Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 12, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #1,381 of 4,537
That would be nice! Update us if you get a response.
I contacted Headphoniaks, and they were not aware of this out of date issue. They will contact Takstar about this, but it may take a bit since it's Chinese new year. In any case, I'll probably end up getting a response sometime in the future. Let's see if this is related to the fact that these are the "old" version.

Feb 12, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #1,382 of 4,537
I haven't checked the actual insides of my takstar's, but since I ordered from TakstarAudio Store, which according to this thread is the manufacturer, I wasn't even thinking these were fakes. Here is a screenshot of my order from aliexpress minus my personal info.

https://i.imgur.com/hFzzcoF.jpg

hFzzcoF.jpg

Feb 12, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #1,383 of 4,537
Color me simple, but at this point the whole notion of "fakes" vs. production/model variance appears to be pure supposition. I have yet to see anything definitive posted as to what constitutes "fake" vs. "real".

Feb 12, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #1,385 of 4,537
Ordered a pair about 2-3 weeks ago from headphoniaks. As it is a gift, I only gave it a short testdrive to see if it could be powered by a phone (nokia 1080). It is the old white box and it did sound pretty awesome....I want one for myself!:triportsad: Hardest gift to give away...

Feb 12, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #1,386 of 4,537
Color me simple, but at this point the whole notion of "fakes" vs. production/model variance appears to be pure supposition. I have yet to see anything definitive posted as to what constitutes "fake" vs. "real".

The article in question wasn't even sure if one was fake or just part of an older production run. The Pro 82 did leave the market for quite a while so changes could have been made. There definitely are two different versions out there however. Aside from sound and possibly the cable it comes with the only real way to tell the difference is to take the driver out and look at the back of it. My guess is the "fake" is actually just the original version and the reason for the gap in availability was Takstar making revisions.

Feb 12, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #1,387 of 4,537
There definitely are two different versions out there however
like I said before: not two different versions but two different headphones that just have a same name :frowning2:

I'm surprised people are so calm about this. Just because it affordable chinese headphone, doesn't mean we should stand for it. Imagine If there was a "revision" of focal clear's that had elear driver's on them. Shitstorm would hit the ceiling fast.

Feb 12, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #1,388 of 4,537
like I said before: not two different versions but two different headphones that just have a same name :frowning2:

I'm surprised people are so calm about this. Just because it affordable chinese headphone, doesn't mean we should stand for it. Imagine If there was a "revision" of focal clear's that had elear driver's on them. ****storm would hit the ceiling fast.

Sound signature is apparently the same aside from more controlled (and less) bass on the newer ones. The most obvious difference in looks between the two headphones is magnet size. A simple mod would be adding a magnet as talked about in this thread. Chinese new year has unfortunately delayed my magnets so I haven't tested this personally but the idea makes sense to me.

Also companies do make changes to the manufacturing of their headphones all the time especially if it's a long running headphone. I agree it would have been nice if Takstar denoted this change in some way in regards to the model name. It's not good to leave your customers confused.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #1,389 of 4,537
I too received my Pro 82s today (which were in a white box)... and went to the Takstar website to input the anti-fake code, and got a message back that they did not recognize the code I gave them and thus told me that these headphones might be fake. By the way, the font size of the "anti-fake" code is on the outside of the box in VERY VERY small numbers. I needed a magnify glass to see them clearly. This all seems very strange... why would TakStar post the "anti-fake authenticity" code on the outside of the box. It seems like if another unscrupulous manufacturer wanted to steal the code, all they would have to do is look on the outside of one of the boxes.

On another note, the headphones sound good and are VERY comfortable to wear. I definitely would NOT describe these headphones as "warm" sounding... but very neutral. The mids seem much higher than my Oppo PM-1 or my Sony MDR-1As.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #1,390 of 4,537
I too received my Pro 82s today (which were in a white box)... and went to the Takstar website to input the anti-fake code, and got a message back that they did not recognize the code I gave them and thus told me that these headphones might be fake. By the way, the font size of the "anti-fake" code is on the outside of the box in VERY VERY small numbers. I needed a magnify glass to see them clearly. This all seems very strange... why would TakStar post the "anti-fake authenticity" code on the outside of the box. It seems like if another unscrupulous manufacturer wanted to steal the code, all they would have to do is look on the outside of one of the boxes.

On another note, the headphones sound good and are VERY comfortable to wear. I definitely would NOT describe these headphones as "warm" sounding... but very neutral. The mids seem much higher than my Oppo PM-1 or my Sony MDR-1As.
The code from the very first Pro 82 I bought (on which this whole thread is based) was rejected too, until I took a picture of the code, zoomed in and found out I've made 2 mistakes. Was 100% sure I read the code correctly, until zoomed in on the picture. All good now:
upload_2018-2-12_20-26-43.png

Feb 12, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #1,392 of 4,537
Sorry, confused 2 different posters

"Past service date" means that the box (but not necessarily the headphone) was manufactured such a long time ago, that Takstar fully expected this box to be sold and tested for authenticity by now.

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-12_20-55-26.png
    upload_2018-2-12_20-55-26.png
    95 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #1,394 of 4,537
I'm sorry... what is the difference between "fake" and "counterfeit?"
They are the same

sorry, I confused 2 different posters - thought two different results of the anti-counterfeit check from the same poster.
Lack of sleep is getting to me, I have started a long trip, need to catch up on sleep

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #1,395 of 4,537
Hmmmm, if I got the white box version (which I think is the older and cheaper sounding version), should I return it?

Who is selling the black box version right now? If you know, can you provide me with a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back