T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Mar 16, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #1,787 of 1,830
This morning I decided to try out the Solitaire T off my desktop rig. I was very pleasantly surprised.It sounds good!

IMG_3700.jpeg

Mar 17, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #1,788 of 1,830
Moon Audio seems to have some options:

https://www.moon-audio.com/silver-d...MIuqLV_8L5hAMVz3FHAR1NNwSiEAQYAiABEgLXlPD_BwE

What type of 2.5mm connector would be the same as that T+A utilizes?
The ST has special wiring for its cable.

It’s not complicated and @WDitters posted it. If you buy from audiophile ninja, you’re fine. Anywhere else you’ll need to request a custom made cable.

Corpse cables will do it for you. He uses cardas copper cables that are flexible and not microphonic.

Mar 18, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #1,789 of 1,830
The ST has special wiring for its cable.

It’s not complicated and @WDitters posted it. If you buy from audiophile ninja, you’re fine. Anywhere else you’ll need to request a custom made cable.

Corpse cables will do it for you. He uses cardas copper cables that are flexible and not microphonic.
Thanks for your recommendation.

I did contact Corpse Cables but unfortunately they said they cannot make the cable to the unavailability of quality 2.5mm jack and threaded 3.5mm jack components. T+A is obviously sourcing these parts! Frustrating!

Mar 18, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #1,790 of 1,830
Thanks for your recommendation.

I did contact Corpse Cables but unfortunately they said they cannot make the cable to the unavailability of quality 2.5mm jack and threaded 3.5mm jack components. T+A is obviously sourcing these parts! Frustrating!
Mwah I'd check with Forza Audioworks. Matt has my wiring diagram and knows how to make cables specific to the Solitaire T. I am overjoyed with the Claire HPC MK2 he made for me.

Mar 21, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #1,791 of 1,830
Ok, this is kind of a dumb post, but… I took a chance and picked up a pair of white SolT, feeling confident I’d enjoy them thanks to the numerous thoughtful comments in this thread but also secure knowing I could return if I didn’t.

These sound ****ing amazing, both wirelessly and even though modest sources like an iFi Go Link and AAC files. I’m gobsmacked at how effortlessly they present details, and without any fatigue. And damn, these are super light, compact, and comfy.

Very very pleased so far. For me, these seem like the one pair to rule them all—their value proposition delivered in full.

Mar 21, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #1,792 of 1,830
Ok, this is kind of a dumb post, but… I took a chance and picked up a pair of white SolT, feeling confident I’d enjoy them thanks to the numerous thoughtful comments in this thread but also secure knowing I could return if I didn’t.

These sound ****ing amazing, both wirelessly and even though modest sources like an iFi Go Link and AAC files. I’m gobsmacked at how effortlessly they present details, and without any fatigue. And damn, these are super light, compact, and comfy.

Very very pleased so far. For me, these seem like the one pair to rule them all—their value proposition delivered in full.
Welcome on board mate ... :xf_cool:

Mar 21, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #1,793 of 1,830
I took a chance and picked up a pair of white SolT, feeling confident I’d enjoy them thanks to the numerous thoughtful comments in this thread

Interesting after so very long time...

Maybe you can going back in this thread and giving some likes to some (or many) of my contributions in this thread, specially after some of the terrible behaviour that you (always) witnessing in the PX8 thread by several PX8 fanboys going in my direction. But, even after all this time, is good seeing that you are experiencing the excellence of the ST.

Mar 21, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #1,794 of 1,830

Welcome to the club. You will find out that whereever you go SolT will deliver. They sound amazing passive through my desktop amp or my ibasso 320 and as well amazing through ANC and HQ modes. I have taken them through long flights and cruises to Antarctica and near North Pole. They always deliver.

Mar 21, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #1,795 of 1,830
Interesting after so very long time...

Maybe you can going back in this thread and giving some likes to some (or many) of my contributions in this thread, specially after some of the terrible behaviour that you (always) witnessing in the PX8 thread by several PX8 fanboys going in my direction. But, even after all this time, is good seeing that you are experiencing the excellence of the ST.
Yeah, that drama was absolutely stupid. I stopped checking both threads as I find that argumentative and insulting side of Head-Fi to be pointless. But I’m glad it’s subsided now. I still love my tan Px8s but they are not on the same level as these (which TBH is to be expected as both headphones fulfill very different use cases). And I appreciate the posts you made about the SolT along the way 🙏
Welcome to the club. You will find out that whereever you go SolT will deliver. They sound amazing passive through my desktop amp or my ibasso 320 and as well amazing through ANC and HQ modes. I have taken them through long flights and cruises to Antarctica and near North Pole. They always deliver.
I am so happy to hear that. Going to test them on a cross-country flight in a few weeks. Really like the idea of having a single pair of exquisitely-voiced headphones that work as well when on the go as when at home listening in peace. I feel like that was always the most difficult thing about other ANC headphones; you could only squeeze so much critical detail out of them and even that required a bunch of extra work. I’m shocked T+A managed all of this in such a small, light, and comfy pair of cans.

Mar 21, 2024 at 8:09 PM Post #1,796 of 1,830
I am so happy to hear that. Going to test them on a cross-country flight in a few weeks. Really like the idea of having a single pair of exquisitely-voiced headphones that work as well when on the go as when at home listening in peace. I feel like that was always the most difficult thing about other ANC headphones; you could only squeeze so much critical detail out of them and even that required a bunch of extra work. I’m shocked T+A managed all of this in such a small, light, and comfy pair of cans.

Agree. Aside from taking them on a flight, I have run them through all the use scenario, of which there are many, and the Solitaire T has excelled thus far. I shall be spending a few weeks in hospital for some treatment which promises to be tedious and traumatic. I am glad that a month or so before this period, I decided to take the plunge with the Solitaire T. It will serve me well. :)

Mar 22, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #1,798 of 1,830

Don’t sleep on the Dalis!

Mar 23, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #1,800 of 1,830
Hello,

I am a total noob and despite not being an audiophile I am looking at purchasing a Solitaire T.

I have a question if you don’t mind. Say I want to listen high quality music using a cable (as I believe with Bluetooth it’s not possible due to compression). Say I would like to use Apple Music on my MacBook Pro and my IPhone 14.

1) I believe for the MacBook Pro I should be ok using a usb-c cable, as the Solitaire T can play at least CD quality (44.1kHz) using such cable.

2) However if I want to use my iPhone 14 (lightening port, not usb-c) I would need an adapter to start with. But do I need an external DAC in this case or not? I just need to make sure a normal lightening to 3,5mm jack adapter can provide the hi-res quality?

3) Basically I would appreciate if someone could shed a light on how to operate these headphones at their best capabilities (at least 96 kHz) using Apple Music and two devices iPhone and MacBook Pro both via cables.

What would I need?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back