T+A Solitaire T Wireless Headphone
Mar 9, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #1,771 of 1,830
T+A increasing the price of the Solitaire T by approx 7% in Europe (from €1300 to €1390), in the USA by approx 6% (from $1600 to $1700) and in the UK by approx 8% (from £1200 to £1290).

The ST is now approx 40% more expensive than the Dali iO-12 in Europe (€1400 vs €1000), approx 30% more expensive in the USA ($1700 vs $1300) and approx 30% more expensive in the UK (£1300 vs £1000).

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #1,772 of 1,830
...why I mentioning only the Dali iO-12 in my previous post and not the ML 5909 (or Focal Bathys)? Because for me the iO-12 is really the only ANC headphone that competing 100% with the ST in sound quality (and is better, for me, in some others aspects too). In a blind test I still think more people ---even people with good audiophile ears--- will choosing the iO-12 than the ST when speaking about sound quality only. I personally prefer the ST's sound but only by a very, VERY small margin like I mentioning in my final comparative test post of more than 300 tracks after buying the ST for a second time recently.

A 30-40% price difference between this two headphones for me isn't have a good justification. Maybe 10% difference, and this is principally because T+A is a more boutique company. I think that even from a curiosity point of view several people in this thread must trying the iO-12, if possible, with not bias thoughts about price differences and the possible prospect of needing selling their ST. Of course everybody's (sound) preferences and necessities are different (the ST is more portable, for example, and the iO-12 is have very superior playback controls, a critical aspect for me personally).

Mar 12, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #1,773 of 1,830
A big thanks to everyone who came out to CANJAM 2024 NYC and to the people who helped organize it. It was a great show with an awesome turn out! Met a lot of great people and discovered some great new music.

Here is a photograph of the T+A Solitaire T overlooking Times Square for your enjoyment.

TimesquareSolT copy.jpg

Mar 13, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #1,774 of 1,830
Hi all, I experienced today a new problem with ST. I had difficulties to connect ST to my MacBook Pro with bluetooth, and when I at last succeeded, The gentleman within ST tells me every few minutes "Connected". I know that I'm connected, and it's annoying to hear that so often. Has anyone else experienced this, and how did you get rid of it? Thanks for the advice.

Mar 13, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #1,775 of 1,830
Hi all, I experienced today a new problem with ST. I had difficulties to connect ST to my MacBook Pro with bluetooth, and when I at last succeeded, The gentleman within ST tells me every few minutes "Connected". I know that I'm connected, and it's annoying to hear that so often. Has anyone else experienced this, and how did you get rid of it? Thanks for the advice.

I never having this problem in my year with the ST. My suggestion is that you look at the manual and do a full factory reset.

Mar 13, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #1,777 of 1,830
Were you on a call? If I'm connected to multiple devices and on a call, I hear "Connected" every 30-60 seconds. I have to disconnect from the second device. I've reported this to T+A, and I'd encourage you to do the same.

Mar 15, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #1,780 of 1,830
A big thanks to everyone who came out to CANJAM 2024 NYC and to the people who helped organize it. It was a great show with an awesome turn out! Met a lot of great people and discovered some great new music.

Here is a photograph of the T+A Solitaire T overlooking Times Square for your enjoyment.

TimesquareSolT copy.jpg
It was wonderful accidentally meeting you on the plane haha. Didn't know you before or plan it but it happened! Enjoyed the Ramen we ate together.

Mar 16, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #1,782 of 1,830
I have been having a difficult time finding a longer, and better quality, 2.5mm to 3.5mm headphone jack cable (with a threaded 3.5mm end for using the 3.5mm to 4.4mm jack adapter provided with the Solitaire T headphones) or, alternatively, a high quality, longer 2.5mm to 4.4mm cable for attaching to my A/V system headphone jack directly. I have not been able to find it on proaudiola.com website although I was expecting to see an option to have such a cable custom made by them.

Can anyone provide some recommendations where I might purchase, or have custom made, such a cable in the US? Also, should the wiring on this cable have the "standard" wire configuration attachments or has T+A used a proprietary configuration on this cable as well?

Thank you!

John

Mar 16, 2024 at 3:25 PM Post #1,783 of 1,830
I have been having a difficult time finding a longer, and better quality, 2.5mm to 3.5mm headphone jack cable (with a threaded 3.5mm end for using the 3.5mm to 4.4mm jack adapter provided with the Solitaire T headphones) or, alternatively, a high quality, longer 2.5mm to 4.4mm cable for attaching to my A/V system headphone jack directly. I have not been able to find it on proaudiola.com website although I was expecting to see an option to have such a cable custom made by them.

Can anyone provide some recommendations where I might purchase, or have custom made, such a cable in the US? Also, should the wiring on this cable have the "standard" wire configuration attachments or has T+A used a proprietary configuration on this cable as well?

Thank you!

John
I bought one from https://www.audiophileninja.com/product/ta-solitaire/

It doesn't have the threaded end, and the rough sleeve makes it transmit sound when rubbed against clothing, but it's good quality. That may not be what you're looking for.

Mar 16, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #1,785 of 1,830

Users who are viewing this thread

Back