Sunrise Xcape, M1, MC5, HJE900 4 way comparison (Now w/ TS02!!)
Oct 6, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #31 of 69

Quote:
anyone have tried the M2 from brainwavz yet?? i like to know whats the improvement over the M1...
o2smile.gif

Not an improvement, just a different sound signature. They definitely share some familial traits though. The search function is your friend as there's plenty of M2 (aka ViSang R03) reviews out there.

Oct 11, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #33 of 69
@LiveAndLetDie

the filters of them rather thicker than re0;and I have no problems with them at all.They will be more durable I assume,because better material used in that...

Oct 14, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #35 of 69
Some toughts from a none audiophile, about Xcape after 55-60 hours of burn in and 3 hours of listening:

Housings and strain reliefs look solid, cables are slighly sturdier than mc5, but on par with them for microphonics.
They're warmer than mc5 and slightly colder than Silver Bullet, not as spacious as them but separation between instruments is pretty good and gives some feeling of space. Bass are well controlled especially in quantity, vocals are fine, a little forward compared to mc5, but not as much as with SB, trebles are slightly better than mc5.

What is annoying me is sometimes Xcape seem to loose control, it can be some cymbals which ends with hissing or a piano that should be forward during few seconds and stay behind.
blink.gif

Oct 14, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #36 of 69

Quote:
Some toughts from a none audiophile, about Xcape after 55-60 hours of burn in and 3 hours of listening:

Housings and strain reliefs look solid, cables are slighly sturdier than mc5, but on par with them for microphonics.
They're warmer than mc5 and slightly colder than Silver Bullet, not as spacious as them but separation between instruments is pretty good and gives some feeling of space. Bass are well controlled especially in quantity, vocals are fine, a little forward compared to mc5, but not as much as with SB, trebles are slightly better than mc5.

What is annoying me is sometimes Xcape seem to loose control, it can be some cymbals which ends with hissing or a piano that should be forward during few seconds and stay behind.
blink.gif

Interesting, never noticed that anomaly.  I'll try to do more longterm listening tonight.  Hopefully its not source related which should be since it doesn't happen w/ your MC5.

Oct 15, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #37 of 69
I found out what was wrong, with other earphones I mostly use medium size single flange tips, so I used the default tips with Xcape. I just discovered they don't give me a perfect seal, that's why they didn't render sound with accuracy sometimes, using the biflange tips solved the problem.
smile_phones.gif

Oct 15, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #39 of 69
zest, how are these compared to the SBs? Will find it hard to surpass considering it beats out IEMs like DDM/MPTC for me.

Oct 16, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #40 of 69

Quote:
zest, how are these compared to the SBs? Will find it hard to surpass considering it beats out IEMs like DDM/MPTC for me.

As you know some IEMs immediately call your attention to what they do well.  That's the common occurence.  The Xcape is more like the 530/535 if you read MH and Spyros impressions.  Nothing pops out at first, only after you listen you notice they don't do anything wrong and that's when you start to appreciate them.  If that makes sense.  Considered overall, I like the Xcape as a complete package over the DDM.  They are also more engaging than the Coppers for long term listening but not as immediately and noticeably proficient as the Coppers are off the bat.  More balanced than the Coppers but warmer if that's your thing. 

Oct 16, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #41 of 69

Quote:

It's pretty difficult to explain because I'm not fluent in english and I'm not an expert, I would say, compared to SB, sound is more laid back, a bit smooth sometimes, it's like SB sound has more shape, like it is in 3D and Xcape in 2D. After some more listening, I don't think highs are better than with mc5 and I noticed they sound a bit better with iAudio 9 (BBE Viva EQ) than with Fuze (Normal EQ). My remarks could be misinterpreted and look very negative, but I like these earphones, they have everything you can expect in this price range (build quality, accessories, comfort and SQ).

Oct 17, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #42 of 69
Well it's an unfair comparison I'll say because the SBs are pricier and outperform at their prince range. I can see the Xscape beating it as an all-round product thought because it looks very comfortable (the SBs are very comfortable for me but may not be for others) and the build is better. 

Oct 18, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #43 of 69
I don't see why it's unfair, SB+shipping = Xcape+free shipping, and it's not because they fit your taste (and mostly mine) that they outperform any earphones in their price range.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back