T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Jun 26, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #1,291 of 1,853
Jun 26, 2023 at 11:17 PM Post #1,292 of 1,853
The tech is not a big issue for me at all,

real leather and custom EQ i care much more about

Jun 27, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #1,293 of 1,853
How are the STs while walking with them? I have read that the Bathys' ANC makes weird noises when walking, hopefully the STs don't have issues like these.
I used the ST during my recent Tokyo trip which I walked quite a lot everyday (>12,000 steps/day). The passive isolation was good and and worked well during flight too. It's lightweight but the earcups still got me sweating when using outdoor (@ 25°c). For outside use, a pair of good iem maybe more suitable.

Jun 27, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #1,294 of 1,853
I used the ST during my recent Tokyo trip which I walked quite a lot everyday (>12,000 steps/day). The passive isolation was good and and worked well during flight too. It's lightweight but the earcups still got me sweating when using outdoor (@ 25°c). For outside use, a pair of good iem maybe more suitable.

I speaking several times in this thread about my preference AND strong necessity ALWAYS for real leather earcups that always working very better than not-real leather earpads for prevention of hot ears and/or sweating ears.

The ONLY exception of not real leather earpads that is good FOR ME personally, and that is giving me almost (if not really the same) results as real leather, is the ST. ALL my real leather headphones still becoming hot and starting causing sweating after about 26 degrees celsius. With other not-real leather my ears becoming hot and/or sweating even with 16-18 degrees celsius (!) I having this problem. And, like I saying several times before, this is a very good big surprise for me with the ST because, for me personally, is giving me the same effect like real-leather earpads. This is a big surprise when I buying this headphone because this is ALWAYS a BIG worry for me, and I asking the German e-shop for guarantee, before paying, of offering good return policy if this is a problem (and they saying yes).

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #1,295 of 1,853
How are the sound leakage from these?

I just returned my freshly bought Bathys as they leaked like a sieve and effectively made them useless in the open office I planned to use them in...

Jul 4, 2023 at 7:53 AM Post #1,296 of 1,853

I just returned my freshly bought Bathys as they leaked like a sieve and effectively made them useless in the open office I planned to use them in...

Sound leaking is minimal, and this is one reason why passive isolation (meaning with ANC off) is very good.

Jul 4, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #1,297 of 1,853

It depends on what kind of music you listen to. I listen to classical music and I have found that they leak quite a bit in the upper frequencies. For "darker" music you should be fine.

Jul 4, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #1,298 of 1,853
It depends on what kind of music you listen to. I listen to classical music and I have found that they leak quite a bit in the upper frequencies. For "darker" music you should be fine.

One good and very easy way for testing (and even for comparing) sound leaking in (different) headphones is putting the headphones in your leg (above the knee). Is normal that, even if leaking is very low in a headphone, the high frequencies will leaking more than mid and low frequencies, independently of the genre, specially and obviously if playing music (very) loud.

When speaking strictly about sound leaking, the ST, in (reasonably) loud volumes, is definitely one of the best in the market.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #1,299 of 1,853
Only because I can, here are MOAR selfies and pics of my setup with the T+A Solitaire T in balanced mode! 😃
Also took a on-action side shot, because reasons 😀

Listening to a selection of albums today, this time a focusing on rap and hip-hop, such as debut albums Sza's 2017 Ctrl and Dr. Dre's 1992 The Chronic.
However, I also mixed in some classic drum 'n' bass from Goldie's 2017 The Journey Man and Pendulum's 2022 EP Elemental.
As palate cleanser on the side, Brian Eno's 2022 EP Making Gardens Out Of Silence In The Uncanny Valley and Nils Frahm's 2015 album Solo (official free download in 24 bit/96 kHz link here!).
All releases were in high-resolution and on local storage; no streaming (not for any particular reason).
Playback is via the mighty FiiO M17 digital desktop player and external battery power bank.

My pick of best listening session was by of my favourite bands and from a CD release, Modeselektor's album Monkeytown (Deluxe Tour Edition) (2011, Monkeytown Records Monkeytown023, 16 bit/44.1 kHz)!

PSX_20230704_211424.jpg
PSX_20230704_211613.jpg
PSX_20230704_211445.jpg
PSX_20230704_211509.jpg
PSX_20230704_211529.jpg
PSX_20230704_211545.jpg

Jul 12, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #1,300 of 1,853
So after a few months of only listening with my ST, I went back to try out my IEMs (Earsonics Onyx) that I really liked previously.

Alas, it seems the ST has spoiled me because the Onyx just didn't have the clarity that I love with the ST and now seem hard to go back to.

So, I am now in the search for an equivalent IEM that has a similar neutral sound signature like the ST and was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions?

A few that I'm looking at:

Campfire Audio Ara
Noble Kadence
64 audio U12t
InEar Prophile 8
InEar PMX

Many thanks,

Jul 12, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #1,301 of 1,853
So after a few months of only listening with my ST, I went back to try out my IEMs (Earsonics Onyx) that I really liked previously.

Alas, it seems the ST has spoiled me because the Onyx just didn't have the clarity that I love with the ST and now seem hard to go back to.

So, I am now in the search for an equivalent IEM that has a similar neutral sound signature like the ST and was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions?

Campfire Audio Ara
Noble Kadence
64 audio U12t
InEar Prophile 8
InEar PMX

Many thanks,
iems generally offer less value than over-ears. over-ears also sound quite different than iems in general (as well as wearing comfort). is there any aspect you wish to improve in searching for iem?

speaking of resolution/clarity, my own experience is noble viking ragnar is amongst the best of iems i got (and quite a lot better than S-T in this aspect). you may wish to give it a try if price is not a big concern.

Jul 12, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #1,302 of 1,853
iems generally offer less value than over-ears. over-ears also sound quite different than iems in general (as well as wearing comfort). is there any aspect you wish to improve in searching for iem?

speaking of resolution/clarity, my own experience is noble viking ragnar is amongst the best of iems i got (and quite a lot better than S-T in this aspect). you may wish to give it a try if price is not a big concern.
Not really looking to improve over the ST, but there are situations where an over-ear headphone is not possible, mostly due to weather conditions, or when I don't want to lug around the heaphones and case, but still want high quality sound.

Thanks for the recommendation, but yeah it's a bit outside my budget which is around 1500€.

Jul 12, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #1,303 of 1,853

Campfire Audio Ara
Noble Kadence
64 audio U12t
InEar Prophile 8
InEar PMX

Many thanks,
VERY interested in your journey here; though this may not be an avenue I may follow, I'm still extremely intrigued!

Jul 14, 2023 at 12:10 AM Post #1,304 of 1,853
As soon as Disclosure announced, and subsequently dropped, their new album tonight (UK time, Friday 14/07/23), woke up and went to spin it via my FiiO M17 digital desktop player and T+A Solitaire T headphones in balanced mode!

Love the more laid back, groovy, and warm glow of the album, with a few club highlights too (opener track Looking for Love, and my favourite track 7 We were in Love).
Also, nice to hear chilled drum and bass too via track 3, Higher than Ever Before.

Alchemy by Disclosure (2023, Apollo~AWAL), Tidal HiFi streaming (Master Subscription)

PSX_20230714_045145.jpg

PSX_20230714_045701.jpg

PSX_20230714_045818.jpg

Jul 14, 2023 at 4:04 AM Post #1,305 of 1,853
I just got my ST a few days ago, was not so impressed in wireless use, but with wired balanced use, it was a very big surprise for me, very impressed by the details, tune balance, outstanding realism of the sound, for me it is really on the top ten of the closed back HP on the market with a top price value.
I own a ZMF VC an XTC closed 1.5 and other closed back ones.
Never heard such a natural sound before, if you keen on deep Bass, it is not for you…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back