Symphonium Titan - Impressions and reviews
Mar 14, 2024 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 350

domq422

100+ Head-Fier
The title says it all, the Symphonium Audio Titan is the newest offering from the small Singaporean IEM manufacture that was showcased over the last weekend at CanJam NYC. With the tuning being greenlit by the R&D department after overwhelmingly good feedback, I wanted to hear everyone's impressions on them and start a general discussion before the official release and hopefully keep the train moving once units start landing! I know a few folks on here got the chance to hear the Titan and from everything I have seen so far, it's all been pretty positive which I absolutely agree with.

My impressions from CanJam NYC 2024 of the Symphonium Titan - wow. Now THIS is bass that digs very very deep. Some of the best Sub-bass rumble and tactility I’ve heard in a little bit. This set very much reminded me of an improved Monarch MK3, with better mid-bass control, sub-bass texture, and a similar technicality suite. These also have a “hidden” vent for that 8mm DD so there was 0 discomfort or pressure build-up - Thank goodness. “I’m very intrigued” is what I wrote in my notes whilst I was listening, but holy crap, boys… These have lived in my head rent-free for the past 2 days. According to Felix (Symphonium R&D guy), these will retail for $1000 and IMO, that’s a crazy good price for these. I was expecting more like $1,500+. Which sounds crazy to say... trust me I know. But listening to the other Kilobuck IEMs both from the show and at home over the last 2 years, trust me, these are a bit different. Look out for these if you’re a bass-head or enjoy a good slam and rumble.

I'm pretty hyped about the release in the coming month.

8197e69329bfa52d8acb06db561060e0ab10c6fc.jpeg

840491d0e8c2a1edec440922cc0b7192d12871d7.jpeg

Mar 14, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #3 of 350
I also really enjoyed this set and they were one of my standouts from the show. I'm looking forward to getting more ear time on these eventually. That bass was addictive and the tuning was very inoffensive and easy to listen to.

Beautiful photos, love the aesthetics.
I think that's the perfect way to describe the bass - Addictive.

Thanks so much on the compliments, I wish I brought my camera!

Mar 14, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #4 of 350
Just going to copy/paste my impressions from the Symphonium thread...

Was eyeing the Titan the whole time I was demo'ing the Storm and Singularity, wondering what that cool-looking blue IEM was. They asked if I wanted to hear an IEM with more bass and more forward vocals than the Singularity and I'm like sure. So glad they asked if I wanted to demo the Titan before I was about to get up and give up my spot.

The Titan is basshead done right. Dare I say, it's the best basshead IEM in the world. That crazy bass shelf doesn't get in the way of the other frequencies, but it's definitely very prominent. Besides the huge bass, everything was balanced, smooth, and detailed. Incredible IEM. Titan needs a lot juice to power properly, as much as the Storm.

1 8mm DD + 2 custom BAs at $1,000

Vs. Monarch MKIII -
Titan is obviously a lot more bassy than MMK3. Not as detailed or precise, nor does it have as good of imaging and other technicalities, but good enough for most music genres. Only tested about 4-5 songs with Titan but I can safely say it's a great all-arounder IEM just like MMK3, but with a big boost to bass. Titan does seem to have a more refined tonality compared to MMK3, which already has great tonality to my ears. Titan is a super engaging IEM that makes you feel the music.

Vs. Scarlet Mini -
Compared to Scarlet Mini, Titan is more refined overall, has better controlled bass, and is more balanced. Scarlet Mini has more boomy, bigger bass that shakes the head/eardrums/ear canals more.

Titan has better treble in my opinion. Compared to Titan, Scarlet's treble is zingy, sharp, sibilant, and thin, especially if not paired with the right eartips. I can't really listen to Scarlet without using SpinFit CP145. However, Scarlet's treble is very detailed and has very good instrument separation and incisiveness for a basshead IEM. Impressive technicalities.

I like both the Scarlet Mini and Titan a lot, but I prefer the Titan more. Both are top tier basshead IEMs. Titan is like the classy, refined, controlled version of Scarlet Mini, which is more like a wild child. Both are small, lightweight, and comfortable, but Scarlet Mini is smaller and lighter. Titan fits my ears better though.

Symphonium guys said their plan is to get it released by Singapore CanJam, which is in 3 weeks. I wish them luck with this release. It's going to be a huge hit in my opinion. I don't normally get hyped for an expensive IEM, besides Monarch MKIII, but the Titan is it. It's that good.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #5 of 350
I'm a big fan of the Crimson so I'm looking forward to bringing home its bassier, blue sibling.

By the way, where's the location of the vent? The shells look pretty much the same as the Crimson so I'm curious.

Mar 14, 2024 at 8:24 PM Post #6 of 350
I'm a big fan of the Crimson so I'm looking forward to bringing home its bassier, blue sibling.

By the way, where's the location of the vent? The shells look pretty much the same as the Crimson so I'm curious.
I didn’t ask the rep for some reason but I can message them to find out! But I believe it was on the nozzle opening?

I know that sounds weird but there was a small there, definitely something I’ve never seen before.

Mar 14, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #7 of 350
I didn’t ask the rep for some reason but I can message them to find out! But I believe it was on the nozzle opening?

I know that sounds weird but there was a small there, definitely something I’ve never seen before.
I swear I have seen a vent hole on the ear facing side of the earpieces in one of the photos. Did I hallucinate?

Mar 14, 2024 at 11:17 PM Post #8 of 350
I swear I have seen a vent hole on the ear facing side of the earpieces in one of the photos. Did I hallucinate?
Hmm I think so, because the first thing I did was look at the shells pretty carefully to find out where this “hidden” vent is… I couldn’t see anything but I could have missed it for sure

Mar 15, 2024 at 2:22 AM Post #9 of 350
Look forward to this one, been already very close to buy Crimson. This is even more tempting, as a basshead I need it 🤭

1000029364.gif

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2024 at 8:20 AM Post #10 of 350
Look forward to this one, been already very close to buy Crimson. This is even more tempting, as a basshead I need it 🤭

Dude, crimson is great no doubt about it, but if you’re a lover of getting shaken up by some sick sub bass without sacrificing the rest of the frequencies…. Just be a little patient, trust me!

Mar 15, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #12 of 350
Can you compare them (bass) to some IEMs that you own or have tried?
64 Audio Nio, IER Z1R, Kinera Nanna 2.1...?

Cheers!
I would love to, but just doing it off memory would not be doing the Titan justice or any of the other IEMs as well. The last thing I wanna do is be disingenuous!

The IEM I personally own with the most bass is the Maestro Mini, but I have tried so many IEMs at this point, it’s hard to really start.

Before the Titan, I’d say the IEM with the best bass I’ve heard is probably the VE EXT, or one of the FiR IEMs (I can’t remember which one). Those are both Mid-bass MONSTERS with tons of pop and character in kick drums and bass guitars. The Titan is more so focused on giving you that incredible rumble in the sub bass, but also having a thumpy and deep mid bass, rather than it being snappy like, for example, a beryllium driver would provide.

Hopefully, I’ll have my pair shortly after the release and being to give some more detailed impressions 🤝

Mar 15, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #13 of 350
Hopefully, I’ll have my pair shortly after the release and being to give some more detailed impressions 🤝
Fair enough. :)

I'm looking forward to reading more. The shape looks fine to me. It reminds me of 64 Audio, which is very comfortable for me.
What's the material? Perhaps it's already mentioned...

Cheers!

Mar 15, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #14 of 350
Fair enough. :)

I'm looking forward to reading more. The shape looks fine to me. It reminds me of 64 Audio, which is very comfortable for me.
What's the material? Perhaps it's already mentioned...

Cheers!
Titan seems to be a very similar, if not the same shape as the Crimson, maybe a little smaller? So for my ears, they are very comfortable with a semi deep fit. The nozzle is much thicker than 64 audio IEMs but I get what you’re sayin, they’re definitely somewhat similar!

Mar 15, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #15 of 350
Wow didn't expect a thread so soon but thank you!
I will add this to the official thread ^^

Here is a better pic, you can better see the gold accented faceplates here.

DSC_3577-Edit.jpg

The vent is not at the nozzle, that wouldn't make sense as the nozzle area is sealed by the eartips during use.
I'm not allowed to say where it is right now but we'll definitely release that during the launch.

Symphonium Audio Proudly Designed and Manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Symphonium Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/symphoniumaudio https://twitter.com/SymphoniumAudio https://www.instagram.com/symphoniumaudio/ https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/ info@symphoniumaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back