Symphonium Titan - Impressions and reviews
Mar 15, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #31 of 415
As a listener of mostly electronic/techno music I figure I’ll have to give the titan a listen, it looks very nice and low-key which I like., is there a frequency response graph anywhere I can look at?

Not at the moment, we'll be releasing it on our site once the product launches.
We expect to have everything up by CanJam SG next month!

Symphonium Audio Proudly Designed and Manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Symphonium Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/symphoniumaudio https://twitter.com/SymphoniumAudio https://www.instagram.com/symphoniumaudio/ https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/ info@symphoniumaudio.com
Mar 15, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #32 of 415
As a listener of mostly electronic/techno music I figure I’ll have to give the titan a listen, it looks very nice and low-key which I like., is there a frequency response graph anywhere I can look at?

Not yet!

Mar 15, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #33 of 415
Last edited:
Mar 15, 2024 at 8:14 PM Post #34 of 415
Since Titan is going to go toe to toe with Monarch III at $1k, do they trade blow in resolution, sound positioning and layering?

When Symphonium said “between meteor and helios”, I was hoping for 7-800USD price tag though 😂 I don’t need any IEM anymore to fill in gaps in my collection, but I want another Symphonium. Let’s see whether it would the the crimson, helios SE, or Titan

Mar 15, 2024 at 8:35 PM Post #35 of 415
Being interested, I should ask those who've heard this: what other high end IEMs are you a fan of? My all time favorite (which I regret selling) is the Xe6, but I've also tried and enjoyed the Ne4, EXT, and a couple 64 Audio models. Any similarities with some of those?

Mar 15, 2024 at 8:55 PM Post #36 of 415
Being interested, I should ask those who've heard this: what other high end IEMs are you a fan of? My all time favorite (which I regret selling) is the Xe6, but I've also tried and enjoyed the Ne4, EXT, and a couple 64 Audio models. Any similarities with some of those?

Radon 6 would probably suite you better than XE6 if you like Symphonium sound.

Mar 15, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #37 of 415
Since Titan is going to go toe to toe with Monarch III at $1k, do they trade blow in resolution, sound positioning and layering?
Nope.

I already posted a short comparison between them. It's not a very comprehensive, lengthy comparison because I could only demo Titan for about 4-5 songs and didn't A/B it with MMK3, but it should be a somewhat accurate impression/opinion from me.

When Symphonium said “between meteor and helios”, I was hoping for 7-800USD price tag though 😂 I don’t need any IEM anymore to fill in gaps in my collection, but I want another Symphonium. Let’s see whether it would the the crimson, helios SE, or Titan

You could always wait over half a year or until the end of the year to save some money and get it at the price point you want during sales. Or wait for the secondary market.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #38 of 415
Hmmm from memory It's so hard to compare the Titans to any other high-end IEM just because I feel like the sub-bass texture and tactility really stood out to me, more than most other IEMs around the same price range and above in most cases, but I'll give it a shot. I'm listening to the Crimsons as we speak and even though these are quite a bit more expensive with a Sub-bass emphasis, there really isn't a comparison here. The Titan was just better for me.

The only TOTL* "Basshead" IEMs I've ever tried would be the Grand Maestro/Maestro SE, the FiR RN6 (Is this considered Basshead?), and the VE EXT. The EXT had substantial mid-bass punch, some of the best I've ever heard, and the FiR had crazy texture with that Kinetic bass tech they have. The Titan has some of the craziest Sub-bass rumbles I've experienced without sounding bloated or dull around the edges like the Scarlet Mini for example. I'm known for rambling a bit much so bare with me lol

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #39 of 415
Vs. Scarlet Mini -
Compared to Scarlet Mini, Titan is more refined overall, has better controlled bass, and is more balanced. Scarlet Mini has more boomy, bigger bass that shakes the head/eardrums/ear canals more.

I like both the Scarlet Mini and Titan a lot, but I prefer the Titan more. Both are top tier basshead IEMs. Titan is like the classy, refined, controlled version of Scarlet Mini, which is more like a wild child. Both are small, lightweight, and comfortable, but Scarlet Mini is smaller and lighter. Titan fits my ears better though.
Strong agree about the comparison here. I demo'd both the Scarlet Mini and the Titan. I described the Scarlet Mini as "brain-melting bass" while the Titan was truly subwoofer-like. There was impact and texture in the Titan that was substituted for pure power in the Scarlet Mini. Definitely benefits from a strong source though. My Q5K powered it, but didn't perform like the stack that Symphonium provided for demoing. Surely one to look out for.

Mar 18, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #40 of 415
Strong agree about the comparison here. I demo'd both the Scarlet Mini and the Titan. I described the Scarlet Mini as "brain-melting bass" while the Titan was truly subwoofer-like. There was impact and texture in the Titan that was substituted for pure power in the Scarlet Mini. Definitely benefits from a strong source though. My Q5K powered it, but didn't perform like the stack that Symphonium provided for demoing. Surely one to look out for.

Thanks for the comparison, guys! Both brands appreciate you doing this, it will be helpful as they're going to be commonly compared in the future.

Mar 18, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #41 of 415
I 2nd the comparisons between the Titan and the Scarlet Mini here - to me, the Scarlet Mini was the epitome of bombastic and nasty bass. Probably really good for Hip-hop libraries where texture doesn't matter as much, just quantity. But for everything else, the tactile feeling of that Sub-bass in the Titan is extremely unique. Especially at the Kilobuck price point. When they release, I doubt anything will be able to touch them for overall quality across the board.

Mar 18, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #42 of 415
I 2nd the comparisons between the Titan and the Scarlet Mini here - to me, the Scarlet Mini was the epitome of bombastic and nasty bass. Probably really good for Hip-hop libraries where texture doesn't matter as much, just quantity. But for everything else, the tactile feeling of that Sub-bass in the Titan is extremely unique. Especially at the Kilobuck price point. When they release, I doubt anything will be able to touch them for overall quality across the board.

Agreed here! Subwoofer experience for the Titan, indeed!

Mar 18, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #45 of 415
Looking at the cable, is it any similar to the Nightjar Blue Hour cable? It appears the same....

No, it is a new cable specifically for Titan.

We'll reveal details at SG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back