Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 11, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #2,446 of 4,537
So there was this one dude on YouTube what was his name? Zenos? Zanos? Zivas? (hehehe) And he was raving about these headphones and I went and ignored them due to the price and some build quality reports. Then Cooler Master just repackaged them and that caught my eye; I'm wondering if builds will be more consistent? I dunno. But here's the big question...I just read that the Pro 82 is...balanced capable. Right? So I wonder...did Cooler Master Nerf that with the 3.5mm "upgrade"? I have a headset slated to arrive today (if that Amazon driver can figure out where the heck he's going lol) and I might try to find out myself... If I can get it torn down I'll post photos here if any of you would like to see that.
Yes, they work balanced. I run them balanced via ES100 (LDAC).

Mar 11, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #2,447 of 4,537
Yes, they work balanced. I run them balanced via ES100 (LDAC).

Thanks. Hmm....Well that's funny. I forgot that the Cooler Master headset uses the 4th pole as the mic. Just for a moment of ambitious but rubbish, no way I'm using the mic as a (-) am I?

Or, maybe I'll just.... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0785T1KTR

That seller is okay right?

Also...yeah, they freaking glued the pads onto the cups...so I guess I'm not tearing these things apart for awhile. So far, wow...not bad at all on the sound.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #2,448 of 4,537
Thanks. Hmm....Well that's funny. I forgot that the Cooler Master headset uses the 4th pole as the mic. Just for a moment of ambitious but rubbish, no way I'm using the mic as a (-) am I?

Or, maybe I'll just.... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0785T1KTR

That seller is okay right?

Also...yeah, they freaking glued the pads onto the cups...so I guess I'm not tearing these things apart for awhile. So far, wow...not bad at all on the sound.
You can buy it cheaper here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...g-K-song-game-stereo-headset/32808454492.html
They sell the Pro 82 v2, a better version with flatter FR.
Most other sellers sell v1.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #2,449 of 4,537
First impressions on Cooler Master MH751:

Comfort: It's not as good as Pro 82, the pads feel different - they are either made of a different material, or are stuffed much denser than Pro 82
The comfort is still good, but it doesn't feel anymore as fluffy clouds on my ears, there is much more pressure.

Build: I liked the idea of switching to a cable with 3.5mm on both ends, but you can't use 3rd party cables - what's the point of that?
Also, because of the mic, MH751 can't be used with a balanced cable.
The cups are deeper, but apparently they don't really have more space inside for the driver to breathe:
upload_2019-3-12_20-21-11.png

SQ: They sound very similar to Pro 82, but not as good.
Some of the transparency is gone, maybe due to tighter fitting pads. AC/DC sounds as good as ever, but Alison Krauss, Brandy Clark and Bonnie Raitt are missing some of the magic.
Also, synergy with my favorite combo (Idea+O2) seems to be gone, live recordings don't sound like I'm right there.
Maybe this will change with burn-in, time will tell.

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-12_20-19-44.png
    upload_2019-3-12_20-19-44.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 13, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #2,450 of 4,537
You can buy it cheaper here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...g-K-song-game-stereo-headset/32808454492.html
They sell the Pro 82 v2, a better version with flatter FR.
Most other sellers sell v1.

Well you were definitely right, With one day shipping on that seller on Amazon I got a v1 - white box and the longer cable. Not too big a deal so far. At least it was brand new - I often get customer returns when I do one day/ same day delivery. I'll pick up a v2 a bit later when the budget opens up some.

Also remember I said the pads on the Cooler Master version were glued? Yeah...Evidently you CAN peel them off. You just have to use a spludger to get them pulled off.

IMG_4624.JPG IMG_4627.JPG IMG_4629.JPG

I'm still wondering if there's a way to rewire this for a balanced output and knock off the mic.

Also, the plastic cups behind the drivers are glued on.

Should mention that impressions on both of these Takstar headphones...make me wish I never bought the Focal Listen (and its "Professional" counterpart) if that says anything.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #2,451 of 4,537
Well you were definitely right, With one day shipping on that seller on Amazon I got a v1 - white box and the longer cable. Not too big a deal so far. At least it was brand new - I often get customer returns when I do one day/ same day delivery. I'll pick up a v2 a bit later when the budget opens up some.

Also remember I said the pads on the Cooler Master version were glued? Yeah...Evidently you CAN peel them off. You just have to use a spludger to get them pulled off.

I'm still wondering if there's a way to rewire this for a balanced output and knock off the mic.

Also, the plastic cups behind the drivers are glued on.

Should mention that impressions on both of these Takstar headphones...make me wish I never bought the Focal Listen (and its "Professional" counterpart) if that says anything.
The main audible difference between V1 and V2, is that V1 is a lot less forgiving to a quality of a recording, especially if there is some signs of sibilance.
You can do something about it though: Tuning Pro 82 with easy mods

Mar 15, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #2,452 of 4,537
The main audible difference between V1 and V2, is that V1 is a lot less forgiving to a quality of a recording, especially if there is some signs of sibilance.
You can do something about it though: Tuning Pro 82 with easy mods

As if the thread needed more ambitious but rubbish moments, I was looking around for foam to mess with but unfortunately I somehow threw away the worn out HD600 pads and its foam away a few months ago. But then...Oh, what's this?

IMG_4650.JPG

A nice thin sheet of foam from the Cooler Master headset box!

IMG_4651.JPG

Then while cleaning up my messy computer desk I found a box with a high density foam sheet from a Noctua fan adapter box.

IMG_4664.JPG

IMG_4665.JPG

You probably wouldn't like that high density foam since it kills off a lot of the sound staging in exchange for eliminating the sibilance. But three small discs of the Cooler Master foam seemed to reduce the treble enough...

IMG_4668.JPG

I ended up with three of those behind the drivers on the V1 headphone and just the stock foam beneath the pads.

For the Cooler Master headset, did you try taking away the foam beneath the pads? It seemed to open up the treble a lot for me.

Mar 16, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #2,453 of 4,537
I ended up with three of those behind the drivers on the V1 headphone and just the stock foam beneath the pads.
Nice!

For the Cooler Master headset, did you try taking away the foam beneath the pads? It seemed to open up the treble a lot for me.
No, I don't take pads off unless they are meant to be taken off and can be put back easily.

Mar 18, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #2,454 of 4,537
Has anyone used any velour pads with the pro 82?

If you have does the imaging change? loss of stage etc?

I have been able to use the 82 again in the winter months for gaming and would like to continue into the summer months, the stock pads are far to hot to do that.

Mar 18, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #2,455 of 4,537
Recently I have ordered this short cable, hoping I would be able to use it with Pro 82 and Radsone ES100 (or any other Bluetooth adapter):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008NCDMRU/
Unfortunately, it doesn't fit too well. If I keep pushing it inside a little bit, I get full sound, but if I don't - it slides out a bit, and one of the channels disappears.
Ordered these 2 instead, hoping one of them will work better:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/POY...-Cord-for-Smartphone-Speaker/32796752329.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/POY...io-Cable-Cord-for-Smartphone/32798495447.html

Mar 24, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #2,456 of 4,537
No, I don't take pads off unless they are meant to be taken off and can be put back easily.

I can't say I blame you. I wrecked my spludger on the Cooler Master headphones. Must have peeled them off like half a dozen times.
IMG_4866.JPG

I knew I should have spent more on tools instead of cheaping out. And this post is brought to you by iFixIt!

Has anyone used any velour pads with the pro 82?

If you have does the imaging change? loss of stage etc?

I have been able to use the 82 again in the winter months for gaming and would like to continue into the summer months, the stock pads are far to hot to do that.

I've got some velour pads on the way to see what happens...because why not? And because I live in the desert. So check back later next week and I'll post about my findings with velour/cloth pads.Here's a preview of what I've been up to all week...

IMG_4867.JPG

Also later next week I think I'm going to do a full review on both the Cooler Master MH752 AND the TakStar Pro 82 V1.

Oh, yes that's a balanced cable.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #2,457 of 4,537
I've got some velour pads on the way to see what happens...because why not? And because I live in the desert. So check back later next week and I'll post about my findings with velour/cloth pads.Here's a preview of what I've been up to all week...

Thanks, I look forward to it :)

Mar 24, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #2,458 of 4,537
Received my Pro 82 V2 last Friday and I like what I hear so far.

Compared to my HD660S, there is literally no gap when it comes to sound quality, the Sennheiser may have a few more tricks to explain the price difference, but IMHO nothing important to invest $500 instead of just $80.

To my ears, it already sounds way better than the M50X, M40X and MSR7 which are considered to be excellent budget cans.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #2,460 of 4,537
Received my Pro 82 V2 last Friday and I like what I hear so far.

Compared to my HD660S, there is literally no gap when it comes to sound quality, the Sennheiser may have a few more tricks to explain the price difference, but IMHO nothing important to invest $500 instead of just $80.

To my ears, it already sounds way better than the M50X, M40X and MSR7 which are considered to be excellent budget cans.
I compared M40x and Pro82, I would not say that Takstar plays much better, they play approximately at the same level, the difference in sound is only that M40x has a more detached and boring monitor sound, and Takstar has more fun and musical sound.
I also compared the Pro 82 and Shure SRH440. Shure has a more natural sounding timbres and a more adult sound, but they are inferior to a Pro 82 in terms of bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back