Taction Technology KANNON Headphone
Sep 10, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #331 of 976
Got a question for the people that use it on the PC. if i want to run them on a pc with an amp. Would i have to charge them ? or do i only have to charge them if i use them portably ? didn't see a lot of information about it. Just wondering if i would have to run 2 cables then, a micro usb to charge and the headphone cable itself.

Sep 10, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #332 of 976
Got a question for the people that use it on the PC. if i want to run them on a pc with an amp. Would i have to charge them ? or do i only have to charge them if i use them portably ? didn't see a lot of information about it. Just wondering if i would have to run 2 cables then, a micro usb to charge and the headphone cable itself.

@Luckbad can probably help with that

20170910_231414[1].jpg

Sep 10, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #333 of 976

Yep, you're charging the battery that powers the Taction driver.

I get noise if plug it into my front USB port while listening. Haven't tried yet with the wall wart.

The battery lasts quite a while so it hasn't bothered me.

Sep 10, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #335 of 976
First impressions:Tuning is definitely v-shaped, but doesn't seem egregious anywhere on first blush.

My review will be up in 2 hours

@Hawaiibadboy ,you do good reviews man,funny but informative stuff!

What im curious about though is @Luckbad says "def v-shaped" and then in your review Badboy,you list forward mids as a con(how is that a con?) So we have contradictory reports...
As a confirmed metalhead/non bass-head who happens to like the live music bass sensation,Im wondering if the tuning between #0001 and whichever number Luckbad got is somehow different? Forward mids would bring a huge grin to my face,whereas v-shape not so much.

Sep 10, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #336 of 976

What im curious about though is @Luckbad says "def v-shaped" and then in your review Badboy,you list forward mids as a con(how is that a con?) So we have contradictory reports...
As a confirmed metalhead/non bass-head who happens to like the live music bass sensation,Im wondering if the tuning between #0001 and whichever number Luckbad got is somehow different? Forward mids would bring a huge grin to my face,whereas v-shape not so much.

I'll edit that post. If you look at a more recent post, you'll see that I realized it's because I was breaking the earpad seal with my big ears.

Sep 10, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #337 of 976
I'll edit that post. If you look at a more recent post, you'll see that I realized it's because I was breaking the earpad seal with my big ears.

Right on...Let us know how the new pads work and if they change the sound sig,for better or worse.

Sep 10, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #338 of 976
Great job on the review Chris...............mine are on the way and will be here by Wednesday. Looking forward to them!

Sep 10, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #339 of 976

Forward mids means shouty, little harsh presentation in this region. Too forward mids can be tiresome similar like highs can be.

Sep 10, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #340 of 976
Forward mids means shouty, little harsh presentation in this region. Too forward mids can be tiresome similar like highs can be.

I guess its a matter of preference.I like what AKG K240 sextetts and Grados do for guitars,bringing them forward in front of the vocals even.If thats what these do I will be one happy old headbanger.

Shouty is a totally different thing tho.

Sep 10, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #341 of 976
shouty if the upper mids are forward, if you have peak in the lower mids there is no shout, my modded m audio q40 have very forward mids, but only below 1khz, so there is no shout, only more body to the vocals and instruments

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #342 of 976
shouty if the upper mids are forward, if you have peak in the lower mids there is no shout, my modded m audio q40 have very forward mids, but only below 1khz, so there is no shout, only more body to the vocals and instruments

Lets not forget things can change with a bit of pad rolling and info on how they may eq. Which are two things to consider :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back