Suitable replacement/upgrade for my JVC FXZ-200
Aug 24, 2014 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Azaril000

New Head-Fier
Greetings folks!

I absolutely love my FXZ-200's, but the wires are starting to fail (frequent right ear cut outs) and it is slightly damaged. Ive had them for a good while (around 1-2 years). Alas it's time to move on with a new set.

To give a indication to what i listen to, its mainly quite heavy on the bass side (which the FXZ200's did a fantastic job of). I listen mainly to trance music or music with a heavy beat. I also listen to a good bit of classic rock/blues etc, but mainly save this for indoors listening through my hifi speakers or Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro's (just to also give you a indication to what I have for headphones). As with anyone I'm looking for the perfect earphones for all this.

I am currently considering, IE80, GR07 (maybe bass edition?), UE TF10Pro, Sony XBA4, Westone 3, JVC FX700, JVC FX850, Denon C300, or even repurchasing the FXZ200 if there is nothing better.

Budget is slightly flexible, I'd rather find the more appropriate sound then think about the money (but nothing crazy!).

Any input from you knowledgeable chaps will be greatly appreciated!

Sep 7, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #4 of 4
I have the fxz200 as well and am looking at several options.  The T-Peos altone 200 are getting stellar reviews and can be had for about $150 shipped (three driver hybrid). Also the Audio Technica ATH CKR9 seem to be really well received.  What do you plan on using for your source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back