Taction Technology KANNON Headphone
Mar 15, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #33 of 976
Kickstarter is live!

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #35 of 976

Very nice review,especially like the classic rock references.

I'm not a basshead,nor into bass heavy genres,I am into(see my avatar)metal and rock,and for ever I have been looking for a headphone that reproduces that live bass guitar rumble without sacrificing the mids.

How do you think these would fare with metal/hard rock?

Any idea when these will actually be available for sale? You mentioned March in the video,but it seems thats when the Kickstarter began.

Good to hear there's both a closed and open version in the development.

Where did you see that an open backed version is in the works?

I dont see how much air could pass thru with the tactile unit in place.

If they can somehow give you spacious soundstage+bass,this could potentially be a game changer!

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #39 of 976
I tried these headphones at the 2016 CanJam in SoCal. I have to say, it was QUITE an experience to feel my music!!! Very unique. I loved adjusting the taction on the headphones. I'm not a gamer myself but I'm sure it would be earth-shattering for the common gamer to obtain a pair of these. They are one-of-a-kind.. But not for long, I'm sure. This is just too good of an idea to be kept in the dark. If you want a pair of headphones that offers something different and naturally desirable, I would recommend them.

As far as sound quality goes, it wasn't my cup of tea, but I am also very new to the audiophile world and my ears need to be matured - So I wouldn't take my word for it haha. I don't feel qualified to speak on that subject.

Mar 23, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #41 of 976
  I tried these headphones at the 2016 CanJam in SoCal. I have to say, it was QUITE an experience to feel my music!!! Very unique. I loved adjusting the taction on the headphones. I'm not a gamer myself but I'm sure it would be earth-shattering for the common gamer to obtain a pair of these. They are one-of-a-kind.. But not for long, I'm sure. This is just too good of an idea to be kept in the dark. If you want a pair of headphones that offers something different and naturally desirable, I would recommend them.

As far as sound quality goes, it wasn't my cup of tea, but I am also very new to the audiophile world and my ears need to be matured - So I wouldn't take my word for it haha. I don't feel qualified to speak on that subject.

I'm already able to "feel" my genre of music in my headphones and "extreme basshead club" probably for many years due excess EQing/bass boosting and it indeed adds another dimension when you actually feel the bass in your ears, of course it doesn't add the feeling to your stomach you feel at a live event when the music is literally chest-pounding but ofc not without rather high volume levels too. The shaking mekanism is good exactly for this reason because we can achieve the same sensation for our ears but a more ear-friendly listening level. It's also the reason digiZoid ZO amp with its bass-boosting focused DSP processing helps me listening at lower volume levels because already when vocals are at medium levels at most, I start feeling the bass and bass are more temporary and not constantly playing in a track so even if bass notes are played louder in comparison, there is always some breaks and such in the track and the bass notes for my genre (Hardstyle) are very short pulsating type that hits hard but with a very short duration. Leads and crash cymbals etc is what limits my listening volume, those can very quickly result in ear-fatigue for me but bass doesn't seem to do so even when it is at this level that it can be felt (the headphone chassi even can be felt how it vibrates).

I find that being able to feel the bass, the music, particularly electronic dance music, gets so much more engaging to listen to. The urge to tap your feet, nod your head etc gets that much stronger and I love when I get connected with my music, simple as that, when the music moves me, I know I'm enjoying it a lot.

I'm also a hobby mastering engineer, doing mostly tracks for newcomer hardstyle producers without that experience and to me that ability to feel the bass also helps me to dial in the suitable amount bass to the kicks since I know when I start feeling it, like I do with other retail tracks, then the amount is just right so it's like a 5th sense to rely on.

I haven't even thought about that it might even benefit gamers to react faster to various situations, that's a pretty interesting one but it kinda makes sense. I'm interesting in these Kannons both for the music and gaming aspect since I'm also a pretty avid Unreal Tournament fan and this one is among those games where you really benefit by a good working sound output that can give you audio cues about your opponent's location etc and being able to react faster to some1 for example firing off a rocket behind your back towards you might mean the difference of being able to avoid it or not before it hits you.

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #42 of 976
I've seen there is one month left and still a lot of money to collect. I'm not sure there are that many bassheads here....what happen if they don't manage to get all the money ? Do they refund or the 389 dollars are lost ?

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #43 of 976
  I've seen there is one month left and still a lot of money to collect. I'm not sure there are that many bassheads here....what happen if they don't manage to get all the money ? Do they refund or the 389 dollars are lost ?

It started with only a 40 day time frame, mind you.

Kickstarter has a rules and guidelines page about how all of this works. Check it out.

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #44 of 976

There's no risk as you only pledge but no payment is taken until the Kickstarter hits the target. So go ahead, no risk unlike Indiegogo where you pay upfront.

Mar 24, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #45 of 976
OK thanks for the answers guys. I ll order mine and make my best to forget it so that I don't get too impatient as the release date is fourth quarter of #2016 and projects are often delayed for different reasons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back