1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

STAX SR-009S new flagship electrostatic earspeakers released (with impressions)

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by padam, Apr 20, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
  1. Tugbars
    comparing headphones and speakers is like comparing apples vs oranges. Because both can taste sweet, it doesn't mean they are the same. Of course speakers have potentially better soundstage and bass.

Headphones are good for detail retrieval & intimate listening experience and they offer a cheaper solution to get good sound quality relatively to buying speakers which can offer the same detail retrieval, clarity in sound etc.

And about 009S, call me purist but i seriously think that STAX especially 009 aren't good for listening songs like "The wall" When there is a lot of going on in a song, like when there are a lot of sound layers overlapping each other and/or very fast passages they start shining. There you see what electrostatic headphones are about. They offer very good clarity and detail presented with properly done layering. (and that's all i want from my music) Headphones or speakers with good timbre is what is needed to enjoy "The wall" most. STAX isn't known to have the best timbre.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  2. thomaskong78
    I understand what you mean.

Speakers and headphones are apple and orange not in the same league.

If I want deep bass, dynamics and deeper soundstage, I would go to my speaker system.

But when I want intimate sound without disturbing sleeping wife, then I may go to Stax 009S.

For my purpose, I think 009S and Carbon is the end game.

I do not need to go to T2 to get 10% better sound spending 6k$ or more.

billqs likes this.
  3. buzzlulu
    Or have the bother of tubes (imho)

4. tumpux
    It's funny that you keep repeating about the T2.
    Trying to resist the inevitable?

First

Back
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62