Symphonium Titan - Impressions and reviews
Apr 18, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #256 of 364
Hey guys, If you have Tidal and the time, can you try out this track. Pink Panther Theme (Revenge of the Pink Boom) by Boom Tube. There is a tick tick sound. around the 0:57, 2:08, 2:45 mark. It sounds physical. I can't find this anywhere else.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 1.57.24 PM.png
Wow yeah it is physical for sure. That’s insane. I have felt it on a few other tracks but not like this. Thank you for this. New bass test track!

Apr 18, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #257 of 364
I tend to be a non-believer in sources and power, but Symphonium (and Nightjar) IEMs have really challenged my beliefs on these. (I feed the Titan more power off my Kann Alpha [80-90/150 in midgain] than some of my overears [Arya Organic is usually at 70-80, for one] to get to a satisfactory listening experience, not necc. volume. Never mind the Duality with the impedance adapter which pushed it to 120-130/150, a bit more than the Susvara!)
Symphonium Crimson and my ROG Ally present a compelling demonstration of "getting loud but not driven well." For the first time I heard a modern DAC/amp to break up that noticeably when driving an IEM, even though the volume has only been turned up around 1/3. Anyhow, I like this approach since it justifies my amplifiers :beyersmile:

@DingDongMonster Ey! I can feel those tick tick sounds at 0:57 (albeit with a different IEM). Nice track. The imaging of this album is so freaky :beyersmile: It's like there is some one knocking at the back of my head.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 2:56 AM Post #258 of 364
Wow yeah it is physical for sure. That’s insane. I have felt it on a few other tracks but not like this. Thank you for this. New bass test track!
Right! I tested it on the Sony Z1R. Nothing. I have yet to find another track that does that.

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:07 AM Post #259 of 364
Symphonium Crimson and my ROG Ally present a compelling demonstration of "getting loud but not driven well." For the first time I heard a modern DAC/amp to break up that noticeably when driving an IEM, even though the volume has only been turned up around 1/3. Anyhow, I like this approach since it justifies my amplifiers :beyersmile:

@DingDongMonster Ey! I can feel those tick tick sounds at 0:57 (albeit with a different IEM). Nice track. The imaging of this album is so freaky :beyersmile: It's like there is some one knocking at the back of my head.
Not just driving it. The Symphonium IEMs are capable of excellent dynamics. If you have a capable source. You will get another level up.

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:14 AM Post #261 of 364
what tips did you guys like best on Titan that dont compromise on bass quality and quantity?

The default narrowbores, Symbio peels, and Azla Sednaearfits. I have Azla Xelastec IIs and Origins coming in later, will test.

Not just driving it. The Symphonium IEMs are capable of excellent dynamics. If you have a capable source. You will get another level up.

Yup. I recently got an even more doubtful friend to question his beliefs when he demoed my Crimson from the Qudelix 5k he uses for everything, to my friend's iBasso DX160, and finally, my Kann Alpha.

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:25 AM Post #262 of 364
The default narrowbores, Symbio peels, and Azla Sednaearfits. I have Azla Xelastec IIs and Origins coming in later, will test.
Thanks for the recommendations! I feel like the right tip / fit in Titan does make an impactful difference on the bass quality (some make it slightly muddy).
Ive tried Spinfit W1, CP100+, Final E, Sedna short, Softears UC.
So far im getting back to the stock narrow / wide ones, but i liked the cp100+ (although couldnt fit them deep) and final e (but one of the two was slipping out of the iem).
Im waiting for velvets but they might not be a good tip for bass. Let me know about the origins when they arrive:), although i think they are slightly long.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 3:26 AM Post #263 of 364
Yup. I recently got an even more doubtful friend to question his beliefs when he demoed my Crimson from the Qudelix 5k he uses for everything, to my friend's iBasso DX160, and finally, my Kann Alpha.
It's all those Youtubers pushing narratives like "an apple dongle is the only thing you need!" Then you have the reddit crowd testing their $50 moondrops on 2k DAPs and it really doesn't make a difference. This other dimension never enters the conversation. Does the IEM have the potential to be driven?

Apr 18, 2024 at 4:55 AM Post #264 of 364
It's all those Youtubers pushing narratives like "an apple dongle is the only thing you need!" Then you have the reddit crowd testing their $50 moondrops on 2k DAPs and it really doesn't make a difference. This other dimension never enters the conversation. Does the IEM have the potential to be driven?
Ok I’m glad I’m not the only one that read that earlier and scratched my head. 🤣🤣

Apr 18, 2024 at 5:00 AM Post #265 of 364
Ok I’m glad I’m not the only one that read that earlier and scratched my head. 🤣🤣
yeah; you can't skimp out on a source when driving stuff from Symphonium; the benefits of getting a powerful enough amp for these is definitely worth the hassle.

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:31 AM Post #267 of 364
They forgot the most important part of one very big video on the Apple Dongle: the video only said that it would get to a listenable volume. That is true-- it is listenable. But they never said it was a satisfactory listening experience.

Apr 18, 2024 at 8:50 AM Post #268 of 364
Questyle M15i is limited by power in order to meet MFI spec requirements for power consumption.
The Titan is low impedance hence the M15i is likely not driving it properly. This sounds like the case if the distortion disappears on your THX887.
We tested Titan with the M15 (Non-I version) with no issues during R&D.

If distortion happens only on certain sources it's likely the source isn't driving it properly.
I also tried my UM Mest Mk2 on m15i and it sounded perfectly so nothing wrong with my dongle. When I tried the Titan on it, it made a lot of bass distortion on the left channel when I increase the volume.

Apr 18, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #269 of 364
Questyle M15i is limited by power in order to meet MFI spec requirements for power consumption.
The Titan is low impedance hence the M15i is likely not driving it properly. This sounds like the case if the distortion disappears on your THX887.
We tested Titan with the M15 (Non-I version) with no issues during R&D.

If distortion happens only on certain sources it's likely the source isn't driving it properly.
If the Titan is so sensitive with source paring/amplification I think it would be nice for you guys to recommned a minimum spec for the amp (Like minimum mw/vrms, output impedence etc).

I will be paring my Titan with a Ibasso DC 04Pro and I am already afraid that it will not be properlly powered.

Apr 18, 2024 at 9:08 AM Post #270 of 364
I also tried my UM Mest Mk2 on m15i and it sounded perfectly so nothing wrong with my dongle. When I tried the Titan on it, it made a lot of bass distortion on the left channel when I increase the volume.
The M15i might be running out of current (read: not power) to drive Titan. At just 3 ohms, Titan would need more current than most IEMs. The M15i might be clipping; the distortion is a consequence of that. Not only that, M15i has lower current draw (due to MFi certification), which means the power output is gimped as well.

have you tried other amps?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back