Taction Technology KANNON Headphone
Mar 2, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #16 of 976

What driver is used? I might have missed it, if you said it.
Is this another Fostex T50p mod?

It's not a mod of the Fostex. They are using an OEM for the driver and housing part but it's custom tuned. I suspect their OEM is Audio-Technica, but they haven't stated that anywhere to my knowledge. They sound and look a lot like an ATH-M50(x), but I'm not certain it's the same driver.

Mar 5, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #20 of 976
My dads built himself a cinema room with subwoofer and speakers etc to experience movies in awesome mode, ive got to get him to buy these headphones to take the expierience up again. The reviews and HBB youtube vid make these seem incredible. Problem is my dad lives in australia and im in uk lol. Hes into fast and furious, war films and action, I bet these would feel awesome watching them

Mar 5, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #21 of 976
My dads built himself a cinema room with subwoofer and speakers etc to experience movies in awesome mode, ive got to get him to buy these headphones to take the expierience up again. The reviews and HBB youtube vid make these seem incredible. Problem is my dad lives in australia and im in uk lol. Hes into fast and furious, war films and action, I bet these would feel awesome watching them

Your Dad would love these. If he doesn't wanna bother the neighbors late at night he can still go full nutz with the KANNON

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #25 of 976
I'm very interested in these as I want a really bassy headphone to try out and see if I'd like to have one around for the fun of it, but from what I have heard the SZ2000 just has bass and that's about it. If these basically sound like the M50x but have lots of bass, I may have to try one.

Any idea what the target price range is?

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #26 of 976
Hi everyone,

There are two chances coming up to try the KANNON tech preview in person:

1) 3/17: SXSW.  Taction Suite, Radisson Downtown, Austin.  We're mostly doing press demos that day, but will gladly demo for Head-Fi members on a first-come first-serve basis (email me to set up a time).

3) 3/19 - 3/20:  CanJam SoCal.  It's official. We'll be there.  For those who are serious about bass, the KANNON tech preview will be featured at the Taction booth.

Best,
Fightin' Jim (Taction CTO)

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #27 of 976
  Hi everyone,

There are two chances coming up to try the KANNON tech preview in person:

1) 3/17: SXSW.  Taction Suite, Radisson Downtown, Austin.  We're mostly doing press demos that day, but will gladly demo for Head-Fi members on a first-come first-serve basis (email me to set up a time).

3) 3/19 - 3/20:  CanJam SoCal.  It's official. We'll be there.  For those who are serious about bass, the KANNON tech preview will be featured at the Taction booth.

Best,
Fightin' Jim (Taction CTO)

Awesome!
Wish I could be there but glad you guys are going to get a lot of face time with the crowd
beerchug.gif

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #29 of 976
Yes, if you run it without power it will work normally as a passive headphone.  

That way if you are traveling and your battery runs out you aren't left in the lurch.  You've still got music.

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #30 of 976
Hawaiianbadboy, how did these headphones behave being amped? I'm sure you put an amp to them when you had them, correct?

They behaved well. I always amp
biggrin.gif

Like the post above said (KANNON's creator) they can run in normal mode.
The benefit for me was not having to lean on eq to get the sub bass tactile feedback which needs an amp and eq with all other headphones and with the design of these...
just the amp is needed for me to increase bass/mid/treble sound beyond what a phone or DAP might produce.
The drivers sound normal under amp and distortion is not an issue as the sub bass is not being boosted by 5 to +18dB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back