Stupid question : Is it possible to use LCD-2 or HE-6 in bed ?
Jun 17, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #16 of 32

Quote:
Yeah that could work.  Different pillows are going to have different sound characteristics.  You have to mod your pillows for the best soundstage and bass response. 

dont forget the sheets!
I heard good sheet can increase soundstage!
9/10 hifi-nerds recommend using wooden legs on the bed.
tenth got the best results on hanging net between two trees (oak trees are recommended because they tighten up bass and balance mids and hights)

Jun 19, 2011 at 5:15 AM Post #18 of 32
Yes, I owned them both and spend many happy nights listening to them in bed. but if you move around a lot the LCD cups will sometimes slide off your head. its no problem cause by then you are in dreamland. On head fi, you better believe somebody will know the answer to your question about listening to specific headphones in bed!

Jun 20, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #20 of 32

Quote:
Eiderdown pillows provide the best sound and comfort.

http://www.cuddledown.com/product/pillows/view-all-pillows/heirloom-silk-eiderdown-pillow-stomach.do?sortby=priceDescend  

Wow those do look nice.  There's so many bad audiophile jokes I want to make about silky treble...
tongue_smile.gif

But in all seriousness, I've never noticed/heard a headphone that is so sensitive to the open backed cups getting blocked as the HE6.  If you are even an inch away you can hear a difference.  It's because they are very open, and planars push a lot of backwave out the back of the driver, much more than conventional dynamics.  The LCD-2's magnet structure doesn't allow as much backwave out the back.  So it's actually true that you can't use the HE6 with fluffy pillows. 
cool.gif

Jun 21, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #23 of 32
A word of caution though- a buddy of mine once told me an almost Darwin award tale about his experience with fullsize phones in bed. So he likes to sleep with them on. The other thing he does while sleeping is rolling around in the bed. I don't know, maybe it's because of the music or something. So he ended up reeling the wire around his neck. He told me that he woke up in the middle of the night with a suffocating sensation. I don't really think that the wire can suffocate you, but pushing on the arteries can't be healthy either. Also guys sleeping on the top bunk must look out for falling out of the bed. Though that's a little far fetched. You won't hang yourself, I guess.... Just pull your amp on top of you when falling down, hehe.

Jul 13, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #25 of 32
Quote:
Eiderdown pillows provide the best sound and comfort.
http://www.cuddledown.com/product/pillows/view-all-pillows/heirloom-silk-eiderdown-pillow-stomach.do?sortby=priceDescend  

$6000 for a stupid pillow?!!?! wt.........
for that kinda money might as well buy a stax 009 and sit up!

Jul 13, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #26 of 32
Probably, but only if the woman lets you

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #28 of 32
Headphones are cheaper, require less upkeep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back