SW-Xcape recommended ear tips
Jan 28, 2011 at 4:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

DigitalUser

New Head-Fier
Been using these for about two weeks now and they sound great I want to try different tips to hear the difference. What are some good tips to use for the xcapes i hve heard that the Monster SuperTips, Shure E2c and shure/comply foams are good but are there any other good ones. I can get the monster supertips from bestbuy in the US. I would prefer to buy tips from a store near Vancouver area but wouldn't mind ordering them online if nothing else.

Jan 28, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #2 of 11
I am using Sony Hybrid orange or green colored. I like the hybrid better than stock tips, but the stock tips are not bad also.

Jan 28, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #3 of 11
I've been trying different tips on my Xcapes, and I'm now back to the OEM single flange, quite deeply inserted. It gives a very nice bass presence and extension while staying balanced with the rest of the spectrum.

I was pretty happy with Shure E2c single flange, but kept leaving one behind in my left ear unless I was VERY careful about removing the housing. That gets old fast. The E2c tips have been most comfortable, but the bass could be overly prominent on some tracks. Anybody have some good ideas to prevent the tip coming off the nozzle when removing?

I've also tried the wide variety of OEM tips from Fischer DBA-02's (the Fischer OEM tips were kinda loose on the smaller nozzle diameter). The Fischer black single flange was pretty good, as was the large biflange from Head-Direct. Smaller biflanges like those from Head-Direct, MEElec and those included by Sunrise didn't work for me.

Feb 14, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #6 of 11
Stock single flanges are excellent. I also tried MEElec bi-flanges I use on my RE0, but they really don't work that well together.
I get a great fit and good isolation with the single flanges.

Feb 14, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #7 of 11
I've been using the single flange tips from my Nuforce Ne-6 most of the time. For some reason I wasn't able to get a good seal with the included tips.

The comply t400 foams are really good with these for better isolation and a slightly warmer sound.

Feb 14, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
Would shure olives fit?

I doubt it. Olives were a very tight fit on the 3.5mm nozzles of the DBA-02's, and the Xcape nozzles are 5mm. Don't know about de-coring Olives, however.

Feb 15, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #10 of 11
Feb 20, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #11 of 11
I bought both the Sony Hybrids and the comply t-400s. The comply foams are more warm sounding and provide better grip and isolation, I really like it. The hybrids are a pain to put on but I think the sound is slightly better than the stock tips. Might switch the tips back and forth ,also thanks for the recommendations and sites :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back