T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Jun 22, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #1,276 of 1,865
Waiting on custom EQ to show up and my new job to start and ill probs get the solt

Jun 22, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #1,277 of 1,865
MULTIPOINT IS NOW AVAILABLE!! --- Unfortunately, custom EQ isn't available yet.
Excellent... getting closer to pulling the trigger, though now I feel like waiting to see what pans out with the Dali.

On a side note, I remember early on when multipoint was mentioned, and many expressed interest in getting multipoint, and T+A made the snarky remark that these are audiophile headphones, therefore there is no multipoint now or planned. That is not a good look.

Jun 22, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #1,278 of 1,865
I can't seem to get multipoint to work properly. I appear to be connected to two devices, but audio only works from the primary/first device I'm connected to. Is it working properly for anyone else, and could you share the steps taken to get it to work.

Jun 23, 2023 at 1:18 AM Post #1,279 of 1,865
Excellent... getting closer to pulling the trigger, though now I feel like waiting to see what pans out with the Dali.

On a side note, I remember early on when multipoint was mentioned, and many expressed interest in getting multipoint, and T+A made the snarky remark that these are audiophile headphones, therefore there is no multipoint now or planned. That is not a good look.

Which indicates that even companies like T+A who normally prefer sticking to their (proven) audiophile priciples know when to start listening to customer wishes. Kudos to T+A! 😊

Jun 23, 2023 at 3:43 AM Post #1,280 of 1,865
I can't seem to get multipoint to work properly. I appear to be connected to two devices, but audio only works from the primary/first device I'm connected to. Is it working properly for anyone else, and could you share the steps taken to get it to work.

You must pressing 'pause' in one device, then wait 5-6 seconds and then pressing 'play' in the other device. The same if you want going back to first device. If you pressing 'pause' in one device and quickly pressing 'play' in the other device, you must still waiting 5-6 seconds for hearing music/podcast/video in the other device.

Some headphones, like px8, switching devices almost instantly after pausing first device and then playing second device; others, like ST and Bathys, you must waiting several seconds for the second device starting playing after pausing the first device.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #1,281 of 1,865
Good for T+A, that's was one of the feature I missed.

I really hope they'll release another Bluetooth product in the near future. In the end u wasn't really after a compact closed back.

Also yeah, the fake leather at this price point really really sucks... :/

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #1,282 of 1,865
You must pressing 'pause' in one device, then wait 5-6 seconds and then pressing 'play' in the other device. The same if you want going back to first device. If you pressing 'pause' in one device and quickly pressing 'play' in the other device, you must still waiting 5-6 seconds for hearing music/podcast/video in the other device.

Some headphones, like px8, switching devices almost instantly after pausing first device and then playing second device; others, like ST and Bathys, you must waiting several seconds for the second device starting playing after pausing the first device.
I have been keeping an eye on the ST for a bit, I think they are gorgeous and was thinking on treating myself to an upgrade from my Bose NC700s, but the lack of multipoint was a deal breaker for me.

Have you been able to test the multipoint with a phone and a computer where you play music through the phone and use the computer for Zoom/Team calls?
In the NC700 the transition from music in the phone to join a call in the laptop is very quick (at most a second, I think).

The other 2 things that worry me before pulling the trigger are comfort, thanks for your measurements Vs the XM3 in a previous post that helps as the NC700 are a bit smaller (can anybody with an NC700 comment?) and how big the difference in sound quality Vs my NC700 with Oratory1990 Harman EQ will really be, given all the arguments about FR being king (appreciate better codecs or using it in wired mode will make a difference).
Guess nothing will beat trying them in a shop first.

Jun 24, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #1,283 of 1,865
I have been keeping an eye on the ST for a bit, I think they are gorgeous and was thinking on treating myself to an upgrade from my Bose NC700s, but the lack of multipoint was a deal breaker for me.

Yes, I can understanding why not having multipoint connection is a reason for not buying the ST before for some people, specially when the ST is so expensive. So, yes, is a very good thing now this is available in the ST.

Have you been able to test the multipoint with a phone and a computer where you play music through the phone and use the computer for Zoom/Team calls?

I use Zoom only (Teams never), but not often, so for testing this for you I needing more time and I don't know exactly when, I'm sorry.

In the NC700 the transition from music in the phone to join a call in the laptop is very quick (at most a second, I think).

The Bose NC700 is directed specially for people in business world, so the quick transition isn't a surprise for me. The call quality of the NC700 is probably the best I hearing from any headphone (and I owning about 40 different BT/ANC earphones/headphones in the past). Bose paying a lot of attention to this aspect of the NC700 when designing this headphone, and this is one reason why they are more expensive than QC 35 II when releasing.

The other 2 things that worry me before pulling the trigger are comfort, thanks for your measurements Vs the XM3 in a previous post that helps as the NC700 are a bit smaller (can anybody with an NC700 comment?) and how big the difference in sound quality Vs my NC700 with Oratory1990 Harman EQ will really be, given all the arguments about FR being king (appreciate better codecs or using it in wired mode will make a difference).

The comfort is a personal thing and is usually depening specially in the shape and size of your ears. For me, for example, the Sony XM3 is very comfortable (but making my ears hot and sweating very soon). The Sony XM4 is similar design than XM3, and making my ears hot and sweating soon too, but is uncomfortable for me because my ears are touching one plastic part inside the eracups that becoming painful after about 30 mins, so the small physical design difference between the XM3 and XM4 making a big difference for my ears.

About the difference in sound quality between the ST and NC700 using Oratory1900's EQ settings (I know about Oratory1990) is difficult knowing for you specifically because not all headphones responding in the same way to EQ. BUT remember, the ST design is first as a very good wired headphone, with a very good driver, and the BT part is developing later, but is have a very unique and excellent implementation. So, even if you having similar EQ settings in both headphones, the actual performance (timbre, decay, etc.) maybe different, and this will depending in how good your ears are for discerning sonic differences.

I remember very well that the NC700 for me, for music and without using EQ, is problematic in the upper mids because is very accentuated, so increasing the volume a little more than 50% isn't good for my ears.

Guess nothing will beat trying them in a shop first.

Yes.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #1,284 of 1,865
Yes, I can understanding why not having multipoint connection is a reason for not buying the ST before for some people, specially when the ST is so expensive. So, yes, is a very good thing now this is available in the ST.

I use Zoom only (Teams never), but not often, so for testing this for you I needing more time and I don't know exactly when, I'm sorry.

The Bose NC700 is directed specially for people in business world, so the quick transition isn't a surprise for me. The call quality of the NC700 is probably the best I hearing from any headphone (and I owning about 40 different BT/ANC earphones/headphones in the past). Bose paying a lot of attention to this aspect of the NC700 when designing this headphone, and this is one reason why they are more expensive than QC 35 II when releasing.

The comfort is a personal thing and is usually depening specially in the shape and size of your ears. For me, for example, the Sony XM3 is very comfortable (but making my ears hot and sweating very soon). The Sony XM4 is similar design than XM3, and making my ears hot and sweating soon too, but is uncomfortable for me because my ears are touching one plastic part inside the eracups that becoming painful after about 30 mins, so the small physical design difference between the XM3 and XM4 making a big difference for my ears.

About the difference in sound quality between the ST and NC700 using Oratory1900's EQ settings (I know about Oratory1990) is difficult knowing for you specifically because not all headphones responding in the same way to EQ. BUT remember, the ST design is first as a very good wired headphone, with a very good driver, and the BT part is developing later, but is have a very unique and excellent implementation. So, even if you having similar EQ settings in both headphones, the actual performance (timbre, decay, etc.) maybe different, and this will depending in how good your ears are for discerning sonic differences.

I remember very well that the NC700 for me, for music and without using EQ, is problematic in the upper mids because is very accentuated, so increasing the volume a little more than 50% isn't good for my ears.

Yes.
Really, @angelom you're such a good writer, excellent reply!

Bang on agree with everything here, whilst learning on new stuff that I've yet to come across (Oratory1900 EQ), even if no of use to me currently.

Love this thread!

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #1,285 of 1,865
I can't be arsed to edit pics, so here, more Solitaire T in action in balanced mode, this time listening to Kaytranada's albums BUBBA (2019, RCA, 24 bit/44.1 kHz) and 99.9% (XL Recordings XLCD765, 16 bit/44.1 kHz) albums!

(Bonus on my Philips Hue lighting system and Asus Zenbook 14x UX5401ZAS laptop).

Attachments

• 20230624_152918.jpg
    20230624_152918.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230624_152807.jpg
    20230624_152807.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230624_152812.jpg
    20230624_152812.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230624_152821.jpg
    20230624_152821.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230624_164102.jpg
    20230624_164102.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Jun 24, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #1,286 of 1,865
T+A has a shorter 4.4mm balanced cable on the website than the one included in the box. Does anyone know where you could order one?

Jun 24, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #1,287 of 1,865
T+A has a shorter 4.4mm balanced cable on the website than the one included in the box. Does anyone know where you could order one?
It's the same quality cable as the one shipped with the headphones, only shorter. It's an ok cable but if you want to reach a higher level, Audiophile Ninja and Forza would be great options. As long as you make sure you share the correct wiring scheme with them :)

(see attached for 4.4mm wiring example)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221215_102757_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221215_102757_Gallery.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 0
Jun 24, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #1,288 of 1,865
The Sony XM4 is similar design than XM3, and making my ears hot and sweating soon too
I feel your pain, before I bought the NC700s I tried the XM5s and they made my ears boil within minutes, I think the drivers are too close to the ears for me and as much as I liked their functionality, I had to send them back, the NC700s are way deeper and based on your measurements for the STs I think they are too (fingers crossed).

So, even if you having similar EQ settings in both headphones, the actual performance (timbre, decay, etc.) maybe different, and this will depending in how good your ears are for discerning sonic differences.
When I listen to my Oppo PM-3s (also planar) with the Oppo HA-2 DAC/AMP (not EQd) I can hear a difference in detail and depth Vs the NC700s EQd, even though I have to say is close, the difference when the NC700s are not EQd is quite significant though.

Unfortunately the Oppo combo wasn't commute friendly enough for me, the headphones would make mechanical noises while walking briskly and also introduce artifacts in the sound quality and I was worried I would end up damaging them, so I gave up on them for commuting and started to use TWS buds, but I do prefer over heads.
How are the STs while walking with them? I have read that the Bathys' ANC makes weird noises when walking, hopefully the STs don't have issues like these.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #1,289 of 1,865
It's the same quality cable as the one shipped with the headphones, only shorter. It's an ok cable but if you want to reach a higher level, Audiophile Ninja and Forza would be great options. As long as you make sure you share the correct wiring scheme with them :)

(see attached for 4.4mm wiring example)
I recently purchase a shorter cable from Sky Audio Cables and am really happy with the quality and sound.

Jun 26, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #1,290 of 1,865
How are the STs while walking with them? I have read that the Bathys' ANC makes weird noises when walking, hopefully the STs don't have issues like these.

I'm sorry (again!), but I don't have this specific information for you because I never using the ST when I'm walking (I don't like doing this), so my use of the ST is always sitting down.

BUT one thing that is critical about the ST --and I really think that this critical aspect is more than with many others (ANC) headphones-- is that the position of the headphone AND the earcups in your head must be absolutely correct, because small differences in positioning affecting both the ANC performance AND sound quality. So, is very important that you spending sufficient time carefully AND patiently experimenting different head positions. This maybe obvious for some people, because is typical in all headphones, but I must insisting that my experience with the ST is that this positioning is a more critical aspect than with many others headphones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back