Taction Technology KANNON Headphone
Jan 17, 2016 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 976

Hawaiibadboy

BANNED

I was contacted a year or more ago and asked to provide bassheads to test and help in the development of a set of headphones that would provide quality sound and tactile response.
We need to do that via amp and eq as it stands right now.  Skullcandy tried to do this the easy way and it turned out the way going the easy way things do.

It would seem on my brief listen via Note 4 and Mojo that Taction Technologies has hit the mark.

More thoughts to come.

Target date for mass release is March as of now. I have 2 days with these so I will be video taking and listening a lot.

The case is insane.

Jan 18, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #3 of 976
Wow, this looks like a very interesting product. Instead of bigger drivers and/or more Tesla, they implemented a completely different idea. I would be very interested to try these, if possible. I'm probably going to buy one as well. Movie, game and music experience will probably be amazing.

Jan 18, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #5 of 976
Look forward to your feedback, HBB...............and these are on the purchase radar. 

Jan 19, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #7 of 976
Great job on the video bud!  You have great taste in classic rock as well..................

Feb 27, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #9 of 976
Could you tell me (briefly):

How do these weight up to the HD 800's and HE 560's as far as sound-stage, female voices, instrument separation, ect....?

Are these headphones close to the HD's & HE's overall?

Feb 27, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #10 of 976
Could you tell me (briefly):

How do these weight up to the HD 800's and HE 560's as far as sound-stage, female voices, instrument separation, ect....?

Are these headphones close to the HD's & HE's overall?

Not even similar. I haven't heard the 560 for a while but the HD800 are max level headphones with a price to match.

Kannons are awesome but are closed with a smaller soundstage compared to great open headphones and amazing bass impact.

Feb 27, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #11 of 976
Not even similar. I haven't heard the 560 for a while but the HD650 are max level headphones with a price to match.

Kannons are awesome but are closed with a smaller soundstage compared to great open headphones and amazing bass impact.

Basshead.Club
I get it now, these are basically in the category of the SZ's, and M100's..
Thanks  for the heads up!!

Feb 27, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #12 of 976
  Not even similar. I haven't heard the 560 for a while but the HD650 are max level headphones with a price to match.

Basshead.Club
I get it now, these are basically in the category of the SZ's, and M100's..
Thanks  for the heads up!!

These are like ATHM50 (slightly elevated bass with nice mids and good highs with no unreal spikes ) with bass projection like an SZ2000

Feb 28, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #13 of 976
Subscribing :)

Just to clarify, you can plug these headphones with headphone jack to the source of your choice too right (so it isn't just an usb powered headset)? I assume the stereo 3.5mm cable have to be plugged to the controller device but then again I guess that device is half of product so it wouldn't make sense to let people bypass the module.

Good to hear there's both a closed and open version in the development.

Feb 28, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #14 of 976
  Subscribing :)

Just to clarify, you can plug these headphones with headphone jack to the source of your choice too right (so it isn't just an usb powered headset)? I assume the stereo 3.5mm cable have to be plugged to the controller device but then again I guess that device is half of product so it wouldn't make sense to let people bypass the module.

Good to hear there's both a closed and open version in the development.

You can plug the headphone jack into whatever you want like any other headphone. The USB part is only for the the Taction portion. It can be used to power it, as can a portable battery.

I want to say you can bypass it entirely and run it with just the headphone jack, but I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back