the perfect length for me.

Today the cable arrived and it turned out the 2.5mm jack can't be plugged correctly because the jack's body is too wide. I need to cut the tip of the body a bit to make the cable usable. The body is actually aluminum, not plastic.

23ll8xz.jpg

kdkeo5.jpg

As you can see even after being cut the jack's body is still touching the headphone's body

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #697 of 4,538
I bought the replacement cable from the link posted in the first post, thinking that 2.2m is too long. But then I got the 1.6m one and that's the perfect length for me.

Today the cable arrived and it turned out the 2.5mm jack can't be plugged correctly because the jack's body is too wide. I need to cut the tip of the body a bit to make the cable usable. The body is actually aluminum, not plastic.

23ll8xz.jpg

kdkeo5.jpg

As you can see even after being cut the jack's body is still touching the headphone's body
This cable doesn't look like the one at https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Upg...ack-Cable-Mic-For-Bose-Quiet/32810246600.html
Are you sure it was purchased there? Maybe you bought more than one (from different stores)?
The cable from this store worked for me and at least one more buyer:
upload_2017-12-28_14-59-48.png

Dec 28, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #698 of 4,538
Dec 28, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #700 of 4,538
Forgot it was there :jecklinsmile:
Removed both from the first page and the review.
Sorry about that!
Yea, we don't want others to buy cable that doesn't fit.

No problem bro. It has quite good quality and not expensive at all. I bought the 1m one. A bit too short for home use but perfect for office and for phone.

Dec 28, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #701 of 4,538
One thing for sure - you will prefer Pro 82's build quality over SRH940.
SRH940 has 25% 1-star reviews on Amazon, because it keeps breaking - sometimes in less than a month.
Here are titles of 10 latest reviews:
Crack on ring after only one month
Don't waste your money. Buy a set with a metal chassis.
A JUNK CONSTRUCK THAT SOUNDS GOOD!
Shure quality but not to my liking
feels great, but will break in short order under normal ...
They are just cheap poorly made garbage.
JUST SAY NO! They will break on you.
Way too fragile for professional use
especially bad ones, but these headphones have enraged me to ...
Design Flaw

People sure like cursing inside these reviews...
I don't understand how Shure could release a 250$ headphone with such shoddy build quality.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #702 of 4,538
One thing for sure - you will prefer Pro 82's build quality over SRH940.
SRH940 has 25% 1-star reviews on Amazon, because it keeps breaking - sometimes in less than a month.
Here are titles of 10 latest reviews:
Crack on ring after only one month
Don't waste your money. Buy a set with a metal chassis.
A JUNK CONSTRUCK THAT SOUNDS GOOD!
Shure quality but not to my liking
feels great, but will break in short order under normal ...
They are just cheap poorly made garbage.
JUST SAY NO! They will break on you.
Way too fragile for professional use
especially bad ones, but these headphones have enraged me to ...
Design Flaw

People sure like cursing inside these reviews...
I don't understand how Shure could release a 250$ headphone with such shoddy build quality.

Yeah, yeah, I am very much aware of those reviews -- because trust me, I read them all, but it's simply not my experience so far. :)

Dec 28, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #703 of 4,538
So my Takstar Pro 82s came in today and they sounded anaemic out of the box. So after I let them burn-in for about 12 hours, and unless I got a bad pair, the Pro 82s aren't that good: soundstage is small, the low end starts to roll off from just below the midrange, and the highs are grainy. I A/B tested against MDR-V6s and the Pro 82s were no match. ...I tried to A/B test against DT 770s but, when I put on the DT 770s after the Pro 82s, I didn't have the will to waste my time and just continued listening to the DT 770s LOL

IMO better options for the same price are the Sony MDR-V6 (if you like a flat sound signature) and the Focal Sprit One S (if you want something more lively - note they're uncomfortable if you don't have a small head).

EDIT: Problem fixed, apparently the 2.5 mm plug wasn't seated properly. Thank you for the troubleshooting suggestions everyone.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #704 of 4,538
So my Takstar Pro 82s came in today and they sounded anaemic out of the box. So after I let them burn-in for about 12 hours, and unless I got a bad pair, the Pro 82s aren't that good: soundstage is small, the low end starts to roll off from just below the midrange, and the highs are grainy. I A/B tested against MDR-V6s and the Pro 82s were no match. ...I tried to A/B test against DT 770s but, when I put on the DT 770s after the Pro 82s, I didn't have the will to waste my time and just continued listening to the DT 770s LOL

IMO better options for the same price are the Sony MDR-V6 (if you like a flat sound signature) and the Focal Sprit One S (if you want something more lively - note they're uncomfortable if you don't have a small head).

Hmmm, wow, that's surprising. I'm hoping yours were a lemon. I just got my replacement V6's today, speaking of that classic (it was my first good headphone years ago, long before I even acquired a headphone addiction), so I'll be interested to see if my Pro 82's (which I should receive in about a week) fare better than yours against the V6 and my Shure SRH940.

There've been a number of good reviews on it from users in this thread, and Zeos / Z-Reviews also gave them high marks, so either yours are bad or it's just a matter of a difference of preference, which is possible, too, of course.

Dec 28, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #705 of 4,538
Hmmm, wow, that's surprising. I'm hoping yours were a lemon. I just got my replacement V6's today, speaking of that classic (it was my first good headphone years ago, long before I even acquired a headphone addiction), so I'll be interested to see if my Pro 82's (which I should receive in about a week) fare better than yours against the V6 and my Shure SRH940.

There've been a number of good reviews on it from users in this thread, and Zeos / Z-Reviews also gave them high marks, so either yours are bad or it's just a matter of a difference of preference, which is possible, too, of course.

I bought The Pro 82s after watching Zeos' glowing review and reading the first few pages of this thread. ...Maybe my set were a lemon because I was very surprised when the V6s sounded [edit] significantly [/edit] better to me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back