T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
May 13, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #1,231 of 1,874
Cheers @angelom!
Not a bad review, though short, but nevertheless glad to see more.

Am stoked that Porcupine Tree was mentioned!
For a fantastic stress test, play the Harridan track from Porcupine Tree's Closure/Continuation album, which in my opinion shows off the incredible performance that the Solitaire T is capable off, in any of its modes. This is especially true of the drums; lifelike is almost impossible to convey without your own listening experience, and Solitaire T nails it (especially in balanced mode if you have the equipment).
Absolutely recommend people to try it out!

I'm on my phone but here's a video link for the track: YouTube.

May 14, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #1,232 of 1,874
Cheers @angelom!
Not a bad review, though short, but nevertheless glad to see more.

Am stoked that Porcupine Tree was mentioned!
For a fantastic stress test, play the Harridan track from Porcupine Tree's Closure/Continuation album, which in my opinion shows off the incredible performance that the Solitaire T is capable off, in any of its modes. This is especially true of the drums; lifelike is almost impossible to convey without your own listening experience, and Solitaire T nails it (especially in balanced mode if you have the equipment).
Absolutely recommend people to try it out!

I'm on my phone but here's a video link for the track: YouTube.

In my now 88 tracks (yesterday I adding one more track by Mozart) 'test playlist' I have 1 Porcupine Tree track ('The Start of Something Beautiful') and 2 Steven Wilson tracks.

You can't denying, even if Porcupine Tree isn't your favourite type of music or not liking at all, that Steven Wilson is a very talented musician. BUT, I must adding that drummer Gavin Harrison is one unique drummer, one of the very, very more fine drummers in the last 70 years (yes, 70).

May 18, 2023 at 6:25 AM Post #1,233 of 1,874
Another high-end extreme-fi wireless/wired headphone enters the niche category of cans: Dali IO-12!

Priced at £999 / $1499 / €999, it a direct competitor to the Mark Levinson No. 5909.
Has latest wireless tech, and driver technology is based upon Dali's Soft Magnetic Compound tech which was first introduced in Dali's Kore flagship speakers.

However, in wired mode its only single-ended.

Will watch to see reactions and first hand reviews, especially compared to the mighty T+A Solitaire T!

Seriously, I see wireless/wired hybrid ultra-fi headphones incoming sooner than later too 😃
If T+A create a closed back P/P-SE wireless hybrid, I'd genuinely consider investing again too 😂🤪

Last edited:
May 18, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #1,234 of 1,874
Hi there, I own the t+a solitaire t since February and I am absolutely satisfied with it. I got them as a birthday present from my wife and my son. I tried them and the b&o topmodel. The solitaires are easily the better ones, even for an amateur listener like me, but I asked for the b&o ones, because I didnt want my family to spend so much money on me. Well, I got lucky.
I am just posting this to inform you that the solitaire t just got a design price.

https://ifdesign.com/en/winner-ranking/project/solitaire-t-highest-precision-headphones/565773

May 18, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #1,235 of 1,874
Hi there, I own the t+a solitaire t since February and I am absolutely satisfied with it. I got them as a birthday present from my wife and my son. I tried them and the b&o topmodel. The solitaires are easily the better ones, even for an amateur listener like me, but I asked for the b&o ones, because I didnt want my family to spend so much money on me. Well, I got lucky.
I am just posting this to inform you that the solitaire t just got a design price.

https://ifdesign.com/en/winner-ranking/project/solitaire-t-highest-precision-headphones/565773
Yay you are part of the club; glad that you are enjoying the Solitaire T too.

I still think B&O PX8 has its place, but due to its tuning I think it ought to warrant a lower price; Sony WH-1000XM5 could be EQ'ed to something similar to the signature of the PX8. However, for those who want that type of tuning from the PX8, especially for constant use in louder environments (where that bass emphasis can cut through better, whether using ANC or not) is great.
That said, I think the PX8 predecessor, PX7, is better sonically over the PX8, but obviously older.

For me, T+A Solitaire T is the benchmark, with the Mark Levinson No. 5909 being a fair alternative benchmark (and cheaper). All others have qualities that may benefit a person's use case or sonics, but in my opinion Solitaire T is very easy to enjoy in it's stock sonic signature and great for EQ'ing (should one wish to)!

Regarding the iF Design Award, posted about that earlier; see this link 😉

May 18, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #1,237 of 1,874
I still think B&O PX8 has its place, but due to its tuning I think it ought to warrant a lower price

I think leomaier is probably referring to the B&O H95 and not the B&W PX8. :)

Last edited:
May 18, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #1,238 of 1,874
May 19, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #1,239 of 1,874
We WISH we could save that cash ha ha! 😂
If I could, I'd have settled for the No. 5909 and reaped the savings towards the M17 and other gear.

However, this thread AND the features of the Solitaire T convinced me to go for it, and I ended up spending MOAR (FiiO M17, Shargeek Storm2, with MCRU Pure Silver DC Power Cable) 🤣

It just goes to show how much R&D goes into a product on the cost side, and though there will always be a markup, sometimes value in expensive products are tangible; can be seen, heard, or felt, like the T+A products.
I think I would be in this situation if it wasn't for the fact that my ideal portable listening is really done with my Sony a306 uncapped version along with the IER Z1R. the combination to my ears is just so good that I'll put up with wires. at home I used it's bigger brother that a.m.2 with the MDR Z1R. as such the solitaire t Even though I absolutely loved it was such a small window of uses mainly airplane travel that I couldn't justify it to myself. at least not until I start my new job and see a significant pay raise 😂

May 19, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #1,240 of 1,874
I think I would be in this situation if it wasn't for the fact that my ideal portable listening is really done with my Sony a306 uncapped version along with the IER Z1R. the combination to my ears is just so good that I'll put up with wires. at home I used it's bigger brother that a.m.2 with the MDR Z1R. as such the solitaire t Even though I absolutely loved it was such a small window of uses mainly airplane travel that I couldn't justify it to myself. at least not until I start my new job and see a significant pay raise 😂
Those IEM's are legendary, especially on bass output and slam, and are machined to look like jewellery (inspired by hammer techniques from the watch industry).

In my case, the biggest side-effect beyond the high-costs of purchasing the T+A Solitaire T and FiiO M17 (including accessories) was a massive investment to update my old music library, with new music (or new music to me) and/or updated high-resolution content. Further, I am finally able add a large amount of SACD two-channel content (DSD) into a transportable device, alongside other high-resolution music, and listen at home or anywhere!
Tidal (and especially when it returns to non-MQA content) remain my main discovery of emerging music and CD quality playback.

Should you ever come to obtain the Solitaire T again @Benesyed, I hope you enjoy it beyond its wireless modes (it's excellent in balanced wired mode!), but there are alternative options for everyone too, and your current setup is excellent as is.
Enjoy listening to music my friend! 🎧😊

Last edited:
May 23, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #1,241 of 1,874
Another high-end extreme-fi wireless/wired headphone enters the niche category of cans: Dali IO-12!

This is good news for the competition of high-end BT/ANC headphones. Maybe what is more interesting for me is that Dali isn't offering an app for the IO-12, similar like they don't offering an app for IO-6 and IO4. Brave option by Dali!, BUT I'm not really sure this is a good thing in today's (BT/ANC) world.

I will waiting for Maukey's opinion (and possible review) of this new Dali headphone, specially comparing with the very excellent ST and 5909. :)

Seriously, I see wireless/wired hybrid ultra-fi headphones incoming sooner than later too 😃
If T+A create a closed back P/P-SE wireless hybrid, I'd genuinely consider investing again too 😂🤪

Some of us have big spoilt. I supposing I'm guilty of this in some way too, but I must saying that I using my H95 for almost 2 years and my 5909 for 8 months. Eight days ago is the 6 months 'anniversary' of my very excellent Solitaire T. After 6 months and 8 days the ST is still a very exciting listening experience for me. This is very good sign.

For me, after owning the 5909, and now the ST, if a new (very) expensive BT/ANC headphone isn't have at least as good tonal balance as the ST, I don't care for the new technology (hybrid or not). A good tonal balance is critical and the ST's tonal balance is difficult for improving.

Last edited:
May 25, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #1,242 of 1,874
Recommendation to new Solitaire T owners, and something that I already mentioned earlier... Rearange your case to accommodate the SolT like this to prevent early scuffing and scratching 😇😁
My cases has a cloth insert sewn in the middle of the box to protect the two sides from touching. Not sure if all of the cases are like this.

Attachments

• PXL_20230525_052829994.jpg
    PXL_20230525_052829994.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230525_052821384.jpg
    PXL_20230525_052821384.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
May 25, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #1,243 of 1,874
My cases has a cloth insert sewn in the middle of the box to protect the two sides from touching. Not sure if all of the cases are like this.
Mine is, as are most.

However, the issue is actually to do with the metal parts of the earcup and headband that touch.
PXL_20230525_052829994.jpg

@WDitters solution is what some of us have employed, as the case has enough room for that orientation.
Here's my Solitaire T in my case (the divider flap is folded down):
PSX_20230525_172335.jpg

May 28, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #1,244 of 1,874
Anyone knows upgrade cables for passive and active listening to improve the soundstage sounding fuller and wider? Thanks.

May 28, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #1,245 of 1,874
Anyone knows upgrade cables for passive and active listening to improve the soundstage sounding fuller and wider? Thanks.
Very good question. It’s interesting that the stock cable does not maximize the potential unless you use an amp with a lot of power. Try that first.

I’ve tried lavricable grand which surprisingly changed the timber not in a good way. I usually like the Lavricable.

The audioninja cable is the best for me so far. Can’t explain why but you also need less volume and power to drive with this cable than stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back