Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 5, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #481 of 4,538
Where is everyone getting 9$ in coupons? I can barely do 2.5€ off.
6$ in "select" coupons and 3$ in seller's coupons:
upload_2017-12-5_14-11-19.png

Dec 5, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #483 of 4,538
Wait, select coupons require coins, you've been "playing" the app regularly? I don't, maybe I should start doing that.
You can get up to 16 coins every day just by clicking a button in the app - I have almost 5000 coins now, mostly for doing that.
Don't play "Lucky Forest", it's a waste of time.
"Flip 'n' Win" usually provides good results.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #484 of 4,538
...The day that Aliexpress delivers _now_ (or earlier than 5 weeks) still has to come for me :-D. They also offer it in red.
Massdrop will still take 1-2 weeks to deliver to you, and delays in shipping dates aren't uncommon.
On Ali, the free "China Post" shipping should take 3-4 weeks to Europe, if you'll pay a little extra for e-Packet - 2-3 weeks usually.
So buying on Aliexpress will definitely get you your Idea much faster.

Dec 6, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #485 of 4,538
Any idea how these compare sound wise to the Hifiman He4xx which are available on massdrop. I read that the 4xx is similar to 400i. I was looking at either the Pro 82, 4xx or the Bosshifi B8.
The music i mostly listen to is classic rock. Bands like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple so i like the lead guitar on any song to shine through my headphones. I also listen to a lot of Hans Zimmer. So i really like a large souundstage but with the mids not being too recessed. My listening source is straight out of the phone via youtube or other streamig apps. I am not a basshead but i like my bass to be there.
Which would be the best buy for me?

Dec 6, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #486 of 4,538
Any idea how these compare sound wise to the Hifiman He4xx which are available on massdrop. I read that the 4xx is similar to 400i. I was looking at either the Pro 82, 4xx or the Bosshifi B8.
The music i mostly listen to is classic rock. Bands like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple so i like the lead guitar on any song to shine through my headphones. I also listen to a lot of Hans Zimmer. So i really like a large souundstage but with the mids not being too recessed. My listening source is straight out of the phone via youtube or other streamig apps. I am not a basshead but i like my bass to be there.
Which would be the best buy for me?
If you insist on listening straight from the phone, forget about 4xx - 93dB is not enough.
Bosshifi B8 or Philips SHP9500 are what you need.

Dec 6, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #487 of 4,538
If you insist on listening straight from the phone, forget about 4xx - 93dB is not enough.
Bosshifi B8 or Philips SHP9500 are what you need.
I've owned the takstar hi 2050 earlier and i thought they were quite good. The bass could be a little tighter and the mids a bit forward. But i loved the airiness and clarity in them. How do the pro 82 and boss b8 sound compared to that.

Dec 7, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #489 of 4,538
Finally, here is @ZeosPantera's review on the Takstar Pro 82:

I was afraid he would review them as he promised months ago...
Now in the last 3 hours 9 more people have bought the 63$ ones, obviously they don't read this thread....
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tak...iscussion-thread.849965/page-31#post-13876256
On the plus side, we won't need to hear their complaints when/if the headphones don't show up.

It's funny how he says that nobody reviewed these yet :jecklinsmile:
And he thinks he is "the only one who was able to get them".

Finished watching his review - no Chewbacca.... I want my 19:55 back.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #490 of 4,538
Finally, here is @ZeosPantera's review on the Takstar Pro 82:

I love the rage he has with "These are the most comfortable headphones I ever wore, BUT YOU CAN'T BUY THEM ANYWHERE". Should I link him here, so can actually see that there are reviews, discussion, etc.?

After all this time, I'm completely in love with them. I love them so much, that I'm considering to buy a second pair to have on the go, for my job, and all that.

Dec 8, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #491 of 4,538
I love the rage he has with "These are the most comfortable headphones I ever wore, BUT YOU CAN'T BUY THEM ANYWHERE". Should I link him here, so can actually see that there are reviews, discussion, etc.?

I think he mentioned that it's October - so they weren't available yet on Aliexpress.
You can try pointing him here, but unless he is going to redo the review properly, it's not going to make much difference. Hopefully other viewers will catch on though.
BTW, how come all the comments are from December 7 and on? Didn't he publish it early for Patreon supporters?

After all this time, I'm completely in love with them. I love them so much, that I'm considering to buy a second pair to have on the go, for my job, and all that.
Anyone who stopped at one pair - didn't really like Pro 82 :jecklinsmile:
I'm so glad I bought a second pair - now have both colors.
Was kicking myself during the 3.5 months "unobtanium" period, wasn't gonna take any chances this time.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #492 of 4,538
I think he mentioned that it's October - so they weren't available yet on Aliexpress.
(...)
BTW, how come all the comments are from December 7 and on? Didn't he publish it early for Patreon supporters?

upload_2017-12-8_14-23-45.png

Then I tried the comments, and the earliest was a month ago. So October, only if very late in the month. It'd make sense though, based on what you mentioned and this data.

You can try pointing him here, but unless he is going to redo the review properly, it's not going to make much difference. Hopefully other viewers will catch on though.

The goal would be simply to get people who watch it more up to date on the availability. I'll link them here.

Anyone who stopped at one pair - didn't really like Pro 82 :jecklinsmile:
I'm so glad I bought a second pair - now have both colors.
Was kicking myself during the 3.5 months "unobtanium" period, wasn't gonna take any chances this time.

It is indeed true, I'm just amazed at them, I couldn't be happier for what I got for their price. I wasn't even near as happy as this when I got the HD419.

I'm actually going to write a more thorough review on Headphoniaks later on (based on my usage and a point or two from our discussions here), I'm just holding on to see if I receive the O2 this week to add to it, and in a perfect world the pads (not gonna happen 'till Christmas, that's my bet, buuuut...).
But in essence, it's just they are worth so much more than they cost. The build quality is very good for 80€, the quality and accuracy of the sound is amazing, I love its transparency, they are comfortable as hell (they gave in slightly with use, and are now just perfect) and they even have been amazing to use to game too. Lots of small details in games with them, it's just amazing. I just can't see a reason not to buy them for anyone who can shell the money. Even if someone wants to spend just 50€, I'd still tell them to buy these instead.

I know that anyone going into this hobby, like any other (I'm looking at you, mech keyboards and RGB material), can spend a ****ton of money for increasingly less gains, in some cases we can even discuss if there are any gains quality gains at all. But I feel that these are an effective gain over anything under them, and quite honestly, for anyone that doesn't have a large pocket, I'd bet that you can't do better than these until you can shell out above 300€ for the headphones alone, without taking into account the amp at least. I'm a defender of the price/quality goal. I want to spend the less money for the best gain. And quite honestly, whenever I looked at the audiophile community, I saw these huge prices for gains I couldn't quite understand. But these are changing my views on this whole thing. There is indeed a lot to gain from a properly purchased headphone, and even without spending 300€ on them. Even the price alone for these is more than worth it and enough for most people. On my side, it's 82€ for the headphones, and now 125€ for the amp, and something tells me that just these two alone will actually make me satisfied enough to not touch this system for years to come.

I am still considering the DAC (Sabaj 2 or Idea, I'm keeping an eye on them, or the Sabre 9023, but something tells me that these new models are worth the extra), but that's because I was considering a more "perfect-ish" setup. Still, I read a lot that a DAC doesn't net you such noticeable gains, it's more on the small details, so I'll have to see.

But I highly recommend them after this entry period. If I did before, I do it even more now. They didn't need the burn in, the SQ hasn't really improved or decreased in time (or I didn't really notice it). They are still as good as when they arrived. Considering that and the extras (box, bag, adapter, cable), it's a no brainer for me. And my next purchase will make this obvious :wink:

Also, did you add the Heaphoniaks store for EU buyers to your review? You should definitely add them, worth it.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #494 of 4,538
They hype seems real here, feels like the good old SHP9500 hype.

I know that comparing headphones is hard but can anyone compare these against the Shure 440 or the M40x? I`m divided between these 3, I would like to know more about the difference in signature bla bla.

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #495 of 4,538
Then I tried the comments, and the earliest was a month ago. So October, only if very late in the month. It'd make sense though, based on what you mentioned and this data.
When I sorted the comments by date, I saw 7 from before December 7 - at least 1.5-2 months period. Then 200 comments in 24 hours after posting the review publicly...
I guess his Patreon community isn't very active.

The goal would be simply to get people who watch it more up to date on the availability. I'll link them here.
Good idea. Maybe you can save at least some of them from taking unnecessary risks or paying too much.

I'm actually going to write a more thorough review on Headphoniaks later on (based on my usage and a point or two from our discussions here), I'm just holding on to see if I receive the O2 this week to add to it, and in a perfect world the pads (not gonna happen 'till Christmas, that's my bet, buuuut...).
Please post a review here as well: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/takstar-pro-82.22388/

I am still considering the DAC (Sabaj 2 or Idea, I'm keeping an eye on them, or the Sabre 9023, but something tells me that these new models are worth the extra), but that's because I was considering a more "perfect-ish" setup. Still, I read a lot that a DAC doesn't net you such noticeable gains, it's more on the small details, so I'll have to see.
Double amping from Idea to O2 really helps Pro 82, I highly recommend it.
Pro 82 is so transparent, DACs really show off their differences.

Also, did you add the Heaphoniaks store for EU buyers to your review? You should definitely add them, worth it.
Added them, although TakstarAudio is cheaper, especially without the case.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back