Symphonium Titan - Impressions and reviews
Apr 19, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #301 of 364
I first heard the Titan at CanJam New York. Definitely one of the highlights of the show. Couldn’t wait to get it.

The Symphonium Titan IEM Review: Ultimate Bass-head IEM?

Apr 19, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #302 of 364
it’s good, very spacious soundstage. On a lesser IEM, the bass might feel anemic on the reference presentation of the DX260. But the Titan has got such a big bass shelf, you won’t find it lacking.

Since the Titan is balanced, you won’t feel like the DX260 is killing the warmth. It will do that on warm leaning IEMs.

The DX260 is also technical enough to bring out the goodness of the Titan.

I prefer it on the Xduoo XD05. Where the dynamics is excellent and pairs very well with all of Symphonium’s stuff. However the DX260 is convenient.
Oook, as soon as the European distributor (guess it was Audioeaven) is online with it's page, I have to have these 🤣🤘

Apr 19, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #303 of 364
Here is a list that we have been circulating internally in our Discord of recommended sources that work better with our stuff.
This list was originally from @Chang at Subtonic (Thanks!) but was modified slightly between me and Felix at Symphonium.

Amps: PA10, Mojo2, Hugo2, Tsuranagi, Enleum HPA-23RM, K9 Pro ESS, K9 AKM, Mass Kobo 433
DAPs: RS2, R6PROii, RS6, RS8, PAW 6000, M17, DX300, DX320, SE300, LPGT, M9+, DX300MAX Ti, DX320MAX Ti
Portable Amps: PA10, Tsuranagi, MASS-Kobo 475, Enleum HPA-23RM, iFi Gryphon
Transportable DAC/Amps: Fiio Q7, Fiio Q15, xDuoo XD05 Pro, Chord Mojo2, AK CA1000T, QLS QA390LE, Chord Hugo2
Dongles: MBQuart MB21p, Audirect Atom 3, Fosi DS1, Hiby FC4, xDuoo Link2 Bal Max, L&P W2/W4, Hiby FC6, Lotoo Paw S1, Dita Navigator, Acoustune AS2002

Regards,

Quick google search tells me these are mainly desktop type external DACs (?), can anyone speak to the capability of bluetooth DACs, specifically fiio btr3k?

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:18 AM Post #304 of 364
Quick google search tells me these are mainly desktop type external DACs (?), can anyone speak to the capability of bluetooth DACs, specifically fiio btr3k?
i don't think it will work well, the BTR5 is barely enough to power Singularity, let alone titan. For bluetooth i'd go with BTR7.

Apr 20, 2024 at 1:51 AM Post #305 of 364
My wife has got a BTR15. I'm going to test it right now.

Apr 20, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #307 of 364
Apr 20, 2024 at 3:21 AM Post #308 of 364
I just had a threesome. Overall. It was very disappointing.

IMG_6912.jpg

BTR15 Bluetooth on iPhone. Next.

BTR15 on iPhone wired high gain is plenty loud. But sounds like the dead is talking to you. Flat, no dynamics. Bass is poorly defined. Where is the treble? You might as well use those earbuds that come free with your phone.

BTR15 DX260 wired. A little better, but everything above applies.

The BTR15 is capable of plenty of loud. But that is just it. It's loud, and the sonics never improve. It's just yucky soft and yucky loud.

BTR7 iPhone wired. It's much lower in volume compared to the BTR15. Drives the Titan loud enough. But dynamics is pretty poor. Imaging is poor. Treble is just sad. Blackpink sounds like Mickey Mouse.

BTR7 on DX260 wired. Much better. Only requires half the volume. Mids sound much fuller. The treble is still poor. What is supposed to be sparkly tingles in Robots in Motion, sounds like the toilet flushing. The dynamics are still poor. Very poor sound coherency.

BTR7 on an Andriod wired is acceptable. A waste of of the Titan, but acceptable.

AK HB-1 iPhone Bluetooth. Very low volume. Unusable. You have to plug in the USB and the volume will 2x.

AK HB-1 iPhone wired. Very loud, only needs half volume. Dynamics is decent. Trebel is good. Imaging is decent. Bass is decent. Mid volume is the best. Overall poor sound coherency. Beyond that is loudness with no improvement. iPhone bluetooth or wired sounds the same.

AK HB-1 DX260 wired. Sounds about the same as the iPhone overall. Bass thump sounds bigger and deeper.

I have 3 dongles and none of them drive the Titan to its full potential. In fact, the 2 Fiio dongles make it sound like a mediocre chifi offering, with poor technicals, either no treble, or sharp if it appears. Lousy imaging, bass is present but lacks quality. The AK HB-1 is better. But it still doesn't drive the Titan anywhere near what it can do.

That is about all I can endure. Hope it helps.

Apr 20, 2024 at 3:32 AM Post #309 of 364
I first heard the Titan at CanJam New York. Definitely one of the highlights of the show. Couldn’t wait to get it.

The Symphonium Titan IEM Review: Ultimate Bass-head IEM?

Amazing review
Loved it! 💪
Oook, as soon as the European distributor (guess it was Audioeaven) is online with it's page, I have to have these 🤣🤘

Audioheaven has not placed an order for the Titan's afaik. So it may be recommended to order Directly from us or from our UK distributor Elise Audio.

Symphonium Audio Proudly Designed and Manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Symphonium Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/symphoniumaudio https://twitter.com/SymphoniumAudio https://www.instagram.com/symphoniumaudio/ https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/ info@symphoniumaudio.com
Apr 20, 2024 at 5:20 AM Post #311 of 364
I just had a threesome. Overall. It was very disappointing.

BTR15 Bluetooth on iPhone. Next.

BTR15 on iPhone wired high gain is plenty loud. But sounds like the dead is talking to you. Flat, no dynamics. Bass is poorly defined. Where is the treble? You might as well use those earbuds that come free with your phone.

BTR15 DX260 wired. A little better, but everything above applies.

The BTR15 is capable of plenty of loud. But that is just it. It's loud, and the sonics never improve. It's just yucky soft and yucky loud.

BTR7 iPhone wired. It's much lower in volume compared to the BTR15. Drives the Titan loud enough. But dynamics is pretty poor. Imaging is poor. Treble is just sad. Blackpink sounds like Mickey Mouse.

BTR7 on DX260 wired. Much better. Only requires half the volume. Mids sound much fuller. The treble is still poor. What is supposed to be sparkly tingles in Robots in Motion, sounds like the toilet flushing. The dynamics are still poor. Very poor sound coherency.

BTR7 on an Andriod wired is acceptable. A waste of of the Titan, but acceptable.

AK HB-1 iPhone Bluetooth. Very low volume. Unusable. You have to plug in the USB and the volume will 2x.

AK HB-1 iPhone wired. Very loud, only needs half volume. Dynamics is decent. Trebel is good. Imaging is decent. Bass is decent. Mid volume is the best. Overall poor sound coherency. Beyond that is loudness with no improvement. iPhone bluetooth or wired sounds the same.

AK HB-1 DX260 wired. Sounds about the same as the iPhone overall. Bass thump sounds bigger and deeper.

I have 3 dongles and none of them drive the Titan to its full potential. In fact, the 2 Fiio dongles make it sound like a mediocre chifi offering, with poor technicals, either no treble, or sharp if it appears. Lousy imaging, bass is present but lacks quality. The AK HB-1 is better. But it still doesn't drive the Titan anywhere near what it can do.

That is about all I can endure. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the comparisons!

I'm actually a fan of several Fiio products and I did manage to test a few over Canjam SG, with the Titan or Crimson.
Specifically the KA17, Q15, K9 AKM, and K19.

(My Personal Impressions)
KA17 was alright, it drove fine but was warmer than I liked and overall sounded a bit congested.
Overall disappointing for what I expected but keep in mind I usually use sources that cost 4-6x more than the KA17.
Q15 was solid, would pick over the KA17 any day. Quite a noticeable step up in technicality and dynamics.

K9 AKM was even better. Really good and super close to the K9 Pro ESS that I own... In fact when you consider price I'd pick it over the ESS any day.
K19 (No PEQ) was a bit of a disappointment - the technicalities, power, soundstage was great but it lacked the magic of the K9 series;
the bass was clinical and leaning towards anemic which was not a good pairing at all for either IEM. The K9s had much better bass impact.

To conclude, if you are looking for a Bluetooth source I think the Q15 should be a serious consideration.
@ack84 not source-shaming you but I don't think the BTR3K would be anywhere close to the Q15 in terms of output and would likely not work well with our IEMs.

I like to think our IEMs are the equivalent of a high-quality car brand like Porsche - Feed them good and they'll do you right.

Symphonium Audio Proudly Designed and Manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Symphonium Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/symphoniumaudio https://twitter.com/SymphoniumAudio https://www.instagram.com/symphoniumaudio/ https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/ info@symphoniumaudio.com
Apr 20, 2024 at 8:08 AM Post #312 of 364
Thanks for the comparisons!

I'm actually a fan of several Fiio products and I did manage to test a few over Canjam SG, with the Titan or Crimson.
Specifically the KA17, Q15, K9 AKM, and K19.

(My Personal Impressions)
KA17 was alright, it drove fine but was warmer than I liked and overall sounded a bit congested.
Overall disappointing for what I expected but keep in mind I usually use sources that cost 4-6x more than the KA17.
Q15 was solid, would pick over the KA17 any day. Quite a noticeable step up in technicality and dynamics.

K9 AKM was even better. Really good and super close to the K9 Pro ESS that I own... In fact when you consider price I'd pick it over the ESS any day.
K19 (No PEQ) was a bit of a disappointment - the technicalities, power, soundstage was great but it lacked the magic of the K9 series;
the bass was clinical and leaning towards anemic which was not a good pairing at all for either IEM. The K9s had much better bass impact.

To conclude, if you are looking for a Bluetooth source I think the Q15 should be a serious consideration.
@ack84 not source-shaming you but I don't think the BTR3K would be anywhere close to the Q15 in terms of output and would likely not work well with our IEMs.

I like to think our IEMs are the equivalent of a high-quality car brand like Porsche - Feed them good and they'll do you right.
What about Acoustune AS2002? Is it a good enough pair to make titan shine?

Apr 20, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #313 of 364
given the fact that there is a bundle option (titan + AS2002), i would think so

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #314 of 364
I got the bundle and it sounds great with the AS2002, very full and well separated, I love it. I also have the first ifi hip dac but I did not like that pairing, it sounds way too warm (in a bad way), congested.

I think you also asked about eartips; I'm currently using the stock eartips with the blue stem, I tried the Velvet eartips, but again, made it sound congested, imo, and the separation is so good in the titan that it is a definite disservice to muddy it up on purpose haha

Hell, I can listen to the Mars Volta and pick out instruments easily with the stock tips lol
But I'm open to suggestions!

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #315 of 364
I got the bundle and it sounds great with the AS2002, very full and well separated, I love it. I also have the first ifi hip dac but I did not like that pairing, it sounds way too warm (in a bad way), congested.

I think you also asked about eartips; I'm currently using the stock eartips with the blue stem, I tried the Velvet eartips, but again, made it sound congested, imo, and the separation is so good in the titan that it is a definite disservice to muddy it up on purpose haha

Hell, I can listen to the Mars Volta and pick out instruments easily with the stock tips lol
But I'm open to suggestions!
Nice. I guess the impulse buy turned out great!

I went tip rolling and returned to the stock blue stems. The Crimson is more fussy and sometimes there will be pressure build up. The velvets worked great on that one. For the Titan, the stock tips just work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back