Symphonium Titan - Impressions and reviews
Apr 18, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #286 of 364
Cables also have their own impedances and capacitance (they add resistance to the overall chain).
The difference between cables might be minute in most cases but given the low impedance of the Titan this difference is amplified which explains why your other cable may exhibit less distortion.

A Rule of Thumb is to use USB C Ports > Lightning Ports for Dongles.
It's pretty well known that some dongles have power issues running out of Lightning ports due to power consumption limitations by Apple.
This isn't necessarily limited to Titan, but naturally having a low impedance earphone does stress test things.

100%. Not all devices are equipped to handle low impedance loads effectively.
Some dongles may struggle in delivering sufficient current to low impedance devices, a situation further complicated by the constraints of lightning ports.

Also it's unfortunate but most device manufacturers only publish their highest output power rating because they want their specs to look good.
This means you only know how the device performs with a specific load (usually either 16 ohms, 32 ohms or 300 ohms) under optimal conditions.
There basically isn't much standardization between manufacturers regarding this.

Here is a list that we have been circulating internally in our Discord of recommended sources that work better with our stuff.
This list was originally from @Chang at Subtonic (Thanks!) but was modified slightly between me and Felix at Symphonium.

Amps: PA10, Mojo2, Hugo2, Tsuranagi, Enleum HPA-23RM, K9 Pro ESS, K9 AKM, Mass Kobo 433
DAPs: RS2, R6PROii, RS6, RS8, PAW 6000, M17, DX300, DX320, SE300, LPGT, M9+, DX300MAX Ti, DX320MAX Ti
Portable Amps: PA10, Tsuranagi, MASS-Kobo 475, Enleum HPA-23RM, iFi Gryphon
Transportable DAC/Amps: Fiio Q7, Fiio Q15, xDuoo XD05 Pro, Chord Mojo2, AK CA1000T, QLS QA390LE, Chord Hugo2
Dongles: MBQuart MB21p, Audirect Atom 3, Fosi DS1, Hiby FC4, xDuoo Link2 Bal Max, L&P W2/W4, Hiby FC6, Lotoo Paw S1, Dita Navigator, Acoustune AS2002

Regards,
AFUL Snowy Night drives the Crimson just fine. I guess it would also handle the Titan without much problem.

Apr 18, 2024 at 7:43 PM Post #287 of 364
Finally received my Titans today and initial impressions are quite positive. Everything that others have mentioned in this thread are 100% accurate, I've never felt bass like this from an IEM, it was quite jarring at first but my brain eventually got used to it. But more importantly, it's the cleanliness of the Mids and Highs that really surprised me. First impressions are off of a Questyle M15 on high gain and everything sounds great, there is plenty of headroom.

Shuffling through some songs in my library, I think they all sounded coherent with excellent timbre. Soundstage is adequate and detail retrieval is above average in my opinion. I'll be doing some more comparisons to other IEMs I own but it may not be a fair fight lol. Note to self: Take at least a 15 minute break before listening to another IEM after Titan. :L3000:

I'll be honest, this was a blind buy and I'm not disappointed. Congrats to the Symphonium team on another great release.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 8:48 PM Post #288 of 364
Finally received my Titans today and initial impressions are quite positive. Everything that others have mentioned in this thread are 100% accurate, I've never felt bass like this from an IEM, it was quite jarring at first but my brain eventually got used to it. But more importantly, it's the cleanliness of the Mids and Highs that really surprised me. First impressions are off of a Questyle M15 on high gain and everything sounds great, there is plenty of headroom.

Shuffling through some songs in my library, I think they all sounded coherent with excellent timbre. Soundstage is adequate and detail retrieval is above average in my opinion. I'll be doing some more comparisons to other IEMs I own but it may not be a fair fight lol. Note to self: Take at least a 15 minute break before listening to another IEM after Titan. :L3000:

I'll be honest, this was a blind buy and I'm not disappointed. Congrats to the Symphonium team on another great release.
Any comment on vocals? Are they forward or recessed or balanced?

Apr 18, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #290 of 364
What's everyone else enjoying with their Titans?
OK, I'm obsessed...
I mostly listen to rock and metal adjacent (lol) music, and the titan definitely delivers.
Right now I'm Listening to Queens of the Stone Age's "songs for the deaf" and it sounds amazing, not muddy, just "full", I love it.

Earlier today I was listening to a live concert of Corey Taylor with an acoustic guitar on YouTube and that guitar, man, it sounds great.

And not rock at all but Rosalia's "despecha" sounds great as well on these haha

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 1:16 AM Post #291 of 364
Listening to everything from Metallica to Taylor Swift. Randomly playing the recommended stuff on Tidal. Everything is fun.

This list is particularly interesting.
https://tidal.com/browse/mix/00108f63183c7555a7d48837a62ab5

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 1.14.04 PM.png

Attachments

• 1713503663927.png
    1713503663927.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Apr 19, 2024 at 6:49 AM Post #292 of 364
its not really weird; its just math. take a 32 ohm load (regular iem) and 3 ohm load (titan)
using ohm's law: given the output of a dongle at 320mw, the current draw would be higher for Titan (approx. .32A) compared to a 32 ohm load (approx .1A). (these values are just to illustrate the effects of ohms law)

100%. Not all devices are equipped to handle low impedance loads effectively.
Some dongles may struggle in delivering sufficient current to low impedance devices, a situation further complicated by the constraints of lightning ports.

Also it's unfortunate but most device manufacturers only publish their highest output power rating because they want their specs to look good.
This means you only know how the device performs with a specific load (usually either 16 ohms, 32 ohms or 300 ohms) under optimal conditions.
There basically isn't much standardization between manufacturers regarding this.

in an ideal world with perfect information, what should we look for in a dac to adequately drive the titan?

Apr 19, 2024 at 7:12 AM Post #293 of 364
in an ideal world with perfect information, what should we look for in a dac to adequately drive the titan?
you shouldn't be looking at spec sheets if you want something for listening in the first place....

but in all seriousness, a powerful amp is always a plus. specs sheets are a good guide, but don't take them as gospel. as much as possible I'd reccomend trying out gear and seeing how you like it.

for starters, there is a list compiled by @ZeroChad which should give a idea of what is suitable for Titan (and other Symphonium IEMs).

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 7:14 AM Post #294 of 364
This list was originally from @Chang at Subtonic (Thanks!) but was modified slightly between me and Felix at Symphonium.

Amps: PA10, Mojo2, Hugo2, Tsuranagi, Enleum HPA-23RM, K9 Pro ESS, K9 AKM, Mass Kobo 433
DAPs: RS2, R6PROii, RS6, RS8, PAW 6000, M17, DX300, DX320, SE300, LPGT, M9+, DX300MAX Ti, DX320MAX Ti
Portable Amps: PA10, Tsuranagi, MASS-Kobo 475, Enleum HPA-23RM, iFi Gryphon
Transportable DAC/Amps: Fiio Q7, Fiio Q15, xDuoo XD05 Pro, Chord Mojo2, AK CA1000T, QLS QA390LE, Chord Hugo2
Dongles: MBQuart MB21p, Audirect Atom 3, Fosi DS1, Hiby FC4, xDuoo Link2 Bal Max, L&P W2/W4, Hiby FC6, Lotoo Paw S1, Dita Navigator, Acoustune AS2002

Apr 19, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #296 of 364
Well i have an open question to their support team via email (havent heard back yet) if the two dongles I have are going to be adequate to drive these.

Lotoo paw s2 and L&P W2

I don't see your email but given that the W2/W4 is on the list, there's a good chance it will work.

Note: The list is not a guarantee, but rather a guideline based on what we've tested and found to generally perform well with lower impedance IEMs.

Symphonium Audio Proudly Designed and Manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Symphonium Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/symphoniumaudio https://twitter.com/SymphoniumAudio https://www.instagram.com/symphoniumaudio/ https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/ info@symphoniumaudio.com
Apr 19, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #297 of 364
Don't do it! Wife is like W.T.F do you need so many? I am like, this is V, this is bassy, that one is reference, another one I just ordered is neutral bright. I am starting to think it's an addiction!IMG_6869.jpeg
How does the Titan perform on the DX260? I guess this might be a good combo... and accidentally, I also have the 260. Could you please emphasize on that pairing a little? Would be great 👍

Apr 19, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #298 of 364
I don't see your email but given that the W2/W4 is on the list, there's a good chance it will work.

Note: The list is not a guarantee, but rather a guideline based on what we've tested and found to generally perform well with lower impedance IEMs.
strange.. here it is. also u didnt comment on lotoo paw s2? am guessing there maybe concerns there off of ligthning?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 2.18.35 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 2.18.35 PM.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 0
Apr 19, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #299 of 364
strange.. here it is. also u didnt comment on lotoo paw s2? am guessing there maybe concerns there off of ligthning?

Oops forgot to type it.

I think the S1 is in the list but I don't think we've tested the S2 yet but it should work as well given that it has a bit more power output rating.

For all dongles our general recommendation is you output from a USB C port so you don't get current limited.

Last edited:
Symphonium Audio Proudly Designed and Manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Symphonium Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/symphoniumaudio https://twitter.com/SymphoniumAudio https://www.instagram.com/symphoniumaudio/ https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/ info@symphoniumaudio.com
Apr 19, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #300 of 364
it’s good, very spacious soundstage. On a lesser IEM, the bass might feel anemic on the reference presentation of the DX260. But the Titan has got such a big bass shelf, you won’t find it lacking.

Since the Titan is balanced, you won’t feel like the DX260 is killing the warmth. It will do that on warm leaning IEMs.

The DX260 is also technical enough to bring out the goodness of the Titan.

I prefer it on the Xduoo XD05. Where the dynamics is excellent and pairs very well with all of Symphonium’s stuff. However the DX260 is convenient.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back