Sunrise Xcape, M1, MC5, HJE900 4 way comparison (Now w/ TS02!!)
Nov 18, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #61 of 69
Thanks for your answers they were really helpful!
The only problem with iBassos is availability... where E5's are (relatively) easy to get from amazon.co.uk. When you live in Portugal your options are sometimes rather limited...

Dec 10, 2010 at 9:41 AM Post #62 of 69
can anyone suggest me great IN EAR headphones under category $50--$150...it must have "best  BASS".....but overall performance should also be great such as treble and vocal clarity should sound great and must not fall lower to the bass(a slight lower is fine)..the"hiss" sound should be totally absent....i was gonna pick one of these headphones:

brainwavz m2,,,panas rp hje900,,,sunrise Xcape,,,fisher audio eterna,,,Xears TD100,,,,Cyclone PR1 Pro

PLEASE suggest me as i m tired of using creative EP630 and want to upgrade for greater ones ..also if you got better in ear headphones than 'em ...i would love to know 'bout them 

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #63 of 69

Quote:
can anyone suggest me great IN EAR headphones under category $50--$150...it must have "best  BASS".....but overall performance should also be great such as treble and vocal clarity should sound great and must not fall lower to the bass(a slight lower is fine)..the"hiss" sound should be totally absent....i was gonna pick one of these headphones:

brainwavz m2,,,panas rp hje900,,,sunrise Xcape,,,fisher audio eterna,,,Xears TD100,,,,Cyclone PR1 Pro

PLEASE suggest me as i m tired of using creative EP630 and want to upgrade for greater ones ..also if you got better in ear headphones than 'em ...i would love to know 'bout them 

You need to really explain what you want from 'best bass'.  What aspects of Bass are important to you?

Dec 10, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #64 of 69
Lol 'best bass'. Yeah describing aspects such as impact-body-punch-reverb- help incredibly.

Dec 12, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #65 of 69
Anaxilus....i want an iem which performs good bassy punch at the start of songs and also continues them atlest till the mids ............
i used creative EP630...it used to give a good kick at the start of hip hop songs....but as they used to reach the mids the bass used to get a bit low......this must not happen in an IEM which i wanna buy

Dec 12, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #66 of 69

Quote:
Anaxilus....i want an iem which performs good bassy punch at the start of songs and also continues them atlest till the mids ............
i used creative EP630...it used to give a good kick at the start of hip hop songs....but as they used to reach the mids the bass used to get a bit low......this must not happen in an IEM which i wanna buy

Are you sure what you describe is not the song mastering itself?  If you hear bass you like w/ your current IEM that means it can hit those frequencies at all times just that the song, the way its mixed, is pushing the bass back during the vocals?  Of the IEMs you listed I've only heard the 900 and Xcape and neither of those is appropriate for that kind of booming bass.  FWIR the Eterna might be the way to go though I would ask Joker on his review thread.

Dec 12, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #67 of 69
what 'bout brainwavz ,cyclone and Xears...i read review mentioning a good bass quality and quantity in them.....brainwavz m1 rule treble was read by me in a review which compared DDM and M1.......but i think m2's got a good bass...cyclone was rated 8 for its sound quality by joker in his 125 IEMs compared review...i had read good things bout Xears too.................

tell me your opinion coz i wanted to buy DDM but from a shop in my own country and not online.............but a fellow headfi'er yello131 said that they ae rare japanese IEM..so i dropped its thought....then only i returned to thought of buying low budget good quality IEM....

in short...according  to you which IEMs shoud i look for considering my taste 

Dec 12, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #68 of 69

Quote:
Quote:

Are you sure what you describe is not the song mastering itself?  If you hear bass you like w/ your current IEM that means it can hit those frequencies at all times just that the song, the way its mixed, is pushing the bass back during the vocals?  Of the IEMs you listed I've only heard the 900 and Xcape and neither of those is appropriate for that kind of booming bass.  FWIR the Eterna might be the way to go though I would ask Joker on his review thread.

If you want a good mid bass hump then the Eterna would be indeed a good choice. The v2 is supposed to be pretty similar to the v1. I've only had the v1 so don't know how it compares but have been told that they are quite similar. The Eterna will definitely have comparable bass quantity to the EP630 but offer it at much better quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back