Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 9, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #511 of 4,535
What's the bass impact/extension like with the Pro 82s vs the Pro 80s? I always seemed to prefer EQ boosting the lower end on my Pro 80s as I found that it didn't have the impact I wanted due to most of my music listening being EDM, however vocals are also important to me which I always liked on my Pro 80s and V-Moda M80s. Was tossing up between this ($115 AUD), the V-Moda M100 ($237 AUD) and the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 ($280 AUD).

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #512 of 4,535
No one should blindly follow ANYONE's recommendations, including reviews/commentary posted on this forum.

As polarizing as Zeos' reviews are, what they accomplish is to draw attention to certain pieces of equipment. Personally, I find his review presentation entertaining, and his sense of humor aligns with my own; they're fun to watch.

Case in point: these cans. They were not on my radar at all, as for the most part I've not actively been seeking new cans to play with other than the occasional deal that sparks my interest or trips my "OOH! HAWT DEAL" gene. Since I am subscribed to Zeos' videos, I got the notification that the revew for the Pro 82 was posted, watched and found that it hit enough sweet spots (comfort, sound signature, cost) to warrant doing more research. First place I started was this thread. Read through about 2/3 of the thread, saw enough consensus of opinion to warrant an impulse purchase, and leapt.

Now granted, had I bothered to read through the ENTIRE thread before purchasing, I would avoided a slight fustercluck, but it is what it is.

No, no one should ever take any SINGLE review as gospel, but rather form consensus across numerous resources and platforms. That said, his reviews are fun and they accomplish a great deal by nudging certain items more clearly into the spotlight of collective awareness.

I used to love Zeos' reviews, but he has really gone downhill. After watching his Pro 82 review, I ended up knowing less about them then before.
He kept saying that they sound great - but how exactly do they sound? How well do they isolate? How do they compare to Pro 80 (which he reviewed earlier)? What exactly is the impact the bass switch have? How do they respond to different DACs/Amps? Are they hard to drive?
He kept comparing them to modded M40x, but didn't mention any modding possibilities for Pro 82.
And the worst part - no Chewbacca. I would have forgiven everything for 30 seconds of Chewbacca.

Everything but his lolicon addiction. The picture of a loli eating a sausage in the Pro 82 review is a new low.
The way he flaunts his Lolita-themed erotica makes me think that his addiction is out of control. It's like he wants to be stopped, but no one is stepping in to help him.
Won't be surprised if he gets arrested one day, hope he gets it under control before it's too late.
More Chewbacca, less loli.
Get well soon, Zeos.

Dec 10, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #513 of 4,535
I used to love Zeos' reviews, but he has really gone downhill. After watching his Pro 82 review, I ended up knowing less about them then before.
He kept saying that they sound great - but how exactly do they sound? How well do they isolate? How do they compare to Pro 80 (which he reviewed earlier)? What exactly is the impact the bass switch have? How do they respond to different DACs/Amps? Are they hard to drive?
He kept comparing them to modded M40x, but didn't mention any modding possibilities for Pro 82.
You're right, this review was very positive for the Pro 82, but actually not mentioning too much about their technical capabilities other than their confort and imaging. And he thought he was the only one having this very headphone to analyze, so a more comprenhensive review would have been very valuable. But at least let's give him credit for posting what seems to be an honest, unbiased review, because clearly he doesn't read the Head-Fi forums (only Amazon reviews and there weren't any).

Dec 10, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #514 of 4,535
i would not blindly follow zeo's recommendations
I read this topic aswell before, but you are right. The problem comes when you dont have any option to try out headphones, the only thing you can do is read reviews and trust them. A lot of headphone is impossible to buy in eastern-europe, for example Philips shp9500 was 120$ here 2 years ago, but they are totally out of stock for years. Lot of other hyped headphone is impossible to buy either, so around 100$ budget the choices is over-priced well known brands, or asian brands like the Takstar or Superlux.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #515 of 4,535
What's the bass impact/extension like with the Pro 82s vs the Pro 80s? I always seemed to prefer EQ boosting the lower end on my Pro 80s as I found that it didn't have the impact I wanted due to most of my music listening being EDM, however vocals are also important to me which I always liked on my Pro 80s and V-Moda M80s. Was tossing up between this ($115 AUD), the V-Moda M100 ($237 AUD) and the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 ($280 AUD).
Pro 82 is perfect for EDM (especially with a hardware bass boost) and vocals (especially with the tuning foam disks).
Momentum 2.0 are good for vocals, but not EDM.
Haven't heard M100.
Considering the price difference, Pro 82 seems like a safe choice.
In fact, for the price of the cheapest alternative you can buy two Pro 82s and tune one of them for vocals :jecklinsmile:

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #516 of 4,535
Pro 82 is perfect for EDM (especially with a hardware bass boost) and vocals (especially with the tuning foam disks).
Momentum 2.0 are good for vocals, but not EDM.
Haven't heard M100.
Considering the price difference, Pro 82 seems like a safe choice.
In fact, for the price of the cheapest alternative you can buy two Pro 82s and tune one of them for vocals :jecklinsmile:

Cheers for the help mate. Would you still recommend the Pro 82 if you're mainly listening through a PC with the Xonar DGX sound card (don't have a DAC/AMP yet) and my phone? I guess that's my biggest concern as the combined price of a decent DAC/AMP + the headphones will probably end up making it cost more than something like the M100.

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #517 of 4,535
My Pro 82 arrived today. I ordered without the suitcase. It comes with a cloth bag, 1.6m instead of 2.2m cable, and no 3.5mm to 6.5mm jack converter.

First impression: pretty much what has been described here. Sounds very good indeed.

The treble clearness is similar to my LeEco CDLA earphones, but without the apparent sibilance of the earphones. For a $15 buds, the LeEco CDLA sounds quite good.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #518 of 4,535
Cheers for the help mate. Would you still recommend the Pro 82 if you're mainly listening through a PC with the Xonar DGX sound card (don't have a DAC/AMP yet) and my phone? I guess that's my biggest concern as the combined price of a decent DAC/AMP + the headphones will probably end up making it cost more than something like the M100.
For the price of M 2.0 you can buy Pro 82, SMSL Idea, and be only 30$ short of a b-stock O2.
No need to slam it with the sound cards.

Dec 11, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #519 of 4,535
For the price of M 2.0 you can buy Pro 82, SMSL Idea, and be only 30$ short of a b-stock O2.
No need to slam it with the sound cards.

Alright. Cheers mate! Will probably grab the Pro 82s in the morning then. Just 2 more questions so I don't clog up this thread with my stuff haha.

1. I own a pair of Logitech UE6000s which seem to have a pretty similar sound signature to this, so would I maybe be better off getting the Bosshifi B8s for something completely different or this has enough differences to make it an upgrade?

2. Is the SMSL Idea an ideal dac/amp for sub 100 and is there a better alternative if I don't mind it not being portable or maybe I only need a cheap DAC as I already have a FIIO E06.

Thanks very much for all your help BenF. Appreciate it!

Dec 11, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #520 of 4,535
My Pro 82 arrived today. I ordered without the suitcase. It comes with a cloth bag, 1.6m instead of 2.2m cable, and no 3.5mm to 6.5mm jack converter.

First impression: pretty much what has been described here. Sounds very good indeed.

The treble clearness is similar to my LeEco CDLA earphones, but without the apparent sibilance of the earphones. For a $15 buds, the LeEco CDLA sounds quite good.

New version - nice!
Now it's time to improve the rest of your chain :jecklinsmile:

Volemer store is playing a dangerous game by not listing their actual stock.
They accept orders hoping to be able to fill them, but historically this doesn't always happen:

upload_2017-12-11_18-43-51.png

upload_2017-12-11_18-46-50.png

upload_2017-12-11_18-45-31.png

Dec 11, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #521 of 4,535
New version - nice!
Now it's time to improve the rest of your chain :jecklinsmile:

Volemer store is playing a dangerous game by not listing their actual stock.
They accept orders hoping to be able to fill them, but historically this doesn't always happen:
Maybe I got lucky they have stock when I ordered :darthsmile::darthsmile:

For audio source I use Topping D2 DAC connected to my laptop. I also have ordered replament cable from your link in first post.
td2.jpg

Dec 11, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #522 of 4,535
Alright. Cheers mate! Will probably grab the Pro 82s in the morning then. Just 2 more questions so I don't clog up this thread with my stuff haha.

1. I own a pair of Logitech UE6000s which seem to have a pretty similar sound signature to this, so would I maybe be better off getting the Bosshifi B8s for something completely different or this has enough differences to make it an upgrade?

You can tune Pro 82 to sound more like B8, but not vice-versa, B8 is warm enough as it is:
Tuning Pro 82 with easy mods

2. Is the SMSL Idea an ideal dac/amp for sub 100 and is there a better alternative if I don't mind it not being portable or maybe I only need a cheap DAC as I already have a FIIO E06.

Under 100$ it's extremely hard to beat it.
Maybe Sabaj DA3 can do it, I should get it next week.

I like FIIO E06 - it's warm, but not veiled. It's nowhere as good as O2 (especially soundstage-wise) though.
It may be too warm for double-amping from SMSL Idea
If I can find mine, I'll test it with Pro 82.

Thanks very much for all your help BenF. Appreciate it!
You are welcome!

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #525 of 4,535
My wivey will kill me if I own more than 5 cans at a time

After some listening and comparing the Pro 82 with pro 80 and hi 2050, I found that opening the bass port one notch gives the best sound for me. With the port fully closed I feel that the vocals miss some lower end frequency

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back