Suggestions for Cowon S9 Headphone? (no amp)
Aug 6, 2010 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ZonDerSam

New Head-Fier

Hello, I have S9 and thinking to get a full sized headphone for it.  I will not be getting an amp for it now, perhaps later in the future.  I listen to classical, hip pop, instrumental, operatic pop, pop, R&B, and some alternative rock, blues, country, and jazz.

I have narrowed down my choice to three cans, Alessandro MS2i, Beyer DT880 (32ohm), and Ultrasone 780.  Which one do you think will better fit my listening with S9? 

If you have a different phone in mind for me, please tell me.  I do not mind if it's closed or opened.  I'll be listening indoors.  My budget is $300 US.

Thanks for your inputs.

Aug 8, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #2 of 6

BUMP - hope it's ok to bump after 48 hours
biggrin.gif

any help would be appreciated.  thank you.

Aug 8, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 6
my friend has the S9 and grado SR225i.
it's quite a nice pairing.

i've never heard the SR325 / MS2. 
you may want to read a bit about those.  i have read that the SR325 has abundant treble.
but have also read that the MS2 corrects this somewhat. 
caveat :  i haven't heard them.  just reporting impressions that i have read many times on the forum...

good luck w/ the search for cans.

Aug 9, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #5 of 6
I love my Cowon S9 paired with my M50's. There is plenty of bass and more volume than I need. I hooked my S9 up to a friend's pair of Pioneer HDJ-2000's and they sounded even better and were more comfy than my M50's with the 440 earpads. They also cost another $100 though.

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #6 of 6

Thank you sir Tony.  I'll look into both M50 and HDJ-2000.  Although I don't need my headphone to be portable, both of these look like they fold nicely.

Anyone else with any other suggestions or second what Wuss and Tony said?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back