TakeT BPP Portable Supertweeter and H2+ Headphone - Head-Fi TV, Episode 010
Aug 10, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #31 of 79

Quote:
Quick post as I'm on the move.

If you buy one of these, also buy a Sennheiser HD212. The headband can be adapted to replace the horrible TakeT one.

I have no doubts that you are correct, but buying a 3,000 dollar headphone and sticking the cups on a comparatively flimsy headband probably worth in all reality about a dollar, doesn't sit well with me at all.  Any other headbands work with the TakeT?

Aug 10, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #32 of 79

Guys, did you hear? The new supertweeter (tm) allows you to hear supersonic frequencies THROUGH YOUR FACE!

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH INFORMATION IS LOST BY NOT LISTENING TO MUSIC THROUGH YOUR FACE? 

ALL OF IT.

Buy yours today.

Aug 10, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #33 of 79
One thing to consider with the supertweeter is that most music probably doesn't contain frequencies that high. And most sources/amps probably don't really focus on the supersonic frequency range, either

Aug 10, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #34 of 79

Quote:
One thing to consider with the supertweeter is that most music probably doesn't contain frequencies that high. And most sources/amps probably don't really focus on the supersonic frequency range, either

The other is that YOU CAN'T HEAR IT.

EDIT: I wonder if it actually puts out any sound waves at all, has anyone tested it at all?

Aug 10, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #36 of 79
And even if you could hear it you'd fist need a hi-rez recording that was recorded with mics capable of recording such high frequencies and then they need to be recoding instruments that actually make such high frequencies.

All of those thing do actually exist but they aren't terribly common even on their own.  When you combine all those requirements it will work out to a minuscule percentage of all music available today.

I suppose if you already know you listen to stuff like that...

Aug 11, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #39 of 79
I hope the next episode is a Thunderpants episode. ^^

Aug 11, 2011 at 3:07 AM Post #40 of 79
to be fair, the TakeT headband looks pretty crappy too

Quote:
I have no doubts that you are correct, but buying a 3,000 dollar headphone and sticking the cups on a comparatively flimsy headband probably worth in all reality about a dollar, doesn't sit well with me at all.  Any other headbands work with the TakeT?

Aug 11, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #42 of 79

Quote:
Jude, I'd love a comparison of high end DACs

Compare a under $1000 DAC to an over $8000 DAC

:D

Ooo I'd like to see a DAC rundown as well--looking for a new one to pair with the Phonitor. :-D

Aug 12, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #43 of 79
Ron Popeil is selling audio now? "If you call now, when you purchase H2+, we'll give you not 1, but 2 BPP Portable Supertweeters." No offense, but that headphone looks like a cross between a DT150 (without it's durability, it looks loose and flabby, those loops look like twist ties covered with electrical tape) and a K1000 (but without the sound quality, a $3000 headphone that needs to be eq'd to sound decent?). 

Aug 12, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #44 of 79
Is the TR2, just a switchbox ?
In that case, it's waaay too expensive.
Hifiman has a similar box, for $99.

Aug 12, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #45 of 79

Quote:
Head-Fi TV is covering too many niche/boutique products. How about more mainstream products for the typical head-fi'er in future episodes?

This is a place mainly for enthusiasts so covering these types of product is what Head-Fi TV should be all about, as the other low priced products are featured everywhere else.

If I could improve these videos I would try to bringing in more products and do some comparisons. That would really help the average person and consumer here IMO.

For exampel I would like to see a lineup of 5-10 DAC's in various price points, or talking about the different top custom IEM in some upcomming episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back